Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Well.. people are generally lazy and stupid. So the more mainstream tracks like 'get a degree in something useful and then do it' are actually less populated than 'become a youtube star'.

So anything you can set up and do, from scratch, within 3 months is superficial bullshit and you'll have a harder life pursuing that crap than just staying in school like everyone tells you.

But as you're making this thread, you'd be too stupid to comprehend this.

Tony Montana fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Apr 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
You think that I'm always this way because you read poo poo threads. I'm this way when OPs are stupid fucks asking dumb questions.

If you advice is 'check out Kickstarter' as a way of making money online, then you are very much part of the problem.

This thread is 'I am a lazy gently caress that wants to make easy money online but all those people that came before played out a lot of that poo poo so what is the next big thing so I don't have to work?'

The answer is - nothing. If you want to subscribers on YouTube then you better be getting out your tits and if you don't have tits then you're already behind the 8 ball.

The armies of fit young idiots with nothing better to do than post constantly to their 'followers' has reached such a level of adoption that unless you're already balls deep you've missed the boat.

If you're going to do real work like editing copy or something like that why don't you just get a real job and then your mother won't think you're a loser (because you are)

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
he talks about poker, yeah sure. If you're good enough at poker to win tournaments then why would you be asking this? Online or not, there are plenty of places to play poker for money.

But that's 'magical' thinking, just like 'I'm going to write an app that a million people will buy' isn't really based on anything you can put your finger on now. If it was, you'd be doing it.

So if you're actually going to just have to do it the slow boring old way (the only actual way) then I wouldn't just limit yourself to the Internet. The Internet is mostly poo poo, after all.

edit: 'recent fads that have potential', um, engineering? medicine is going pretty loving strong. law apparently sucks a lot of balls in the states so maybe don't do that. if you're computery then learn to code through one of the million free online ways..

Tony Montana fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Apr 5, 2017

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
This is the poo poo that lost you the election.

Nobody actually gives a poo poo about your little society of outrage.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
They really don't; it's just a perception perpetrated by certain individuals and groups.

You just call them out on it directly.

Like this, hey Scudworth. I don't think I've ever read a word of yours that wasn't mindless groupthink bullshit. What are your opinions and insight into the OPs question?

This should be good.

• Locked thread