Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Is there a law about reinventing a character or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Victor Salva's IT

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

FreudianSlippers posted:

I'm listening to the audiobook of this and poo poo man. Ritchie just did one of his racist audio-blackface voices in 1985, right in front of Mike no less, and no one went "Woah! What the gently caress Ritchie?!?". I mean it was 1985 but surely someone would've said something.

It's set in the 50's.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Oh okay. I haven't gotten to that part yet. I'm still in the middle of the 50's and I passed Richie's racist black voice.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lmao I just opened it up again and sure enough, he did the voice.

Amazing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's a good touch. I had to see how Mike from Stranger Things could pull them off because all I can picture is him being worried and in love.

But from the clip in the Sewers he does it well. Bad impressions with a lot of confidence.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The kids cast themselves already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc5_ZkReJmE&t=288s

quote:

Bill Hader, Jessica Chastain, Chadwick Boseman, Jake Gyllenhaal, Joseph Gordon Levitt and Chris Pratt

Hader and Pratt are on point i think.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

A clown Xeno would hype me up more than anything in any movie ever made tbh

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Phylodox posted:

Pretty sure they even mention the xenomorph in the book It, don't they?

The childhood portion of the movie takes place in 89 (?)

The book takes place in the mid 50's. The nightmares they see are based off the monsters of that time.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I'll do the fingering. Honk honk.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

My favorite part about reading a book is casting characters for my mind's eye. Since the new movie already got half, imma try and throw down my new list while I'm reading now.

Bill- Bill Hader
Richie- Seth Green with black hair(I like the idea of it and I can kind of see it.)
Mike - Jason Mitchell
Bev - Lizzie Caplan
Ben - Chris Pratt

Here's my crazy pick

Eddie - Fred Savage

Kid looks just like Fred Savage.

I don't really care about Stan since uh... you know.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I've had dreams about that loving clown since I started the book. Like legit nonstop.

Thankfully Pennywise and clowns aren't creepy to me in the slightest. It's just weird that fucker is inside my head almost every night.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Pennywise is a bitch. I'll bop him on his nose if that my tried to float me.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

There's a lot of odd moments where characters would have quick sexual inner thoughts, even towards children. Like Adult Ben making note of the 17 year old not wearing a bra, and seeing her nipples. Or the kids thinking about Bev naked. I get it, it's a very human thought process. But it feels odd sometimes.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

ITS

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I want to release a bunch of balloons in a crowded theater. Slow at first. One or two maybe every 30 minutes. and then just have an explosion of Balloons.

Everyone will be attacked by balloons!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I wanna do that.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I'm not gonna do it. I'll be in Vegas when it comes out.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

BiggerBoat posted:

Yeah, don't do anything untoward or strange in VEGAS.

*SIGH*

Fine. I'll do IT.

You big wuss.

Ill be too drunk and rowdy to go see a movie.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Phylodox posted:

I read somewhere (possibly here, possibly somewhere linked from here) that It is so weirdly sexual because it largely concerns a group who are on the cusp of puberty, and so, while they're still very much children, the spectre of sex looms large in their lives, an ominous yet omnipresent force not unlike It.

Or maybe King was just feelin' pervy.

Fair but then adult ben starts thinking about the 17 year old child's nipples.

And also why do we have to know about Richie's sweaty balls?

Good book but weird.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Just finished the rock fight part. Goddamn that was intense.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

All I ask for a Horror movie to be is to be entertaining. If you're expecting to be scared past the age of 12 then I don't know what's up with you.
That being said, some creepy poo poo in this movie. The slideshow scene was amazing. That was real insane to see.

Also I just got to my hotel and the original IT started a bit ago so, gonna watch that I guess.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Oh my god this is like something I'd watch in High School on a day when the teacher didn't want to do poo poo.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I love how this scene was a homage to the Origins of IT

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Horror movies unlike comedies, can be so much more than their genre name.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I really haven't been scared of a film since I was 11, when I saw Signs.

Greys creep me out. It's a shame there hasn't been a good UFO Alien film in a long time. I keep hoping but that poo poo never delivers.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

My favorite moment from Skarsgard performance was when he has Bev and she proclaims "I'm not afraid of you!" And he loving sniffs her, realizing she isn't and pouts like a spoiled child

Dude killed it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Turtle Lego too

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That was totally Skarsgard as the random clown when Richie said he's afraid of clowns, right?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://gifsound.com/?gif=i.imgur.com/DiKzAx2.gif&v=eu2OYcgr4rM

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Pennywise had to actually grab her to get her. There was no way he was ever going to lure or trick her.

I thought it worked.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Ben is getting Mike's role in the next movie, right?

You could give it back to Mike honestly. Since he's the only one who (could) stay behind. He takes over the mantle. And we could go into his past with his father and The Black Spot and possibly more Bowers stuff. Make the film mostly about him. Have him be the heart of the film.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That'd be dope as hell

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That's kind of what I thought they'd do with Mike. Minus the drug thing. Which I can see how it could be a turn off to some, I kinda like mind altering drugs to substitute for the smoke house, which was my favorite scene in the book.

One they hinted at with the Pennywise dance scene.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I think what they were saying is he becomes a junkie for knowledge, but also takes a ton of mind altering drugs to look inward into Pennywise's past and how to defeat him.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The whole end is Pennywise throwing every it has at the Losers in a desperate attempt to freak them out.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's okay to damsel it up sometimes.

I think every loser got saved once by each other at least once. So it's not like the baton wasn't passed around.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Sep 12, 2017

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Bill's the only one who kind of has a really personal stake in this.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The score to this film is pretty great. As much as I love 80's synthy tunes, I was glad It stayed away from that and stuck to something more modern. I love the random electronic sounds piercing through the film.

But my favorite two tracks have to be "Paper Boat" and "Georgie, Meet Pennywise" simply for the amazing tone change they represent.

The uplifting, adventurous music, as the boat moves down the water...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPNFCDTVoPc&t=56s

which slowly becomes this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuCPaRbEuv8&t=159s

I remember listening to this at 4 in the morning, and it was a bit unnerving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Croisquessein posted:

It should just smoke weed, that makes food taste better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRo3TmM4Ljw

• Locked thread