Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Went to a car show where you had to make a pass on the drag strip to be judged in the show. They had prizes for the car show, 10.5 bracket, 11.5 bracket and unlimited racing. poo poo owned, Cleetus Mcfarland from 1320 showed up and started hamming it up while the guys wanting to make a pass for the show, but couldn't keep up for the bracket racing made passes. Many jokes were made about bald eagles, murica and hondas baging off the rev limiter on every loving shift. Also, they had http://www.nostalgic-grains.com out there since he did the etched glass trophies for the car show. Jesus that guy makes some beautiful stuff. Bought one of his laser engraved rotary zippos, then gave it to a friend as a very, very belated birthday present. (And inspiration to finish fixing his loving rx-8 he curbed so we can go for a cruise.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

The best peaches come from georgia, and you don't find 'em on a tree. :v:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Want a mazda wagon in trade for it? :v

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

^^^
How did you bottom out a msp? Those things are like monster truck status stock.

angryrobots posted:

It's cheap, winter is mild, and cars don't rust.

So what I'm seeing here from posts itt is that there should be SEAI group?

Only if virginia leaves NEAI and joins SEAI like is only right and proper.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Apr 12, 2017

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

How the poo poo does that even happen? Did you piss someone off lately?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Another friend has bought an rx-8. A coworker is selling his prelude to build one into a drift car. My resolve is crumbling in the presence of spinning doritos. I'm considering trading my boat for one. Because a hole in the water I throw money into is worse than a hole in my garage I throw money into, right?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Rhyno posted:

You may only get an RX-8 if you promise to modify the R on the Renesis engine cover so it reads PENESIS

Oh god. I didn't realise this. A black sharpie should be sufficient, one of these fuckers is gonna be riding around with a PENISES engine cover sooooon.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Most autos seem to have adverse reactions to being power flushed. I'd just stick with drain and fill personally.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Then Sunday I'm going to attempt to bear trap the lady with this round metallic thing.

Good luck nerdo.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Did you know you can also kick in a door or smash a window to defeat a lock? :0

Locks keep honest people honest. Not much more. At least this adds some convenience for the home owner.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Cage posted:

Yaaaay rhyno!

Anyone ever see super aggro crag post anywhere? I want to ask him about genesis'.

He gets run off most times he posts. I know the 2nd gen was a big step up in quality and power compared to gen 1. Most are proving reliable outside of autos having slightly crunchy transmissions.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I've driven 370 miles extra for work this week. My normal mileage in a week is like 50 miles for work. At least I've been paid for mileage and got paid for drive time for the 150mi trip. Dunno how people with commutes like this do it on the regular, because god drat this sucked. Fuckers down in tampa/st pete have it easy. :argh:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Somewhat Heroic posted:

my meat is the talk of the neighborhood.

:dong:

Time to start pricing out stuff to make new heat diffusers for the grill. Materials cost is probably near the cost of buying premade ones, but I kinda want to try fabricobbling my own. Some 18-20 gauge steel should be good enough right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Went to the local brewery last night for a company party. Got drunk, got ripped on by a coworkers wife who I've interacted with fairly frequently (to be fair, everyone at that end of the table caught some flak from her) and got a hilarious snapchat this morning to the effect of "I don't quite remember last night, but I was told that I owe you an apology. Please don't be angry with me." All told, a good night with much entertainment had by all. :toot:

• Locked thread