Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Iron Crowned posted:

Isn't it about time for a big screen adaptation of this yet? Or maybe a Netflix original series

Nope!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I love that two of It's incarnations were on MST3k.

He also turns into a VHS copy of Manos: Hands of Fate.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Peenywise you can do stupid things!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

LadyPictureShow posted:

The trailer also has a quick shot of what looks like blood spewing out of Bev's sink.

Got around to giving IT a re-watch, and I feel like what I watched was edited way down. Scenes like IT digging the graves, Bill seeing Stan's head in the fridge, Richie's vision of IT in the library were all gone. Anybody know what's up with that? Did they make an edited version to fit the runtime of a regular movie or something for re-airing it?

I've never seen the part with It digging the graves, but o do vaguely remember Stan's head (talking?) I think there are edited versions.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

LadyPictureShow posted:

Well, that's weird that there seems to be more than one edit. Maybe digging graves and a talking head hallucination for a ten pm airing on TBS, but not the noon on a Sunday slot.

At least they didn't cut the most pivotal scene of Bill and Mike dicking around on a playground after fixing the old bike.

Maybe I saw an edited version 100% then caught bits of another one later in life, or something.

I've seen so many movies on TV with scenes cut out for timing, nothing like that surprises me. TBS is really bad where they'll fast forward small parts of crummy sitcom tv episodes they don't think you'll notice.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Len posted:

I haven't read it but I am working through the audiobook and at almost 11 hours in the adults still haven't made it back to Derry in the and kids haven't even all gotten together as a group yet. It's definitely a slow burn

It's a big drat book.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

SimonCat posted:

Roger Ebert talks about clowns:

Yes. Exactly.

The worst was giant full costumed adults where you can't even see their faces. Chuck E Cheese was an absolute nightmare for me. It's a fun place for kids to play games, but don't let your mind wander off the monster lurking around any corner, looking for you. Only you.

Yeesh.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Davros1 posted:

For me, the most amazing thing about Tim Curry's performance, is I don't see Tim Curry. We've all seen performances of actors in make-up/prosthetics, and you can easily recognize the actor beneath it, whether is physical or vocally, but I can't see Curry.

Same, and it's why I liked Heath Ledger's joker so much. I would have never ever guessed the actor behind he character. I guess that makes them good actors.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Lordshmee posted:

The Library Policeman was the most traumatizing thing I have EVER read. Four Past Midnight is probably the best collection of short stories King has ever written. I know this is CD, but if you haven't read this collection and you like King at all go get it.

I was working at an airport when I was younger. I became familiar with The Langoliers about a week before a freak every-ten-years statewide cicada orgy. Millions of cicadas within earshot at a time. It sounded exactly like the langoliers and was creepy as poo poo.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Nroo posted:

Would you mind selling me on it? I've been only getting mixed reactions otherwise.

More than anything, the monster is my favorite of anything horror made in the last 10 years. It is incredibly unsettling and the noise it makes gives me nightmares more than anything I've ever heard. Watch it with the sound up and the lights down and it will be a fun movie.

Here's a cool non-spoiler of them testing the puppet ultimately used for Mama:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ins7QwvAp28

When I personally grade horror movies, I consider the monster and the atmosphere before the dialogue and the story, so this movie is one of my favorites of the genre.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
That's actually really funny.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Yeah MaMa really is a good movie by horror standards, a genre that is really hard to succeed in IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

RangerScum posted:

I watched "mama" because of this thread and it really sucked, so thanks for nothing.

Granted it's no Friday the 13th: Jason Takes Manhattan, I liked it!

• Locked thread