Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
My work HR-V swallows my kids and an extension ladder, as well as tons of tools. I don't know why you'd need anything bigger inside. Also the low 30s regardless of highway or backroad is great too. I just wish it wasn't white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

ilkhan posted:

Unlike democrats, I don't try to shut down people I disagree with via name calling and hate filled protests.

You didn't even make it out of your own sentence without proving yourself incorrect. Truthfully, everyone does it, usually waffling between Manifest Destiny and "Church of Reason," or some other definition of the same thing.

ilkhan posted:

In AI news...
Its new bike day for me. Which sucks, as its loving raining here.

Sounds like it was wrong new bike day!

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Anyone buying stuff for the closing RadioShack stores? I spent close to $500 the last two days at local stores closing down, mostly on SeeedStudio and Adafruit stuff. And LEDs. one receipt was 4.5 feet long, and the one today is around 7.5feet.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

I paid $17 for a Seeed GRPS Shield and $6 each for two Seeed Ethernet Shields. I don't even have an Arduino. I bought a BASIC Stamp II, the original version blinked many an LED when I was a kid. I think I have enough LEDs to blow one up a day for at least a year. They want too much for the component cabinets though, $300 for each 7 drawer unit. They're nice, but I don't want to spend $900 for enough drawers of bitter nostalgia.

I wonder if I should buy the rest of the half dozen GPRS shields they have...

DJ Commie fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Apr 18, 2017

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

KakerMix posted:

This, same with Chik Fil A. The ony bit of power I have in this system is to choose where to spend my money. Costco for everything I possibly can for me, thanks.

Cross posting a bit but I've bought another tiny kei van although this one is pretty special.

1983 Daihatsu Hijet in excellent shape inside and out with 12,000 miles on it (20k kms). Paid 3800 for it and it will cost around another ~1500+ to get it to me in Florida but then I'm pretty confident that I can say I have the only 1983 Hijet in the United States. At least a yellow/beige one with such low miles. I should have it in about a month, month and a half but will have many more pictures before that time.

Using https://www.japancardirect.com/, working with Matt and Scott who are both Americans living in Japan that do exporting to the US. If you hit em up say that Devin sent you.

What an awesome find, I only really see ones close to the 25 year old limit, and they didn't really get EFI and the highest power engines until the late 90s, but loving A that thing is awesome. I've loved all of my Daihatsu cars, and the Daihatsu kei truck I almost bought was a total hoot to drive . California really needs to get the whole EPA exemption thing figured out, if I have to I'll pay into Cap & Trade or register it SB100 or something. I want a 323 GT-R damnit :mad:

edit: If you ever bring it out west you can drive my Rocky around

DJ Commie fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Apr 20, 2017

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

everdave posted:

Whatever happened to Toaster Pastry and his Echo?

He stopped by my place a year or two ago in a 63 Corvette and seemed like he was doing well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Rhyno posted:

The majority idea is a Might Car Mods style build over a two month time period. We're looking for a car, I'm pushing for a budget hit hatch.

I can't wait for Mighty Car Mods to branch out into non-car related videos for shits and giggles, so I can call them Might Mod Cars.

• Locked thread