Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

quote:

If you Passport expires in 6 months or less it is basically useless for air travel and should be renewed ASAP.

Thanks for including this. I'm planning a trip to Italy this summer and unfortunately my passport's 6 month expiration date is within days of our planned departure. Looks like I'm renewing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Its Miller Time posted:

Anyone have experience with Russian tourist visas? This will be my first time applying for a visa. We're unclear on how to satisfy the "invitation from Russia" requirement. We're visiting my fiancee's family.

Also, I had a question I posted in my Russia thread:

Thought of 1 more question - my fiancee says when she travels to Russia she uses her Russian passport for entry and exit into the country, and then when she comes back to the US she uses her American passport. Couldn't that create an issue when she gets back to the US?

This got me once while I was going in to/out of Germany. I had both an EU/US passport and didn't feel like waiting in line to get a stamp in my US passport so I just walked through the EU citizen line when going in to Germany. When I was flying out they checked my US Passport for an entry stamp and couldn't find it. They asked me about it and didn't care, but warned me not to do it again. I'm sure they could have made a bigger deal of it.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

HookShot posted:

Why didn't you just hand them your EU passport when you were going out? I always play matchies with my EU/Canadian passports.

Wouldn't I have to show them a valid way of getting in to the US before I could get on the plane, such as a Visa or Green Card?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

HookShot posted:

The exit customs people don't give a poo poo if you're allowed into your destination, especially if you hand them an EU passport (which means even if the USA denies you you just get sent back to the EU where you're a citizen). The only people who might care are the airline, some of them will check to make sure you can get into your destination country, but they have nothing to do with exit customs, just show them your US passport and you're fine.

Huh, didn't know that, thanks. While we're on the topic, is there any reason for me to keep my EU passport active if I have no real plans on ever going back? I moved when I was 1 so I think the chances are slim.

• Locked thread