Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Personally, the sex scene is my favorite part of the book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

What do you mean? I saw plenty of clowns as a kid, at the circus and various fairs, and I was born in the 90s.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Hoo boy

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Naw, I agree. The Shining is a much better film than a book. Even as a big King fan I can admit that much, especially since I didn't find the book very scary while the movie has one of the most unnerving atmospheres I've seen in a horror movie. King's just mad because Jack Torrance is based off of himself and Kubrick didn't give him an unearned redemption arc like in the book.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Not the adult parts.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The blowjob furry from The Shining.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Hodgepodge posted:

The kids are right about the age to be able to percieve It as Lavos during the final showdown as adults...

:getin:

Adults aren't afraid of Lavos lmao

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Just call it IT (2019) and say repeatedly that its both a sequel and a reimagining.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

Do your balloon thing at the theater and put fake blood in them.

Blood balloons, sadly, do not actually float in real life if you are not a supernatural clownmen. They're actually just heavy, squishy things that most likely will pop in your arms.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Croisquessein posted:

I kinda wish I was IT. I mean, I wouldn't want to be pure evil, but it sounds like a pretty sweet life. Wouldn't mind sleeping for 27 years, waking up to have a bite, then sleeping for 27 more years, that's all I'm saying.

We need more positive portrayals of NEETdom in the media.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

SMG I have bad news, Pennywise the Dancing Clown is real and so I'm afraid your analysis is critically flawed.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

You defeat the Babadook by putting him in the closet.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

You defeat the Babadook by letting him come out of the closet.

I'm not surprised if I got it wrong since its been so long, but weren't they keeping him in a room at the end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Another one of IT's species shows up in the Dark Tower books and it feeds off of forcing people to laugh. Clearly they're natural born entertainers and human beings can't take a joke.

• Locked thread