Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Timeless Appeal posted:

One of the cool things mentioned in the book repeatedly is that It never looks like the movie monsters exactly. It looks like the more vivid and realistic version of the monster created in the child's imagination.

IT appears as a video game creepypasta with hyper-realistic Sonic blood.

Also there's been on set pictures of the giant lumberjack statue so I imagine that's going to come alive at some point as well.

I get what people are saying about Pennywise looking too much like a creepy clown, but I'm sure most of the times in the book IT looked off or horrific in some weird ways. Like in the Library he just has bloody pits for eyes. Or maybe that's just when the characters are adults? I can't remember that well, ironically enough.

Trailer was cut like a standard horror fare with jump cuts and scares, but it still looks pretty great. Looking forward to it.(IT)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I really want to re-watch the old TV film, but I get the feeling like maybe it wont hold up at all. I can only remember a few scant scenes like Belch(?) being pulled through a drain bent in half and that really freaked me out when i saw it.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I'll lash it on tonight. How could I ever say no to Tim Curry.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Rewatched the 90s version and thought it was adorable in that "Doing the best with what we've got" kind of way.

Though I remembered more clearly than I thought I would; the bit with Ben and Bev, her confessing her love and it turning out to be Pennywise. That hit me real hard when i watched it as a young, fat kid with an unrequited crush. Then the next scene is her actually confessing her love anyway. Hahaha. Kinda softens the impact a bit, though, "KISS ME, FAT BOY!" Was still the best part of the film.

And adult Richie sounds like Norm MacDonald, so i couldn't get that out of my head either.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

plz dont pull out posted:

Yeah I'm curious about this too.

Same. As much as I love reading I've been trying to get into audiobooks as well for when I'm doing housework and the likes.

Speaking of relations to Pennywise, there's also the shapeshifting leech-lady in Library Poilce who feeds on children's fear. She might just be a distant cousin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I'd go so far as to say that "On Writing" is my favourite King book.

• Locked thread