Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

BraveUlysses posted:

bape lets see a burnout

this is the chat thread and i'm not going to preface it with any bullshit post your stupid piss test stories, reasons to vote tromp or abuella, ect whatever gently caress it it's friday

Possibly the best chat thread OP ever. The best I can remember at least.

COME ON BAPE GIVE US SOME SWEET FUCKIN 11S

cakesmith handyman posted:

I bought a pressure washer, I think I got a full house on my dad card.

Tell us sexy stories about how you got a foam cannon and you're going to wash your car with so much foaammmmmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Oh thank the Lord, finally had something that a) didnt go straight through me and b) wasnt toast for the first time in six days.

I suspect tonight it might be EAT loving EVERYTHING time. Juuuust starting to feel hungry.......

Edit : Worst. OP. Ever

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Apr 1, 2017

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Open house in t-12 hours. Wish me luck guys.

If we sell the house tomorrow I'm going to assemble a kit cobra in the basement of my new house one piece at a time.
Have viewings lined up for myself tomorrow as well starting at 1500. Not a big fan of open houses myself because IMHO those are more for your agents benefit and exposure than your home but good luck man here's to hoping there is a kit in your future!
E:
AI group buy?
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/tappen-michael-hall-cars-1.4049999

slidebite fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Apr 1, 2017

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

slidebite posted:

Have viewings lined up for myself tomorrow as well starting at 1500. Not a big fan of open houses myself because IMHO those are more for your agents benefit and exposure than your home but good luck man here's to hoping there is a kit in your future!
E:
AI group buy?
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/tappen-michael-hall-cars-1.4049999

That was unfortunately an April Fools'
Just funny to think how my wife would poo poo herself with a car in the basement and no way to get it out.

From here on out I'm not building anything I don't get to ride/drive. I'm loving done with garage queens.

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

I'm not in the market for a new car yet but drat does this thing speak to me. I'm probably going to buy a small van like the Transit Connect or the Promaster City next but what are some other cool weirdo cars that are pretty good at hauling poo poo? I'm going to miss my 06 Scion xB when it goes.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

keykey posted:

Does it run on 110v or 220v?

In the glorious independent kingdom of Brexit everything runs on 220v.

Rhyno posted:

drat it! I lost track of what time it was and ate a sandwich after 10pm! Part of the fitness kick involved not eating before I went to bed and I hosed it up!

Everything you eat is before you go to bed.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Only if you aren't trying hard enough.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKWfW-MIRHc

TIG welding a Bad Obsession Motorsport mug back together.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I had NO IDEA you could TIG porcelain.

Whaaaaaa

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
This is life changing

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I had NO IDEA you could TIG porcelain.

Whaaaaaa

Its all down to using the right filler rod and on the right day.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

Tomarse posted:

and that sweet gas lens

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Adiabatic posted:

Just bought my Electric Zoo ticket!
Above & Beyond Heldens Deadmau5 Prydz Solveig Schulz Diablo Excision Yellowclaw and they havent even announced half of em yet!
:highfive: Nice, I may get to one of the bigger shows this year but for now I have tickets to Shakybeats in Atlanta.

fjelltorsk posted:

I am no expert, but all of those Qs where on the ADHD test i just finished with my therapist. But there where many many more.

I did fairly well, so i am starting Ritalin trials arter easter
My brother's been on and off of Ritalin since he was around 10, it makes a world of difference for him. Hope it works as well for you.

:golfclap:

meltie posted:

gently caress Haynes.

I'm always amazed how much the usefulness and quality of Haynes/Bentley manuals can be. Some can be referred to for everything imaginable on the car, others are best used as a wheel chock.

I bought a pressure washer, I think I got a full house on my dad card.
Pressure washers are awesome and very useful. If you like washing your cars I recommend a foam cannon

April seems like a good time to bring the 320i back out. Time to finally hook up the parking brake, put a center muffler on it (so I don't wake up neighbors leaving at 5:30am) and wash it.

Think I'm going to lay down a thick coat of that rust stopped stuff on the Courier floor pans. After a couple coats of that I need to figure out what to paint it with to prevent further rust, tempted to do something like a bed liner or even several thick coats of plastidip. No carpet in the truck just a rubber mat that snaps in place. Any suggestions?

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Thanks to whoever recommended the S-Town podcast in last months thread - listened to three episodes yesterday and I'm hooked.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

NitroSpazzz posted:

I'm always amazed how much the usefulness and quality of Haynes/Bentley manuals can be. Some can be referred to for everything imaginable on the car, others are best used as a wheel chock.
The bentley manual for my 996 is exceptional. As someone who has never seen let alone owned a Bentley before and only used Haynes or <gasp> a Chiltons if I didn't have the true shop service manual, I just assumed they were all that way. Disappointing to hear they aren't.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I used to stuff my face at all hours. Now it's no food if I'll be laying down within the next two hours

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the well wishes. Sometimes I'm good, sometimes time just seems to stop and emotions boil over.

I will be ok. I still have my faith.

And I do have people to talk to, and anti depressants.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Tomarse posted:

and on the right day.

Absolutely.

Edit: I was looking forward to cornhub again this year, but it didn't come back. :(

In the glorious independent kingdom of Brexit everything runs on 220v.

That's pretty sweet. I had to hunt for a 220v pressure washer.

keykey fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Apr 1, 2017

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

rdb posted:

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the well wishes. Sometimes I'm good, sometimes time just seems to stop and emotions boil over.

I will be ok. I still have my faith.

And I do have people to talk to, and anti depressants.

We're here if you ever want to rage/emote/whatever with someone(s) where you don't have to worry about affecting your relationships with people who matter.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
LoL, a friend of mine was test driving a car today and it caught fire during the test drive. The lot is trying to pin it on him.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Used or new? Italian?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bajaha posted:

Used or new? Italian?

Used Mercedes. I don't know the model yet. It's a small (under 100 cars) lot and the owner is yelling and screaming. He posted that the police are there now.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Lot probably isn't properly insured. Otherwise it would be a non-event.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He says the cops told him to go ahead and leave.

Edit

"Went out on a test drive, they tossed me the keys and said to have fun. Car started smoking about 15 minutes in, full blown fire within a minute after. Quickly pulled into a gas station and popped the hood, saw flames. Attendant comes running out with an extingusiher and went nuts on it. Shut the car off, looked it over and can't tell where the firre started. Called the lot, dude told me to bring the car back and I'm like 'but it was on fire' and he doesn't care. So i start the car and luckily no fire. Drop the hood and head back, starts smoking just as i pull in so i shut it off and jump out. Salesman is clearly pissed. Accuses me of doing a burnout as I left and how I probably did something to the car. I stayed calm and told him no, it just caught on fire. He starts losing his poo poo and says they've already called the cops. Cops show up, listen to him for a minute, come over, take my story. They went back to their cars, went and looked at the car. One of them pops the hood, sticks his head in there for a few minutes, pokes things. He calls us all over and announces that this car has clearly had an engine fire in the past. Salesman looks mortified. Cop asks the dude if he really thinks they can pin this on me. He looks super confused and goes inside to talk to his boss. Cops tell me I can leave, gives me his card incase they make trouble for me."

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Apr 1, 2017

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Rhyno posted:

LoL, a friend of mine was test driving a car today and it caught fire during the test drive. The lot is trying to pin it on him.

Did the salesman do a ride along?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Netflix Live is amazing.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Ferremit posted:

Colin Furze's death is going to be both spectacular AND horrific...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGr0oifJMEI

Colin Furze will never die.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

keykey posted:

Did the salesman do a ride along?

Nah, it's a small used lot. One I almost bought from two years ago. They just copy your license and insurance card and give you the keys.

And it sucks because they have a car I was very interested in.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Nah, it's a small used lot. One I almost bought from two years ago. They just copy your license and insurance card and give you the keys.

And it sucks because they have a car I was very interested in.

Then it's on the dealer. Dealer insurance requires a salesman ride along.

Shrugs Not Drugs posted:

Colin Furze will never die.

I remember saying the same thing about Steve Irwin. I still think his "blood" was just hydraulic fluid. The ratings for his show we're starting to dip so Discovery channel took Irwin 1.0 offline.

keykey fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Apr 1, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

keykey posted:

Then it's on the dealer. Dealer insurance requires a salesman ride along.

Weird. I haven't had anyone ride along in a long time unless it was one of the large branded dealerships.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Weird. I haven't had anyone ride along in a long time unless it was one of the large branded dealerships.

In CA you have to have a 1 million umbrella and in stipulations, ride along are mandatory otherwise you could lose insurance.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

slidebite posted:

The bentley manual for my 996 is exceptional. As someone who has never seen let alone owned a Bentley before and only used Haynes or <gasp> a Chiltons if I didn't have the true shop service manual, I just assumed they were all that way. Disappointing to hear they aren't.

The Haynes manual for first gen RX-7s is decent, if you have a '79, because they basically copied a fair amount of the OEM Mazda manual. For other years, not so much, since they just stuck *some* of the changes from year to year in the appendices. The electrical part is mediocre. For reference, the wiring diagrams from Mazda are a separate book, and really good.
Fortunately for RX-7 owners, Mazda is chill about us having digital copies up on the web. Me and Sgt. Fox, among others have PDFs of the OEM manuals and wiring diagrams out there (I also own physical copies for most years), so no one has to suffer through the misinformation in the Haynes or <shudder> Chilton books, at least for Mazda RX-7s.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

keykey posted:

In CA you have to have a 1 million umbrella and in stipulations, ride along are mandatory otherwise you could lose insurance.

In TN you have to have a million umbrella for any dealer, though I don't know about if they have to ride along. I have so many good ideas on selling some cars online but TN makes you have a physical lot and all kinds of BS

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

keykey posted:

Doesn't seem to be the case in AZ. When I was shopping for a Focus ST I was concerned about how the seat would work for me (I'm wider than I should be, and the seat is narrow) over my long hour+ commute each day. I was at one of the largest and most reputable Ford dealers in the area and the sales manager got a copy of my ID, gave me the keys to a brand new FoST and at about 1pm on a Saturday said "get it back here before we close at 7pm".

The other Ford dealership I have purchased cars from her has never sent a salesman on a test drive with me and I've bought 3 cars from there now.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Wife and I put in an offer on a house today. :ohdear: I'm not super optimistic they'll accept, because it seems it's a situation of "grandma died and the kids need to sell her house" and our offer is contingent on closing costs being covered by the seller.

It's a pretty kickass house though. 1700 Square feet and a huge master for 100K.

I'm not sure if I'll be more relieved if they do accept or if they don't. :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

keykey posted:

Nifty.

Here's the car if anyone cares

http://www.ultimateautodeals.com/2006_MercedesBenz_SLK_Fort%20Wayne_IN_8444773.veh

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

That looks pretty nice, too bad it caught on fire. Better now than after he took delivery. Definitely dodged a bullet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He posted again saying it's back out in front of the lot as if nothing happened.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Tomarse posted:

gently caress I'm dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

First big Cars & Coffee of the year ended with a bang

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSWLGnkBt6O/

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Apr 1, 2017

• Locked thread