Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Casual Yogurt posted:

Always, always, always check your passports and visas to make sure they put the correct info on there. I've seen the stupidest poo poo at consulates.

This!

I spent a few days over 2 months in Belize, which you're required to visit an immigration office to renew your visa every 30 days. So I had to do it twice. I went to the same office and had the same clerk help me both times. My first renewal had March 2 as the expiry date. So I went in on March 2 to renew for another 30 days, and he wrote March 3 as the expiry. When I went to leave the country on March 9, I was told I had overstayed my visa, but they saw I had two separate extension stickers in there with one day difference. They called the clerk in the immigration office and asked what was going on, and fortunately everything was okay and they let me leave without charging me a penalty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Saladman posted:

Ugh, and countries with f'ing airport exit taxes. Just include it in your airport fees, you bastards. At least Costa Rica finally did that.

When I traveled from Belize to Mexico, I went by boat. So not only did I have to pay an exit fee, I also had a 500 peso entry fee that I never really realized was a thing because it's always included with airport fees when flying. Thank goodness I had a bunch of pesos with me already!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

And I know this is common sense, but don't forget to sign your passport!

I did a school trip to the United States. We drove across the border no problem, but when we tried to get back into Canada it turned out two of the students hadn't signed their passports and instead of driving through we all had to go inside and get processed in there.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

When I booked my one-way flight to Belize, the majority of sites I read said I needed paper proof of leaving the country within 30 days, or I would have to physically leave then come back, otherwise I would be refused entry into the country. There were also a few that said I just had to be honest about my reasons for being there and there were a lot of snowbirds and extended vacationers that never had a problem. Since I was planning on leaving the country by boat with no cash, and it was a very common thing to do, I took my chances and had no proof of departure upon entry. No one even asked about my intentions until I extended my visa the first time at the immigration office after being there for 30 days.

• Locked thread