Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

gently caress I'm dumb
They got me, too, took me a good couple of hours to register.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

This is sitting outside of the gun range

It's v nice

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I'm going to have to start going to Cars and Coffees just to see the crashes.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

InitialDave posted:

They got me, too, took me a good couple of hours to register.

Let's be honest: if anyone could do, then it's these guys.

You know what gave it away for me? Them not linishing it, like they do everything else.

EDIT: I meant 'linishing with the airtool' as I did not realise that you can 'linish' with a belt sander, too.

spog fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Apr 1, 2017

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

NitroSpazzz posted:

First big Cars & Coffee of the year ended with a bang

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSWLGnkBt6O/

loving morons. I'm astonished that no one has been killed yet.

When it inevitably happens say bye bye to cars and coffee.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Applebees Appetizer posted:

loving morons. I'm astonished that no one has been killed yet.

When it inevitably happens say bye bye to cars and coffee.

Pretty much. Though I make it a point to not go to automotive events unless it's a seriously large one because of the "HAY GUYS LOOK AT MEEEEE!" mentality smaller meets attract.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

NitroSpazzz posted:

That guy was flying. Kind of glad he wrecked his car while managing not to hurt/involve anyone else.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

gently caress I'm dumb

Don't feel bad, it got me immediately too..

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Was bored today so I went to my first drift event. Watching ratty cars go sideways is really fun! And I met Tony Angelo.

opengl fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Apr 2, 2017

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
It snowed at Ebisu yesterday so I had a few sessions on Minami course. Video doesn't do these tracks justice, props to anybody who can initiate over the jump and down the straight. Going to be interesting in the dry with almost stock SR20 power today

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Wasn't there a guy here restoring a wood-gas car?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I did a thing

I've been hitting the bike every day (except one skip day) for 22 days now. I quit drinking anything with sugar in it including any booze. I totally changed my eating habits as well. I'm already down 7 pounds and I'm not stopping there. I convinced my mom to give me this weight bench since it's been gathering dust in her basement for 10+ years. I begin a 5 day a week weight program on April 9th.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Went to a car show where you had to make a pass on the drag strip to be judged in the show. They had prizes for the car show, 10.5 bracket, 11.5 bracket and unlimited racing. poo poo owned, Cleetus Mcfarland from 1320 showed up and started hamming it up while the guys wanting to make a pass for the show, but couldn't keep up for the bracket racing made passes. Many jokes were made about bald eagles, murica and hondas baging off the rev limiter on every loving shift. Also, they had http://www.nostalgic-grains.com out there since he did the etched glass trophies for the car show. Jesus that guy makes some beautiful stuff. Bought one of his laser engraved rotary zippos, then gave it to a friend as a very, very belated birthday present. (And inspiration to finish fixing his loving rx-8 he curbed so we can go for a cruise.)

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I did a thing

I've been hitting the bike every day (except one skip day) for 22 days now. I quit drinking anything with sugar in it including any booze. I totally changed my eating habits as well. I'm already down 7 pounds and I'm not stopping there. I convinced my mom to give me this weight bench since it's been gathering dust in her basement for 10+ years. I begin a 5 day a week weight program on April 9th.

looks like a lot of weight on that bar, you should probably have a spotter.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

stump posted:

Thanks to whoever recommended the S-Town podcast in last months thread - listened to three episodes yesterday and I'm hooked.

That would be me. Brilliant story telling and editing. Also a relief they didn't piece it out week by week.

NitroSpazzz posted:

Oh ffs. We no longer have C&C because people can't stop doing burnouts and leaving trash. It got axed two years ago for getting too huge. Something like 250 cars showed up the first decent weekend of the year. Are you still coming out this way? Should get a goonmeet happening.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Powershift posted:

looks like a lot of weight on that bar, you should probably have a spotter.

I was just centering the bar!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
S town started great, and ended good. I'm glad I listened to it, but it won't stick with me the same way Serial (either season) did.

It was nice to see that cut and undercurrent of society. It both heavily reinforced, and heavily subverted, every stereotype I have of the rural south.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I was just centering the bar!

Hey man, i'm not judging, just thinking safety.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Powershift posted:

Hey man, i'm not judging, just thinking safety.

I doubt I can lift more than 50lbs these days anyways. But I gotta start somewhere!

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Saturday night = Drinking, listening to Prince, shitposting.

:discourse:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

S town started great, and ended good. I'm glad I listened to it, but it won't stick with me the same way Serial (either season) did.

It was nice to see that cut and undercurrent of society. It both heavily reinforced, and heavily subverted, every stereotype I have of the rural south.

I think that's a pretty good summary

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

NitroSpazzz posted:

What do you reckon caused this? Driver just being a total idiot? I always feel a little weary about driving my 350z on wet roads after seeing stuff like this, even thought my car is by no means a Dodge Viper.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I have no idea how the Scottsdale Pavilions show has been going on for literal decades and yet never seems to be subject to Mustang Syndrome.

:iiam:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Our local C&C has managed to avoid issues because we hold them in parking lots very far from the road.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Well, followed a drunk driver while chatting with 911 tonight, but sadly other traffic got in the way and I lost them when they entered a subdivision. I'm hoping that the cop that had almost caught up with me and entered the subdivision 60 seconds after me had an address from the plate number and went to their house and got them getting out of the car. If not, oh well, I tried, and it was totally worth the 10 or 15 minutes out of my life the detour cost me.

I'd post the dash cam, but it would be really boring. Boring enough that I'm not even planning to pull the chip and save the footage. Once they got off of the interstate they drove fairly normal, if a bit fast, but on the interstate they were doing a lovely slow motion S-curve from about 2' outside the lane to the left, back to 2' outside the lane to the right, and varying speed somewhat randomly +/- 10mph of the speed limit.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

NitroSpazzz posted:

Why do idiot drivers also drive cool cars? What a waste.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

QuarkMartial posted:

Why do idiot drivers also drive cool cars? What a waste.

Because cool cars are by definition designed, engineered, and built for idiots?

What use to a smart person does a 600hp car have? It doesn't do anything more than a 175hp accord that serves any purpose to anybody other than an idiot and costs 3 times as much.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
something something penis size

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Yeah S-Town is good poo poo. Sort of broke my heart when I realized what had happened to the dude.

For god's sake wear a respirator when working with heavy metal fumes.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

I AM BRAWW posted:

What do you reckon caused this? Driver just being a total idiot? I always feel a little weary about driving my 350z on wet roads after seeing stuff like this, even thought my car is by no means a Dodge Viper.

What caused it was a lovely driver turning off his traction control, and then panicking the gently caress out the second anything started happening. If he'd just kept his foot down and then eased out of it this wouldn't have happened, but as soon as the rear starts to skate out to the car's left, instead of just powering out of it he gets terrified and lets off abruptly and doesn't have the skill to pull it back into shape once it starts gripping again because the tires aren't spinning up anymore and the weight shifts forward and he's now pointing 45 degrees to the car's right with zero evidence of being ready to start steering into the skid. He's not even going very fast, it just looks quicker than it actually is since he's going down the road perpendicular to normal travel and threatening to mount the curb.

A 350z doesn't have enough power to do a fuckup that escalates this quickly unless you're an extremely terrible driver.

Echotic
Oct 20, 2013
Sold my Caldina on Wednesday night. Made $1000 on it in the last year.

Spent all day Saturday car shopping, eventually picked up a 2007 Honda Fit RS. Bright loving yellow. This will be my wifes car as I will take her 2004 Subaru Legacy.

Went clay bird shooting today. First time ive even held a gun, had an absolute blast! Will definitely try again. Huge rush.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
For some reason i think about Japan as being small car only. Don't break my dream by having an outback legacy.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

That would be me. Brilliant story telling and editing. Also a relief they didn't piece it out week by week.

Oh ffs. We no longer have C&C because people can't stop doing burnouts and leaving trash. It got axed two years ago for getting too huge. Something like 250 cars showed up the first decent weekend of the year. Are you still coming out this way? Should get a goonmeet happening.
Too much poo poo happenening at my sites to head out there until possibly a few months later. Think mid-late May I might come out to support an install. I'll let you know if anything firms up.

I AM BRAWW posted:

High horsepower car, cold tires, jackass behind the wheel. When things started to go bad he panicked and lifted likely due to inexperience, could have saved it fine if he'd stayed on the gas and eased off. Just lucky there were trees to stop him from crossing into the oncoming traffic. This was a smaller 4-500 cars show but is higher end for the most part, out big local show is 1500+ cars and open to everything. Both get plenty of people being idiots when they arrive or leave.

Did some half assed rust repair on the Courier and temporarily patched up the holes with aluminum tape. Will probably end up cutting out and welding in new panels once life settles down a bit. Pretty sure the thing is going to get a few coats of bed liner to cover the floor once it's properly patched/repaired.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Picked up Brigg today

Most images thus far have just been black blurs though he's currently stretched out on the floor

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Mat_Drinks posted:

Tell us sexy stories about how you got a foam cannon and you're going to wash your car with so much foaammmmmmm

I had so much fun discovering the real colour of my paving I forgot to try the detergent siphon.

Holy poo poo though don't bother with cheap hose connectors, I replaced the hose on my reel then with the amount I spent on crappy then good connectors I'd have only spent a few quid more on a complete hozelock rig.

Torn Quad Jones
Nov 2, 2011

NitroSpazzz posted:

Move over Mustang 2017 is the year of the Viper

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

freelop posted:

Picked up Brigg today

Most images thus far have just been black blurs though he's currently stretched out on the floor

Hi goober :)

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

For some reason i think about Japan as being small car only. Don't break my dream by having an outback legacy.

there's stuff bigger in the car park across the road from my hotel right now

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
New Rick and Morty episode last night was loving amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I avoid informal car and bike get togethers because of the idiocy that seems to ensue. It's like a mentality that effects 10% of the people there to be asses and while most people that are there are fine, I don't want to be associated with the morons at all.

Had 2 showings with our house yesterday. It's a bit of a pain in the rear end as we remove all traces of cat from the house to do so. Both cats, cat tree, litter box, scratch ramps, dishes, beds etc. Sounds like both viewings we really well and one went so far as to ask for a copy of the RPR (survey) so they can lay out how big of a 2nd garage they can but in the back yard, so that's a good sign.

However, I'm not moving the cats again. We went to my wifes office to lay low for a couple hours and to not stress them as much (as opposed to keeping them in their cages for 2 hours) but upon our return, it didn't work. The cats went absolutely apeshit. The big 20lb Maine Coon-esque male tried to attack me and my wife when he started going after his sister and they were both making the most ungodly howl imaginable and this is from someone that's had cats his whole life. This morning they seem a bit better, are at least able to be in the same room as each other but they were stressed beyond belief and can't put them through that again.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Apr 2, 2017

• Locked thread