Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
drat it! I lost track of what time it was and ate a sandwich after 10pm! Part of the fitness kick involved not eating before I went to bed and I hosed it up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's a check in the "good thing I don't have kids" column.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Open house in t-12 hours. Wish me luck guys.

If we sell the house tomorrow I'm going to assemble a kit cobra in the basement of my new house one piece at a time.

:toxx:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cakesmith handyman posted:

Everything you eat is before you go to bed.

I used to stuff my face at all hours. Now it's no food if I'll be laying down within the next two hours

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
LoL, a friend of mine was test driving a car today and it caught fire during the test drive. The lot is trying to pin it on him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bajaha posted:

Used or new? Italian?

Used Mercedes. I don't know the model yet. It's a small (under 100 cars) lot and the owner is yelling and screaming. He posted that the police are there now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He says the cops told him to go ahead and leave.

Edit

"Went out on a test drive, they tossed me the keys and said to have fun. Car started smoking about 15 minutes in, full blown fire within a minute after. Quickly pulled into a gas station and popped the hood, saw flames. Attendant comes running out with an extingusiher and went nuts on it. Shut the car off, looked it over and can't tell where the firre started. Called the lot, dude told me to bring the car back and I'm like 'but it was on fire' and he doesn't care. So i start the car and luckily no fire. Drop the hood and head back, starts smoking just as i pull in so i shut it off and jump out. Salesman is clearly pissed. Accuses me of doing a burnout as I left and how I probably did something to the car. I stayed calm and told him no, it just caught on fire. He starts losing his poo poo and says they've already called the cops. Cops show up, listen to him for a minute, come over, take my story. They went back to their cars, went and looked at the car. One of them pops the hood, sticks his head in there for a few minutes, pokes things. He calls us all over and announces that this car has clearly had an engine fire in the past. Salesman looks mortified. Cop asks the dude if he really thinks they can pin this on me. He looks super confused and goes inside to talk to his boss. Cops tell me I can leave, gives me his card incase they make trouble for me."

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Apr 1, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

keykey posted:

Did the salesman do a ride along?

Nah, it's a small used lot. One I almost bought from two years ago. They just copy your license and insurance card and give you the keys.

And it sucks because they have a car I was very interested in.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

keykey posted:

Then it's on the dealer. Dealer insurance requires a salesman ride along.

Weird. I haven't had anyone ride along in a long time unless it was one of the large branded dealerships.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

keykey posted:

In CA you have to have a 1 million umbrella and in stipulations, ride along are mandatory otherwise you could lose insurance.

Nifty.

Here's the car if anyone cares

http://www.ultimateautodeals.com/2006_MercedesBenz_SLK_Fort%20Wayne_IN_8444773.veh

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He posted again saying it's back out in front of the lot as if nothing happened.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I did a thing

I've been hitting the bike every day (except one skip day) for 22 days now. I quit drinking anything with sugar in it including any booze. I totally changed my eating habits as well. I'm already down 7 pounds and I'm not stopping there. I convinced my mom to give me this weight bench since it's been gathering dust in her basement for 10+ years. I begin a 5 day a week weight program on April 9th.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Powershift posted:

looks like a lot of weight on that bar, you should probably have a spotter.

I was just centering the bar!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Powershift posted:

Hey man, i'm not judging, just thinking safety.

I doubt I can lift more than 50lbs these days anyways. But I gotta start somewhere!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Our local C&C has managed to avoid issues because we hold them in parking lots very far from the road.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
something something penis size

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

funny Star Wars parody posted:

I sold my drum kit which finally put me over the goal I had set so I can build my new computer

I thought you were gonna buy a bro truck?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

That's a different budget lol

Easier to hide PC parts anyways.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A few weeks back somebody broke into the Civic and tried to steal it. But joke's on them no battery!

Anyways, just sold it for about $100 less than I was into it overall. Sad day.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus loving Christ I've already lost 9lbs.

Tonight I stopped and bought so much goddamned fruit and super healthy wraps to replace bread in my diet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

the spyder posted:

Cleaning is a massive time sink but so worth it. I've been slowly listing all of my old tech stuff on eBay and I can't believe it's actually selling. Anyone want a Lenovo W520, HP Elitebook, or Lenovo X220 before I list them? My uber cheap $50 6-teir shelving units got here today. So far they don't look like they will turn completely potato-chiped with weight as long as I watch it. Once the computer junk is gone, it's on to car parts. Then maybe we'll start on the house... ugh.

I feel your pain man. We're slogging through my mother's house right now. She's a major packrat and hates to part with anything but we've convinced her it's time to start parring down. We're hoping we can get the entire house worked over by the end of summer. There's just SO MUCH poo poo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I made a bunch of chicken wraps so I have quick meals ready for the next couple of days. I have a new found love of red onions and loaded the wraps up with them.

This healthy poo poo ain't so bad.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

So you gonna share your chicken wrap secrets? :colbert:

So long as mayo isn't involved, I'm interested.

Wheat wrap, lettuce, tomato, chicken (had to use lunch meat because reasons), cheese, onions, potatoes and some caesar dressing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I made a batch of chili and portioned it out so I have like 16 meals there. I got some shredded mini wheats and bagged those up for breakfast. Been eating a LOT of salads. I'm on day 26 of this health kick and like I said, down 9 pounds and I lost it faster than I expected. Decided to cut bread and carbs and see what happens.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Adiabatic posted:

I recommend getting a month ahead on bills. Keep a months worth of buffer in your checking account and call it a "slush fund" cause that sounds baller. Then you can pay all your line items on the first day of the month, and all money you earn that month goes into next months cash.

I cannot begin to tell you how liberating it feels.

I'm so close man. I have a good decent enough amount of cash in both checking and savings and a couple grand tied up in some investments with my dad right now. I did get into hot water at the first week of March because I'd recently set all my bills to pay out on the 30th of the month and I forgot to manually set up payments for Feb so I nearly got a late charge on every monthly expense.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

blk posted:

I wish they made methadone but for liking cars too much

They do, it's called being unemployed and homeless

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Alternatively having children kind of cuts it off as well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
i think the scale is going to say 195.something tomorrow which is a 10 lb loss and i will lose my poo poo

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I lost 10lbs by eating seeds for lunch

I'm constantly hungry tho

I'm eating dry shredded wheat for breakfast, a wrap for lunch and chicken for dinner right now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I'm eating doritos

I don't miss chips. If anything I miss stuffing my face in the two hours before i sleep

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Locator posted:

Losing your poo poo can be good for a pound.

Here's hoping.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Scale says 195! That's ten pounds lost in under a month!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Enourmo posted:

But what does your heart say?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Make sure to eat protein and lift heavy things in order to preserve any muscle mass you may have. Muscle is the first to go when you start cutting calories.

I've been ingesting many protein shakes and weight training starts Sunday. I'm gonna try to get on a proper schedule with my workouts but the only free time I have to do this ends up being 10pm nightly.

Also I'd need to have muscle to start with.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Locator posted:

Muscle is denser than fat, so be ready for your weight loss to stall, or possibly even reverse if you start lifting seriously. Start measuring your progress by your pants/belt size in this case, as you could easily gain weight while actually losing fat and inches.

When I started lifting I was on the very last notch on my belt and weighed about 230. After 6 months I was 235'ish, but I was 4 notches in on the belt, so I was perfectly fine with that, although absolutely need to shed about 40 pounds long-term.

I wear 36" waist jeans and that hasn't changed in a very long time despite various changes in weight. ALl my weight is in this beer gut and my face. I don't have any plan to bulk, I just want to get lean again. As advised, I'll be lifting to retain muscle mass, not to get bigger. The last time I was this weight I was using various fat burning supplements and not exercising at all. This time it's all on me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Yeah don't use those, there's no actual scientific evidence they do poo poo other than give you a massive dose of caffeine and some spicy bits.

Current plan is better, just keep to it.

I hope I can keep this up. I'm gonna need to sort out my diet and food intake because I am hungry as poo poo all the time now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Adiabatic posted:

e: one last thing hop over to DIY and read the bathroom reno thread it's probably the best thing on the forums at the moment.

Groverhaus 2.0

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

We love telling people to shut the gently caress up at our bar when they start arguing politics. Or religion.

That's policy at every bar I've ever been too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Powershift posted:

there has to be an alternative for those people besides "starve to death"

Soylent Green.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation