Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

"My doctor wasn't very happy about the condition of my liver. But I'm still drinking a lot. I might drop dead at any minute." - Yoko Taro

Hmm... Huh? What do you want? I said I was busy and didn’t have time for any more Let’s Pl—huh? What? What do you mean someone let Taro Yoko make another game? C’mon man... how?! It better not be another goddamn Draken—oh it’s a Nier sequel? I... poo poo...

Fine... FINE! Goddammit! Let me get dressed...

What is NieR: Automata?
NieR: Automata is an inexplicable sequel to 2010’s Game of the Year Absolutely Nobody Played (GOTYANP™) NIER. Cavia might have fallen, but somehow Taro Yoko keeps getting work. And this time he was given an actual competent development team in the form of Platinum Games. Like their A-Team too. Not the skeleton crew of interns making all this subpar licensed properties like Legend of Korra or Ninja Turtles. Or even the band of cardboard cutouts standing in a room with Hideki Kamiya pretending Scalebound was ever going to be a real game. Like competent people good at making a video game!

I know, I’m as surprised as you!

Do I need to have played the original NIER to enjoy this?
Nope! NieR: Automata is set thousands of years in the future past the original game and has very little to do with it plot wise. It does have very overt references and some returning characters you’ll miss out on. While I’ll point out anything calling back to the original, I will be working under the assumption you’ve played the first game and spoil the hell out of it. If you’d like to learn more about the original game, I heard there’s a pretty good LP of that over here:
NIER

And while we’re at it, this is technically set in the same universe as the Drakengard games. Which I also might have LPed in some hazy point in the past:
Drakengard
Drakengard 3

How are they related? Well... It’s a long story I don’t have time to get into here. And almost not as all as far as this game goes. Except for the direct references. But err... Don’t worry about it too much! That was like four apocalypses ago! It doesn’t even matter much anymore. Mostly.

So what actually is this game?
It’s an open world action-adventure brawler RPG twin-stick shooter side-scroller platformer with the occasional visual novel element.

Wha...?
Yes.

I cannot believe you’re doing a SSLP for this Platinum action game! Please do an LP custom tailored to my tastes!
Analysis: Shits given - 0.
Proposal: Nothing is stopping you from making your own LP or finding a suitable screamboy on YouTube or Twitch playing this, champ. This game actually has buzz. It's not just me screaming into the void it's real good this time! If you'd like to have a series of articles going in-depth on all aspects of the game from how it plays to the weird dumb lore, hi. That's me! And what I'm going to do. This will be more comprehensive than any other motherfucker on the internet is gonna do. And there will be videos for every single part you'd actually care about. If that's not good enough for you... tough poo poo, hoss! :v:

Or better yet: GO PLAY IT YOURSELF! It is legit a really loving great game! I want you to go play it if you can.

How do you pronounce "Automata"?
Like "automaton". Auh-toe-mahta.

With that said, let’s begin...

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Mar 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Updates go here in a nice and orderly fashion for your viewing pleasure. Please don't make a mess.

Episode I: A Cautionary Tale
Episode I-B: Not Hard
Episode II: Marx
Episode III: A Real Junk Heap
Episode IV: Engels
Episode V: Black Box
Episode VI: Diagnostics
Episode VII: Bunk Beds

Episode VIII: The Last of Bots
Episode IX: Learning the Ropes
Episode X: Fishing Lore
Episode XI: An Elusive Request
Episode XII: 11B

Episode XIII: Jackass
Episode XIV: Another Life in the Sands
Episode XV: This Cannot Continue
Episode XVI: None Wang Angel

Episode XVII: Pipe Purgatory
Episode XVIII: Carnival Night Zone
Episode XIX: A Beautiful Performance
Episode XX: White Flag

Episode XXI: Pascal
Episode XXII: Urban Violence
Episode XXIII: Mars People
Episode XXIV: Proposal

Episode XXV: Executing Orders
Episode XXVI: The Most Dangerous Catch
Episode XXVII: In the Name... of SCIENCE!
Episode XXVIII: Revengeance
Episode XXIX: Repairs
Episode XXX: Welcome to the Family, Son
Episode XXXI: Family Matters
Episode XXXII: Machine Needs
Episode XXXIII: Hey, Mister!
Episode XXXIV: Existence Precedes Essence
Episode XXXV: Games Are Art
Episode XXXVI: Top Boy
Episode XXXVII: Deadly Alliance
Episode XXXVIII: Pick Up the Stick
Episode XXXIX: Long Live the King!
Episode XL: A2

Episode XLI: The Merchant
Episode XLII: Father's Day Gift
Episode XLIII: It Came From the Desert...
Episode XLIV: Pearl Harbor
Episode XLV: A Need for Speed
Episode XLVI: A Special Place
Episode XLVII: Animal Antics
Episode XLVIII: The King's Turf
Episode XLIX: Carrier
Episode L: Grün
Episode LI: Colossus

Episode LII: Scanning Doubles
Episode LIII: Missing in Action
Episode LIV: The Essence of Humanity
Episode LV: Round 3
Episode LV-2: Team

Episode LVI: Olive Branch
Episode LVII: Become As...
Episode LVIII: ...Gods
Episode LIX: Watcher

Episode LX: Lunch Break
Episode LXI: Electric Boogaloo
Episode LXII: Knack
Episode LXIII: Parasite Eve
Episode LXIV: Flowers for Machines

Episode LXV: Brother
Episode LXVI: Seeker of Knowledge
Episode LXVII: Hack the Planet
Episode LXVIII: Speedrun
Episode LXIX: Nice
Episode LXX: Trolling My Future Self

Episode LXXI: City Escape

Episode LXXII: The Golden Boy
Episode LXXIII: Heritage for the Future
Episode LXXIV: The Flame of Prometheus
Episode LXXV: This Continued

Episode LXXVI: Party Pooper
Episode LXXVII: Look My Way
Episode LXXVIII: Problematic

Episode LXXIX: Reclusive
Episode LXXX: Traveling Fast

Episode LXXXI: 21O
Episode LXXXII: Wandering Gold
Episode LXXXIII: Game Dev QA Session
Episode LXXXIV: Spread Love Throughout the World!
Episode LXXXV: Father Servo's Final Lessons
Episode LXXXVI: A Wise Man Once Said...
Episode LXXXVII: LA NoiRHa
Episode LXXXVIII: Poor Financial Decisions
Episode LXXXIX: Weird Science
Episode LXXXIX-2: You Can't Hug With Nuclear Arms
Episode XC: The Lord of the Valley
Episode XCI: This Sure Is Sad

Episode XCII: Adam and Steve
Episode XCIII: Missile Command

Episode XCIV: Incoming Text Message

Episode XCV: You Got Served
Episode XCVI: Gated Access
Episode XCVII: Glory to Mankind

Episode XCVIII: Rapid Reentry
Episode XCVIII-2: Online Housing Crisis
Episode XCIX: Or Not to Be

Episode C: Onward to War
Episode CI: Like a Kid
Episode CII: War and War
Episode CIII: Bingo
Episode CIV: That's An Order!
Episode CV: Loss

Episode CVI: Please State Your Intentions
Episode CVII: Hegel

Episode CVIII: The Tower
Episode CIX: To Mourn
Episode CX: Shut Up

Episode CXI: MERCY.EXE
Episode CXI-2: Reunion
Episode CXII: To Remember
Episode CXIII: Of Course a Japanese Stage Play is Canon
Episode CXIV: The Solution to All Problems
Episode CXV: The Bad Bot
Episode CXVI: Play With Us!
Episode CXVII: Machine Philosophy
Episode CXVIII: An Inevitability
Episode CXIX: pacifism.txt
Episode CXX: I Taught Them Everything...

Episode CXXI: Intel and Inventory
Episode CXXII: The Trouble With Twins
Episode CXXIII: The Completionist's Dilemma
Episode CXXIV: My Memories

Episode CXXV: Die Alone
Episode CXXVI: Family
Episode CXXVII: Auguste

Episode CXXVIII: Atonement
Episode CXXIX: No One Stops
Episode CXXX: You're Tearing Me Apart
Episode CXXXI: Overdue Books
Episode CXXXII: Give Him a Hand
Episode CXXXIII: Grin
Episode CXXXIV: The Ascent
Episode CXXXV: Official Designation
Episode CXXXVI: Meaningless Code

NieR: Automata Intro
Episode CXXXVII: Post Game
Episode CXXXVIII: 3C3C1D119440927
Episode CXXXVIX: BattleBots
Episode CXL: Roll the Dye
Episode CXLI: Bunny Hop
Episode CXLII: House Guest
Episode CXLIII: Naughty Boy
Episode CXLIV: Hail to the King
Episode CXLV: Real Steel
Episode CXLVI: Elation
Episode CXLVII: Revealing
Episode CXLVIII: Failure in Motor Function
Episode CXLIX: Combat Data
Episode CL: Deserving of Life
Episode CLI: My Immersion...
Episode CLII: Spawn Goddammit!
Episode CLIII: Emil's Determination

Episode CLIV: Childhood's End
Episode CLV: The End of YoRHa

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Mar 9, 2018

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Fanart and assorted junk made in the LP thread goes here. Spoilers a-plenty, obviously. Sheesh!

Rirse reminds us of 2B's voice actress' dark origins.

AndwhatIseeisme knows the score.

Obnoxipus axes us a question.

Adnor chronicles my journey through Kingdom Hearts 2.

Fredrik1 has some top boys for us.

Elkyrie shares some little dudes having fun.

AirborneNinja has prohibited fun on this roller coaster.

Elkyrie shows us the eternal plight of 2B.

Morbi has an interesting interpretation of 2B's eating habits.

Morbi should know jokes are prohibited.

Morbi holy poo poo...

Obnoxipus has regrets for their words and deeds.

Fioaimes (my wife) came tumbling down with this.

Ledgy has questionable ethics when dealing with orb boys.

Fioaimes has created an actual murder machine.

Ursine Catastrophe has shown a corrupting influence.

FrostyJones knows the path to deification.

megane knows a top boy or two.

TurnipFritter wants a quiet life for 2B.

TurnipFritter has different ideas about hacking.

FeyerbrandX reminds us of much more dire times.

Fredrik1 knows class.

NHO picked the forbidden fruit fish.

Gutter Owl questions YoRHa's place in the world.

MShadowy has a deep cut for us.

Neddy Seagoon sums up Yoko Taro's writing process.

Adnor sees good things in 9S's future.

KamikazePotato is just trying to help.

Solar Tornado is receiving a C&D order from Yukiko Yoko's lawyers as we speak.

Jetamo has returned from the darkest timeline.

Tunicate is a bad person but totally right here...

Nohman really wants to **** 2B.

RoeCocoa is here to blow our minds.

The Ayshkerbundy questions the Red Girls' fashion decisions.

Tunicate has peered into the machine cores.

My son has some NieR: Automata commentary to share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-XtMNYHsZc
Seshoho Cian steams a mean ham.

Occasionally I'm an irresponsible parent but... c'mon... This is pretty good.

Doodmons I'll be the roooooundabout! The wooooooords will make you out 'n' out!

Malachite_Dragon is immune to FoxDie.

Squarely Circle implores you to visit Mt. Emilmore.

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Mar 17, 2018

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Episode I: A Cautionary Tale

New Music: Significance

Welp... We’re somehow here. Honestly, of all the games I LPed over the years, NIER was at the very bottom of ones I expected to ever get a sequel. The game sold gently caress all. Cavia, the development studio, shuttered months after it was released. I was more of an ad campaign than Square-Enix put out. And well... it wasn’t exactly a game that screamed for a sequel in the first place. But here we are!

Limbo of the Lost 2 is going to be announced any day now.

First things first, as soon as we hit New Game we’re told this game does not have auto-save. There is no auto-saving in this game! It is entirely on you to save your game. There’s a reason for that. It’s a bad reason and the single worst mechanic in the game. But save points are incredibly generous in stock most of the time so it’s not a big deal. Usually... We’ll find that out later in the game!*

* “Later in the game” means after the Prologue. The Prologue is 30-40 minutes your first time through.

The first order of business is naming our save game file. In the original Nier, the player had to name the main character, Papa Nier. Yeah, they named a game after a player character you could rename at the start. Indeed, the name “Nier” is... actually verbally said _once_ in either of these games! But that’s not the case this time around! They only ever use the name here for our data entry. So I’ll just name the save file after myself. I *probably* won’t have to erase myself from existence. That’d be silly!

There are four difficulty levels present in NieR: Automata. Easy, which absolutely anyone can beat with no problem. The game will literally play itself in battles if you so desire. Normal, which is the recommended difficulty initially. Hard, which is err... well... for advanced players. And Very Hard, in which literally everything kills you in one hit. If you spec correctly 1.5 hits. Well heck, I’ve played the first game and my fair share of character actionish titles. Let’s give Hard a whirl!

Hey, what the hell?! You literally JUST told us there is no auto-save in this game. Please explain what is happening in the top right of the screen right now, mister. I’ll wait... I cannot believe it is 20 seconds into the game and we’ve already been lied to.

This doesn’t bode well... Oh well. Let’s just start the drat game and hope for the best, eh?

Music: ENDS

We are perpetually trapped... in a never-ending spiral of life and death. Is this a curse? Or some kind of punishment? I often think about the god who blessed us with this cryptic puzzle... and wonder if we’ll ever have the chance to kill him.

New Music: Alien Manifestation

For all the insane happenings in the Yoko Taroverse, murdering deities has never come up. The rhythm battle abortion on the giant pan-dimensional Grotesquerie Queen above the skies of Tokyo was probably the closest it ever got. But this planet is about four apocalypses deep at this point. If God exists in this universe, to his credit it's at least not a malicious absentee landlord...

Anyway, have a sweet future fighter jet!

Our flight is interrupted by a radio transmission and large holographic display... outside the aircraft. That seems off, but what do I don’t know future tech?

Autopilot systems green across the board.

We’ve passed the 50-kilometer threshold and are proceeding toward the target.
Understood. Once you reach their anti-air defenses, proceed to manual-attack formation... then destroy the Goliath-class unit by any means necessary and gather what data you can.
Understood.

Hey umm... What did that IFF code say? 12H? 12H... you’ve got some red on you...? Not sure what’s up with th—aww CHRIST!

AAAAAAHHH—*crackle*

All units, activate manual mode and rely on visuals to evade.
Already engaged. Free movement unlocked.
Origin point of long-range lasers confirmed.

Alright. We can move up and down now. I hope Drakengard 3 acclimated you to having characters named after numbers because this time around a decent chunk of the cast is a number and a LETTER. That’s the power of a bigger budget at work already. We are controlling unit 2B according to that IFF tag. It’s the identical black one there with the Manual: Move notification there.

So umm... 11B. I’m not sure if we’re at a higher rank having a lower number or if you’re at a higher rank with the larger number. Regardless. You might wanna consider abandoning your current cour—

Aaaaa—*crackle and disconnect*

Our Ho229 cancellers are ineffective.

Yeah... I dunno what any of that means. And I’m not expert on aerial combat of the future But maybe let’s try flying under the radar here? Sticking above cloud cover has resulted in the death of one-third of the squad on a mission that commenced a minute ago. That’s not going to reflect well on the performance review of the operation...

[Radio Ring] Requesting permission to engage.
Permission granted!

We now have the ability to fight back and actual enemies to engage. We’ve got infinite ammo with no cooldown here, so we’re free to just dump into the distance like any good shoot ‘em up.

Our enemies are initially those little flying saucers there. Spoilers: A couple thousand years after NIER ended, aliens invaded the planet! A pan-dimensional entity unleashing magic into a non-magical world and summoning a monster army, a disease that erodes people’s souls, and mankind being split into weird clone bodies and shadow creature souls wasn’t quite enough apocalypses for this planet...

The flying saucers all shoot out orbs vaguely in the direction of 2B and the other units. Orbs come in two colors, a pinkish purple which can be destroyed by any attack and a darker purple which is immune to all but the strongest offensive techniques. This is straight from the first game’s mechanics.

Unfortunately, our newfound bullet fire ability isn’t really helping against the one-shot laser plaguing our forward assault team’s advance...

7E down.

Boy that one didn’t even get a chance to scream before dying. By the way, turns out we can evade by tapping RT/R2/whatever insane button the terrible keyboard controls are assigned to. That might have been useful tutorial information earlier... Ya know, before 66% of the team died to a fixed point weapon firing in the distance.

Evasion will make 2B’s craft perform a barrel roll with incredibly generous i-frames and a speed boost if moving left or right. It’s a fairly key ability in this game.

So surely, now with our Evade ability this laser beam blast from the horizon ought to be no trouble at all. Let’s watch Captain 1D masterfully circumvent this next beam like a pro... Err... Captain, you’re just kind of hanging out in this very clear particle effect. You don’t need to wait to the last second for dramatic effe—

...Maybe playing on Hard was a mistake.

Apparently 2B is now the ranking officer on-site and is taking command. Usually, you don’t want to point out who the team leader is in the middle of an active combat zone. Especially when your side has been decimated. Almost literally. But what do I know? 2B is now team captain and her on-field promotion nets her a sick white paint job for her Ho229.

Becoming Captain unlocks the ability to perform Heavy Attacks. This causes 2B to straight up do a Star Fox-style barrel roll that deflects/neutralizes all projectiles hitting the barrier it forms.

As the name implies, it can also deal heavy damage at close range, one-shotting most enemies early on. It’s a risky maneuver. But one that can really pay-off if executed pr—

...Err.

Err... Well... Huh.

...Short game.

Video: Episode 1 Highlight Reel
(Whoops. This should work now!)

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Mar 30, 2017

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Ground floor, thank you so so much for LPing this. I wasn't sure if you would or not, and instead - my prayers are answered! :toot:

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Yes! I've been looking forward to this! I played this game to death when it launched in JP and still can't get enough of it. I love it to pieces.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

No! NO! I haven't finished Zelda yet! Can't...stop...reaching...for...wallet...

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I'm so glad that after all the bullshit games TDI had to endure to entertain us unruly cretins, he gets to play one of the best PS4 games out right now on the PC.

And yeah, no one saw this sequel coming, but drat did it make a loving entrance.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

This is a loving awesome game with one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
That was certainly an intro.

And you seem to have linked the video manager instead of your intended video at the end there.

But whatever, this poo poo is going to be good!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I still can't believe Yoko Taro's luck that a perfect storm of events happened and culminated in this masterpiece.

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Yessssss, ground floor for Automata. Should be fun times ahead.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Awesome. I am all over this. Thanks for coming back, TDI.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
This game is really loving good and I'm kind of sad that it came out at the same time as breath of the wild, which in my estimation might actually be the best game ever made.

Also, Id, I think your video link is broken. It's redirecting to https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?o=U which I think is because you're not linking directly to the video, but to something involving video editing (I don't make youtube videos, so I have no idea.) Might just be me, but I'm alerting you just in case.

Jen X fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Mar 30, 2017

dsagent
Mar 30, 2017
That awkward feeling when someone joins SA just to hang out in the thread.

I just love Nier so much, my life is sad I know!

CosmicEternity
Feb 23, 2016

Where there's a will, there's a high likelihood of failure.
I am so excited. This game is fantastic, you'll finally be able to fully enjoy LPing a Yoko Taro game.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Ground flooooooor~

Seems like Platinum still hasn't gotten Star Fox out of their system. Hmm...

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!
And so it begins.

This is still so surreal, that we live in a timeline where Yoko Taro has a product to his name that's not majorly busted in some aspect.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

:munch:

I welcome the newest chapter of Taro Yoko's Wild Ride.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
This game...

gently caress man this game is just some insanely good poo poo and I hope they let him keep going.

I do not have words to describe how happy I feel about this game.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
And so the Watchers laugh once more.

(Was really hoping you'd do this one.)

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

It begins! :getin:

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
Analysis: Maybe don't have a pint of Scotch before starting a LP thread.
(The end video should work now.)

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
This is seriously one of the best games ever made. It was simultaneously a joy to play, and painful in that Taro Yoko kind of way. The soundtrack is as good as the first game's, I feel. I could rave on and on, but I'll just say that I can't wait to see people's reactions.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I'm glad we're starting off with a happy ending!

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

"...And then there was Bitcoin."
Yay, I knew you couldn't stay away! No one has yet adequately explained to me how Yoko Taro keeps being allowed to make games, but I am sure glad he is. Having a team of people behind him who can actually produce a functioning game turned out pretty well too. We live in the best of all possible worlds!

As an aside, I started playing on Hard initially after thinking the demo was pretty easy on Normal, and well... I am very familiar with that particular bad end there.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

MrAptronym posted:

As an aside, I started playing on Hard initially after thinking the demo was pretty easy on Normal, and well... I am very familiar with that particular bad end there.

That is the one thing I did not like about the game. Hard mode feels like too much of a slog in general, but it is absolutely punishing here in the tutorial. The worst thing is getting near the end of that 30-40 minutes Id mentioned, and choking.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Thank you for Playing..

Oh wait the game isn't actually over yet. Glad to see the LP start up. I bought it on Steam and loved it so far, but had to put it on hiatus while I worked on finishing Breath of the Wild. And now that game is done, I can resume this again.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

When you ride the tiger, you don't get off, you don't stop. No one stops. Even if you think the tiger's been dead for a year or two.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This game is loving fantastic and I'm real excited for this LP.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

MrAptronym posted:

No one has yet adequately explained to me how Yoko Taro keeps being allowed to make games, but I am sure glad he is.

The president of Square Enix is a real big fan of Taro, and Platinum games got to choose which IP they get to work on when they were hired for Next Square Enix game.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
The original LP is a large part of the reason I picked this one up Day 1. Thanks for that, and looking forward to this.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Oh my am I psyched for this. :allears: I still have yet to read the entirety of the Nier LP but between various references in the Drakengard LPs and JordanKai's abortive VLP of it, I believe I've got a feel for what happened there. And in addition I've seen some stream footage from Genocyber, so what I've seen of the game thus far looks pretty cool.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Holy crap, the best LPer LPs the best game.

Analysis: the music in this game is loving fantastic, I literally can't think of a game with a better soundtrack. Proposal: click the links quickly.

E: sadly some of the effect is lost, since part of what makes it so great is how it changes based on the situation.

megane fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Mar 30, 2017

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
YESSSSSSSS!!!

I'm glad I get to be on the ground floor for this thread and playing along with it. Loved your other LPs, thanks for all the entertainment over the years! :D

Edit: Yoko Taro's a wonderful crazy bastard, here is the promotional video he shot for the Nier:Automata T-shirt bundle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhDL3Q86ofY

This is a video of him "helping" to plug a game for Atlas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LT62mVaIpA

Never change ya crazy bastard.

Thisuck fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Mar 30, 2017

Lord Licorice
Dec 18, 2013

drr drr drr...

sniper4625 posted:

The original LP is a large part of the reason I picked this one up Day 1. Thanks for that, and looking forward to this.

Same. The Drakengard and NieR LPs made me fall in love with moon-masked madman Taro's complex, bittersweet universe, connecting in a way I'd never have through straight video LPs or simple summaries.

I am incredibly pumped to read this LP, and super, super glad to be here for its beginning.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Well, would you look at that! Guess you had one last wild ride left in you. I have a good feeling about what Yoko Taro has in store for you, and what you have in store for us.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
To be fair this is much better suited to be your last LP than loving Susana or whatever.

If you go that route.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
It's a miracle! :woop: Really excited this is happening since I won't have the cash to buy another video game for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Good, good.

I will not follow this LP yet, tho, still need to finish the game by myself.

• Locked thread