Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Okay. Give me an example of a multi-season Stephen King television show that worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Davros1 posted:

I kinda wish King would publish a "History" book of Derry, maybe attributed to the work of Mike Hanlon.

That would be pretty rad. I’m a big fan of his short stories, so having an anthology-style book about Derry’s history would be right up my alley. The chapter in It that covers the axe murder and gang massacre is one of the best in the entire book, so the proof of concept is already there in the primary text.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

The basic synopsis I read somewhere is that André Holland comes back to Castle Rock after a long absence to help Bill Skarsgård, who is in Shawshank on a murder rap he claims to be innocent of. And then, presumably, ~Spooky Steve King Shenanigans~ ensue. But obviously take that with a grain of salt, because I don’t think anything super concrete has been released yet.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

I’d really love to see a new King anthology show, drawing from all of his short story collections. I’d be completely fine with them redoing stories that had been filmed before if they had a singular steward behind the production. I’d love to see decently-budgeted adaptions of The Road Virus Heads North or N.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

And that was back when we were still on the barter system. A half pound of bologna could take the whole family to the movies.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

I’d argue the kids were like, one of the paramount reasons the movie worked at all. The sequel has a rare risk in Hollywood at hand where the adults could end up being the weakest part of the movie, especially if any of them are poorly cast.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

How dare you besmirch Harry Anderson’s mustache like that.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Curry’s version felt like an authoritative, abusive adult. Skarsgaard’s version felt like an alien entity’s estimation of what a clown should act like. Both were technically true to the source material, and creepy for different-but-equal reasons.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

This is 100% what the teaser poster is going to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

JonathonSpectre posted:

Wait what. I guess they're going to retcon that he's from loving Krypton or something, a Stretch Armstrong doll would have been killed by that.

As someone who grew up in the midwest during the 80's, never underestimate the resiliency of a white trash power mullet.

• Locked thread