Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
I feel like I hardly ever see anyone choose underwater nations. This'll be interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
What scales and what dominion power did you go for yourself?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Tagichatn posted:

I went order 2, production 1, heat 2, growth 2, luck 2 and magic 1 with dominion 7. Going without a major bless left me a lot of room to take some good scales.

Is there any point to taking Heat/Cold scales unless you're one of the specific nations with units that benefit from it?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Speleothing posted:

I like to name my mages with rare crosspaths and prophets in ALL CAPS to make them even easier to find.

Name your pretender .SOVEREIGN.CITIZEN. and that'd be a great combo.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

What happens if you only have water provinces and you recruit non-water-breathing mercenaries? :v: Do they just show up and then drown immediately?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

How far in the past is each turn from when it's posted, roughly?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

So wait, if someone borrowed Nazca's password to send a message, did they also waste his turn for him? :v:

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Got any big "global" maps yet so we can have an idea of how much of the oceans you own?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Am I remembering wrong or doesn't Marignon have some okay aquatic/amphibious units?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Tagichatn posted:

Last but certainly not least, Pelagia’s fort has been breached! It’s happening! Normally I would send in a scout or something to see what he has, but honestly I’m not too worried about Pelagia given how little fight he’s put up. I’m just gonna storm the fort next turn.

Tune in next turn to see a conquered Pelagia! Or see my army completely destroyed in an embarrassing manner!

Blind storming forts may not be clever strategy, but it adds to the fun for the viewers by keeping things unpredictable. :v:

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

How many underwater nations are there in Dom 4, anyway? Oceania, Pelagia, Atlantis and R'lyeh? I was wondering whether it might be possible to do an entirely underwater game, everyone picks an underwater nation, because if they're weaker than the land nations, maybe they might be more balanced against each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Misfortune sounds like one of the worst possible negative scales to pick. Everything else feels like something you could potentially work with, but heavy Misfortune will screw over almost anyone and any strategy.

• Locked thread