Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eshettar
May 9, 2013

*whispers*

yospos, bithc

quote:

"Bev gets kidnapped to motivate the boys" is the stupidest loving change ever, holy poo poo.

I know, right? Many fans of the book took exception to those draft scripts which were leaked online but at least the guy who wrote them understood just how important it was for Bev to be with the boys when they finally take the battle to Pennywise! She was part of the tiny group that overcame their fear to go and slay the monster in its lair, not a damsel in distress!

Eshettar fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Sep 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eshettar
May 9, 2013

*whispers*

yospos, bithc
Been there, see it, bought the t-shirt. Well...not so much that last part but if they were selling shirts, I definitely would have picked one up. Despite my reservations upon hearing that Beverly gets kidnapped and used as bait for the other Losers, I am soooo ready for Chapter Two to come out! Ohhhh yeeeeah, this rocked!

Quick question: did Pennywise's larder consist of levitating corpses in the book? Admittedly, it's been a while since I read the book but I could have sworn that the whole "They all float down here!" line which keeps popping up is a reference to how the left-over remains of his victims are left floating in the abandoned sewer tunnels.

Eshettar fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Sep 9, 2017

Eshettar
May 9, 2013

*whispers*

yospos, bithc

Jerusalem posted:

That latter moment was so great, I loved that Pennywise was trying to frighten each one individually with their greatest fears, only to be attacked by the others . IT is a predator but also a bully, and the power of their group standing together against it rendering it's tricks ineffective was really great.

I loved that moment when he tried to scare Beverly by turning into her father and she responded with a look brimming with hate as she rammed a metal bar into IT's mouth!

Eshettar fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Sep 10, 2017

Eshettar
May 9, 2013

*whispers*

yospos, bithc
I rewatched the mini-series and noticed something pretty neat. When the group goes to track down IT in the sewers, it tries to destroy their minds by showing them the Deadlights which appear above them. When we reach the end of Part Two, IT transforms into a giant spider which has the Deadlights housed in its stomach. So did IT briefly become the spider and stand above the kids when it was dealing with them in Part One and we just didn't get to see it because of the blinding light? If so, that was some cool foreshadowing! What a shame the spider itself looked so wonky...

Eshettar
May 9, 2013

*whispers*

yospos, bithc
I'm dying to know how the final battle will be handled in Chapter Two. Since the turtle was left out of Chapter One, will all the cosmic stuff be omitted completely in favor of sticking with the physical confrontation with the spider like the mini-series did?

Eshettar
May 9, 2013

*whispers*

yospos, bithc
So I was on Youtube, hunting for a creepy old cartoon that It reminded me of. It (which is to say the cartoon) was nowhere to be found but this was...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2QzJ7owriU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eshettar
May 9, 2013

*whispers*

yospos, bithc
From what I hear, Jessica Chastain has been cast as the adult Beverly. There IS a photo but I'm incompetent and cannot figure out how to imbed an Instagram page into my post. While I hang my head in shame, here's a link to make up for it.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/stephen-kings-it-chapter-2-starts-shooting-first-i/1100-6460080/

Eshettar fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jul 1, 2018

• Locked thread