Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Apparently people on Twitter are starting to twig on to the fact that this version of IT is coming out 27 years after the mini-series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

The Berzerker posted:

Things I did not like:

- All of the bullies were wasted opportunities. They crammed in a lot of stuff without earning it. Why is Henry Bowers trying to carve his name into Ben when it has been established that Ben is the new kid at school? We don't even see them interact once before that.

He's not really a new kid, he'd been around for at least a chunk of the school year. It's just that no one bothered to learn his name because he was a dorky fat kid. I'm his first scene Bev mentions that the entire school knows Henry has been hunting for him and that Ben should take off while Henry is occupied on the other side of the achool.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Disgusting Coward posted:

Although I was beyond done with LOUDMUSICLOUDMUSIC scarymonster BLARGHLEELEAHAHAHAHCLOWNRUN by the end, I agree that Pennywise's physicality and movement were really well done. I especially liked how it always left the scene by kinda...retracting. Like, eyes blanked, body inert, sliding away backwards. Put me in mind of a fisherman's lure being reeled in.

Yeah, I know it tends to get overused in horror films lately, but the tracking on his face while Pennywise dances for Bev is great. Just the way his head stays perfectly still while everything else in the frame descends into inarticulate madness.

• Locked thread