Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
servo106
Apr 26, 2006

Matt Zerella posted:

I'm 20% through the book for the first time in 10 years and the part where Hamlin is doing reade arch on the history of Derry is excellent and I hope they get that into the movies somehow. Even if it's a short scene.

Something I just noticed on my reread was that Halloran's Shine basically saved Mike's dad and a lot of other's lives at the Black Spot. I thought that was a great addition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

servo106
Apr 26, 2006

FreudianSlippers posted:

In the introduction to Salem's Lot he talks about how his mom thought a lot of what he read as a kid, Dracula, E.C. horror comics, and stuff along those lines, was trash but she didn't mind him reading it as long as it wasn't "bad trash". He then goes on to say that if his mother had lived to read the book she would've considered it trash but not bad trash.

I think he is fully aware that he is basically the king of the pulp writers.

The man wrote and directed Maximum Overdrive perhaps the schlockiest movies ever. You bet he's aware of it.

• Locked thread