Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
photomikey
Dec 30, 2012

literally this big posted:

The worst part of it is that the 'advice' you just gave the OP is complete bunk (not to mention unrelated to the topic at hand, and with a personal insult thrown in to boot).
I dunno, I thought it was both funny and accurate.

literally this big posted:

As to the OP, I'd recommend checking out Kickstarter. Developing and selling an idea that you're working on / passionate about is a far better idea than trying to make it big on a "recent fad" or anything like that.
Kickstarter is a recent fad. In fact, it's not even a recent fad, it's a played out get-rich-quick fad like those the OP is using as an example. Now that it's past its prime, you have to be an 80s TV star to get funded on Kickstarter.

Lots of solid examples on how to make money over the internet both in this thread and in the thread linked in one of the first posts. If you are looking for a George Jetson button-pushing gig, we're not there yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread