Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I kinda want to get clowned up and hang out in the theater parking ramp on opening night...

but then again, I'd just be begging for this poo poo...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hYDYrdiYX8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I think King said the clown element came from John Wayne Gacy.

Also there was a gay-bashing murder contributed to the opening too.

Edit: ^^^ Yep, that one.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av0FGjXSOr4

Not much we didn't see in the first one. The dynamic among the kids ]seems good though. Also the echoing laugh in the tunnels is creepy.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Maybe somebody pointed this out already, but the theater in Derry has Batman on the marquee. Not only does it have another killer clown, but it came out on June 23, 1989.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Democratic Pirate posted:

My favorite part of the movie was Pennywise using a severed arm to wave at Mike with a big rear end grin on his face. The lady next to me was not amused when I laughed at the shot..

Mine too. I was the only one in the theater laughing. Somebody in front of me turned around to give me the stink eye. It's so loving over the top macabre I couldn't handle it.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Just realized something...

When Georgie goes down to the basement to get the wax he's scared of something he sees on the shelf, but it turns out to just be 3 light bulbs.

The whole movie is kids being scared of something that is really just 3 'dead lights.'

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

banned from Starbucks posted:

IT is just the flamboyant cousin of Jeepers Creepers

FWIW, you're on to something...

The guy who wrote and directed Jeepers Creepers was convicted of sexually abusing a child actor from his earlier slasher film Clownhouse.

Enticement, predation, clowns, murder, human monsters, child victims... There's some uncomfortable overlap there.

Victor Salva is the creep's name, btw.

deoju fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Sep 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I just read on the AV Club the creepy-rear end soundtrack from the miniseries is getting released on vinyl.

• Locked thread