Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
I've seen people making actually surprisingly large amounts of money - way more than possible via working at even some decent jobs... potential for more than six figures - in strange ways online. Online poker, micro-niche, Google-exploiting spam sites, drop shipping, self-publishing romance novels, affiliate marketing. And for all of these ways, people swamped to them, and now they're only going to make you life-changing money and give you a chance at being a millionaire if you were there from the start - if they still can at all.

What else is there? I get the impression that every few years, something profitable comes up that seems surprising but actually has potential. I haven't heard of anything new within the past couple of years, though. Am I out of touch or has there really been nothing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
I saw that, but those people are talking about exchanging their time repeatedly for small amounts of money. They will never make tons of money writing for twxtbroker. Even the best one night only make the equivalent of a middle class job.

Contrast to online poker- when times were good for that, a top player could make thousands of dollars in a week with less than full time play. Or be an amateur writer making six figures, while nowadays you have to be a pro level writer with top notch covers and competent marketing make like $2-3k/mo.

I guess more what I'm looking for, is not what are some standard ways to make money, but what are the recent fads that are actually have high potential?

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016

RCarr posted:

Honestly, even if it did exist, do you think whoever knew about it would go telling random strangers on the internet?

Well how do you think I found out about the things I mentioned?

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
Eh. I heard about it when it was going downhill but still had opportunities for the most clever and hardest-working New comers. Sure, they weren't early days, and some of them I did only hear about when they were dead and fine even for the smartest newcomers, but some of those stones did have some blood left to squeeze out if you were smart.

• Locked thread