Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I have my kid's birthday party on Sunday so I can't enter the thunderdome. I'm glad to help any pimps who need a practice dummy though, this game is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

I can't decide who to play in the tourney because I like everyone but Slash. It'll probably end up being Arina but everyone is really fun to play.

Yeah I keep trying to focus on one character but then i keep wanting to switch to try a different one.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I play slash

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
me too...

I'm down to waku waku all day today

Yobgoblin fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Apr 6, 2017

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Why be a guy with a sword when you can be a robot policeman with a dog in it? Serious question.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like his projectile and his DP and qcb.A+B are both brain dead ways to gently caress people up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also the sword changes color like every other frame which is cool

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I like his projectile and his DP and qcb.A+B are both brain dead ways to gently caress people up

He's the only character I got bored playing. I guess marurun is kinda boring too but I barely played him

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

In Training posted:

Also the sword changes color like every other frame which is cool

it's hard for the AI to read my moves when i keep teleporting

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I like dandy 7

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Dandy j is my persona

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Getting really excited for Sunday.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Been playing as Arina, and having a hell of a time. This is essentially my first fighting game I ever played against other people in. lol

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

mysterious loyall X posted:

Dandy j is my persona

He's mine actually, and his Cheerleader friend w/ the heaving chest and combat cat are included in that package as well. Back up

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
somebody come beat me up

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pole-Jack Norsemen posted:

He's mine actually, and his Cheerleader friend w/ the heaving chest and combat cat are included in that package as well. Back up

stfu you goddamn newb

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I keep trying to hit the bottom row of buttons on my joystick

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Noob question, but am I seriously hobbling myself if I use a thumbstick instead of a d-pad?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's harder to do the inputs because the controls aren't analog, there's a lot of dead zone between the cardinal directions. But really you can play with anything that feels comfortable

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

P-Mack posted:

Noob question, but am I seriously hobbling myself if I use a thumbstick instead of a d-pad?

do whatever you want there are no rules

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
who is kongming45. dude destroyed me

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

mycophobia posted:

Greetings.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i look forward to losing to you in the tournament if I get that far

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mycophobia posted:

heres a hot tip arinas projectiles can be punched and destroyed

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

heres a hot tip arinas projectiles can be punched and destroyed

like...all her projectiles? unconditionally?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mycophobia posted:

like...all her projectiles? unconditionally?

yes

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

not sure if it works for other characters projectiles tho, like not-terry bogarts floor fire thing

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Neat

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

not sure if it works for other characters projectiles tho, like not-terry bogarts floor fire thing

Not that one Rai uses

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I think it works on Tesse's teacups and wiener dogs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gonna lock the bracket sometime tonight I think. So sign up if you haven't

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

Gonna lock the bracket sometime tonight I think. So sign up if you haven't

i will sign up in like an hour when i'm home

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I signed up but I'm only available from 10pm-3am on tuesday through saturday. On Sunday usually after 6pm is alright, and monday I usually got all day.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Wormskull posted:

I signed up but I'm only available from 10pm-3am on tuesday through saturday. On Sunday usually after 6pm is alright, and monday I usually got all day.

I can play ya later if that works 4 the bracket.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm still planning on just running the whole thing at once later today, about 3 hours from now. If you can't make it that's fine, it happens

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

so for clarification, every round will be a best of 3, only the loser can change characters between matches. the winners/losers/grand finals will be a best of 5, whoever came out of losers has to win two sets in the grand finals. ABout a half hour before it starts Ill lock the entries and shuffle seeds and be in the WW7 room/discord. Ill also stream every match here https://www.twitch.tv/in_training . Good luck all :cheers:

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Maybe we can do an evening tourney next time and alternate going forward? Afternoons are basically impossible for me.

Either way, glad this got me to check out a cool game I'd never heard of, looking forward to the next one.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Discord link: https://discord.gg/HymWx getting close to the start! Gonna lock and reseed in a couple minutes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Locked bracket: http://challonge.com/IZFGC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

getting psyched for the fight

• Locked thread