Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
They should cast Amy Adams as Bill's wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I'm certain that Muschetti got attached to the project to begin with to work with J. Chastain again but seriously Amy Adams is much better casting.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Honestly the decision to tell the children and adult stories as separate chapters makes the adult chapter superfluous. It only works if the flasback structure is there, but since we've already seen the children's stories, there is nothing interesting to the adult's version. The TV mini-series had the same problem.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I’d be fine if they only made the kids movie

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

SimonCat posted:

Honestly the decision to tell the children and adult stories as separate chapters makes the adult chapter superfluous. It only works if the flasback structure is there, but since we've already seen the children's stories, there is nothing interesting to the adult's version. The TV mini-series had the same problem.

The kids' stories in the movie was way different than the book, so there's no reason the same can't happen for the adults.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

This time it'll be the adults who have the sewer orgy and watch the bullies jerk each other off

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

SimonCat posted:

All the kids are coming back for new scenes in this, per the director, so we'll be seeing more of them, and it will make this adaptation a bit different from the miniseries.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

All the kids are coming back for new scenes in this, per the director, so we'll be seeing more of them, and it will make this adaptation a bit different from the miniseries.

Yeah, that too, it's hinted that it will flashback to the more mystical stuff like Chud/Turtle/etc. to tie into the final showdown.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Depending on how part 2 goes, I would love to see a fan edit where the 2 parts are stapled together more like the book.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
The book really needs an 18 rated miniseries of 10 episodes.

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Apr 13, 2018

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I'm certain that Muschetti got attached to the project to begin with to work with J. Chastain again but seriously Amy Adams is much better casting.

Also I bet instead of bondage dungeons and plastic covered sofas, Amy Adams' house has, like, cat clocks and framed serenity prayers in the bathroom.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

What I meant was that Bill ends up marrying a woman who looks a lot like Bev. So they should just cast Amy Adams as Chastain's doppelganger since both actresses look quite a bit alike.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

banned from Starbucks posted:

This time it'll be the adults who have the sewer orgy and watch the bullies jerk each other off

Not IT! An XXX Parody

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Timeless Appeal posted:

What I meant was that Bill ends up marrying a woman who looks a lot like Bev. So they should just cast Amy Adams as Chastain's doppelganger since both actresses look quite a bit alike.

Yeah, I know but it keeps haunting me. Amy far more resembles the actress that plays Young Bev.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I just read on the AV Club the creepy-rear end soundtrack from the miniseries is getting released on vinyl.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Darko posted:

Yeah, that too, it's hinted that it will flashback to the more mystical stuff like Chud/Turtle/etc. to tie into the final showdown.

I’d love this, but only if Idris Elba voices The Turtle.

And the post-credits scene has The Turtle dismissing the Dark Tower film as some nonevent happening on some random world, while the adventures of Key World Idris and his ka-tet are kept far from the prying eyes of the Sony... I mean, Sombra corporation.

Just kidding, there’s no way to fix the Dark Tower film, just ignore King’s universe and focus on a tight sequel.

Edit: I don’t mean I wouldn’t love for the sequel to introduce the mind-bending, eldritch horror of the novel’s finale. Frankly, I don’t know where else to escalate it to after the first film. I just hope they keep whatever cosmic themes they introduce tied closely to the first film.

Wild T fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Apr 20, 2018

Eshettar
May 9, 2013

*whispers*

yospos, bithc
So I was on Youtube, hunting for a creepy old cartoon that It reminded me of. It (which is to say the cartoon) was nowhere to be found but this was...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2QzJ7owriU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Hard to verify because his account is locked, but a bunch of news sites have been running it as confirmed.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
He just needs to reprise his character from Generation Kill and it'll be perfect

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Hell yeah. Love when Ziggy pops up in horror movies

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

GonSmithe posted:

Hard to verify because his account is locked, but a bunch of news sites have been running it as confirmed.

YES

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
That is absolutely perfect casting.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

What's he being cast as/in?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

WattsvilleBlues posted:

What's he being cast as?

Probably the one character in the image he posted in the tweet?

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

WattsvilleBlues posted:

What's he being cast as/in?

As Batman in Justice League II: This Time!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I had to google the guy, but interesting change if Eddie grows up to be a beefcake (resemblance is uncanny, though)

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I hope pennywise calls him malaka a lot.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Dienes posted:

Probably the one character in the image he posted in the tweet?

Jesus, I thought that was the name of the kid actor there :doh:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Yeah he looks so much like Young Eddie but Beefcake Eddie seems off to me

If Eddie is that hot what the gently caress will Ben look like?

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 22:59 on May 16, 2018

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Ben will be a constantly shirtless and oiled up Chris Evans.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

davidspackage posted:

I had to google the guy, but interesting change if Eddie grows up to be a beefcake (resemblance is uncanny, though)

I know he's good looking irl, but Ransone can play this character perfectly. There is zero question about that, he's already done it multiple times.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Its not like it's hard to costume the guy in such a way that he looks appropriately nerdish.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

With that casting there's a very high chance Eddie is going to get his dick out.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Ransone is such a good pick for an adult Eddie I'm surprised he never came up before. What a great cast this is shaping up to be.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/996887639323066369?s=19

I've never seen this guy in anything.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I mean it's not like he's going to have much of a role.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I'm excited to see how well he works with Chastain and Hader.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You won't really see him in here either.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I’m speaking as a gay dude here, you can dress that man like a nerd but uuuuughhhggghhh

A modern reinterpretation where Eddie is buff because of reading reddit though, could see it. It’s happened on SA

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Ransone is very good at hyperactive neurotic twitchiness so I think it's great casting.

• Locked thread