Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

After several days the ATT guys got a new line run. I went from 18/1Mbps to 120/120 fiber-to-the-premise :jackbud:

poo poo is crisp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Previa_fun posted:

Whatever happened to Used Sunlight Sales? Dude owned a bunch of land in the midwest (I want to say KS or OK?) and made some good posts detailing the machines and tools he used.

Then he just disappeared.

poo poo, I forgot about that guy. His posts were really cool in a land-management sort of aspect. I remember him bulldozing a lot of invasive trees.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Trigger warning: trigger

Gunchat: bought a small thing this week. It's just like my other 1911 except that it's tiny :3:

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

BraveUlysses posted:

HR is always full of the most useless toolbags in the world

I've only worked at one place with a legit HR dept. but this is 100% accurate. I have personally advised coworkers to NOT take certain grievances to HR because I have watched them fumble everything handed to them that I was involved in.

poo poo, one year I got a yearly merit % increase AND a title change raise within a month of each other because I brought in conflicting paystubs and played stupid. I was pretty sure I was only supposed to get whichever was larger (this was true), but the director of HR himself "fixed" it for me and I got both :haw: This resulted in me making like, $0.08/hour more than my direct supervisor and good friend, who waited a month and stomped into HR asking why his assistant/fill-in made more than him. They had to give him a substantial raise. It was a loving awesome month.

The Royal Nonesuch fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Apr 25, 2017

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

BraveUlysses posted:

166 dollars more than him over a whole year made him upset? :laffo:

Oh hahah, no - he didn't care at all. Like I said, we're good friends. He just used it as an excuse to act a little miffed and get a raise since he's titled higher/has more seniority.

The Royal Nonesuch fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Apr 25, 2017

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

mariooncrack posted:

On my way home tonight I saw a Tesla Model S "drag race" a late 90's Mustang.

It went about how you would expect it to go.

The Mustang accidentally pit-maneuvered the Tesla off the line?

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Seminal Flu posted:

My wife is running her first half-marathon tomorrow... it looks like it's going to be pouring the whole time. :(

drat, that's a lot of water! She's gonna need to take refuge in a boat after that marathon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

LloydDobler posted:

DRUNK LIVES MATTER.

• Locked thread