Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Nice. Grass isn't always greener so it certainly doesn't hurt to do what you did IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Somewhat Heroic posted:

DD was good though? :confused:

DD was a slow burning show but after the first half of S1 it got pretty decent. I thought the first half of Iron Fist was ok but then it just went to total poo poo. Luke Cage was just ok but I don't think I'd watch a followup season of either of them.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Thanks to this thread and talking about asbestos, I looked into my garage floor situation. There's 9" tiles (which I'm told always contain asbestos, they switched to 12" afterwards as a way to distinguish it) that are coated with epoxy. Dude who sold the house coated the floor just before he left, now I'm seeing the checkerboard cracking pattern/broken rear end floor wherever I use a jack and have to pay to fix it. :argh:

But hopefully I'll have a nice floor and garage afterwards.

:unsmith:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

CornHolio posted:

Man, I'm really considering driving four hours to purchase this.

You have quickly changed your tune from "buying next year" to "right loving now." :lol: I'd get a local to check it if the guy said the paint was poo poo. Hard to tell since it's wet in those pics.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

CornHolio posted:

Yeah, I came to the same conclusion. I get excited quickly. I think I'm going to continue passively looking and see if anything shows up within 100 miles this spring and summer and if not, wait until next year to keep looking.

That one just has a bunch of new parts, looks good in the pictures and is a good price. I hope I can find one like that again.

I am automotive sanity, never listen to me. Listen to the devil on your shoulder instead.

:getin:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Nope nope nope.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Nice, I'm going to an early viewing of it next Weds.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

and I thought my 2500k was old. :corsair:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

What about smokers? What kinds/types do you guys use and recommend? Looking to buy my first one and would like something with temperature control and looking at pellet smokers at the moment.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I'm looking at the GMG pellet ones and the Char grill Akorn (BGE knock off). I'm leaning towards the Akorn and maybe trying it out first and adding temp control if necessary. Guess they hold heat in very well and usually don't require too much fuss. And they're 10% off at Lowes until tomorrow, so I'll have to decide quick.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

We didn't go into debt for our wedding and had a nice time with everybody. I had hoped to go the cheaper route but it didn't pan out since her and her Dad weren't having it. Either way, no regrets but it seems dumb to throw away a shitload of money at one day.

I'm not huge on celebrations, obviously. :v:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Rad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

blk posted:

TIL I'm a poo poo mountain biker - I'm an anxious person in general so I go too slow and don't build the inertia needed to carry myself over obstacles. I need a shot of vodka and a xanax before my next ride.

I just started biking and am the same way. I also target fixate so my last ride beat the poo poo out of me. Just need to keep practicing and get more comfortable on a bike and get used to riding at speed and looking ahead.

• Locked thread