Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bump so this doesn't get archived. Fightcade 2 might finally be coming out for everybody this weekend, so I'll take a look at the huge new compatibility list and see what the next Invitational game is gonna be. Hell maybe I'll stream it and see if people wanna pitch ideas for games, do some Super Turbo matches etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

What happened

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got heavy duty into DBFZ until I hated it and then started playing a lot of Tekken and UNIST again and forgot about it. I will look at what FC2 has to offer and do another one soon

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I could play this awesome treasure forever!
-- In Training on Dragon Ballz Fighters

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I could play this awesome treasure forever!
-- In Training on Dragon Ballz Fighters

The broly dlc got me playing it again and I'm reminded of why I love it, which is playing a character with hyper armor on all of his best normals. And now there's two of them

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Bunp.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They made Fightcade 2 locked behind a Patreon paywall which seems legally dubious since its software exclusively designed to play pirated copies of old arcade games online

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

They made Fightcade 2 locked behind a Patreon paywall which seems legally dubious since its software exclusively designed to play pirated copies of old arcade games online

isn't it just snes games? well, whatever

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

when i googled this i instead found out theres a modified rom that fixes the black bars issue for sf3 in fightcade1, and one that also removes the music if you want to play your own tunes for some insane reason. so thats the solution to the black bars problem everyone

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

when i googled this i instead found out theres a modified rom that fixes the black bars issue for sf3 in fightcade1, and one that also removes the music if you want to play your own tunes for some insane reason. so thats the solution to the black bars problem everyone

Getting that all set up is a nightmare. I tried with ArfJason.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Good news everybody. The Imp Zone Invitational is back. The game this month is: Street Fighter Alpha 2, AKA Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha, and we will be running the event on Fightcade 2. Sign up page here: https://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/guWHnsfaOd Alpha 2 mechanics deets: http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Street_Fighter_Alpha_2

the Alpha/Zero games are baller...you have dead angles and air blocking but the movement, normals and combos are all SF level of simplicity. unless somebody actually learns a Valle CC in which case theyre banned.

planning to host it on June 16th, which is a saturday this time. If people still prefer Sundays I can do that too, its still a placeholder date.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I can't do Saturday tournaments.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This week has been a shithole for me so I'm going to end up missing all the hype of 30th anniversary and it'll be dead by the time I get a chance to play it again. drat it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well it shall be sunday then.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
How early on Sunday can you do it? I have a prior engagement starting at 9pm eastern

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Caithness posted:

How early on Sunday can you do it? I have a prior engagement starting at 9pm eastern

I can do it whenever, like 5 or 6 if people are around. These generally take less than 2 hours

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

bupp

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Alpha 2 ftw.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm traveling this weekend and will be unable to host, and will also be gone next weekend...so maybe during the week we can do this?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

imp zone mario tennis invitational

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yes

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Zangief is fun in Alpha 2 but I should probably have a back up because fighting certain characters, like Sagat, is next to impossible because I can't do green hand very well.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
y'all freaks still playing Blazblu Cross Tag after opening weekend? Thinking about picking it up tomorrow (ps4 probably). Had a great time with the demo as a FG noob

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

goferchan posted:

y'all freaks still playing Blazblu Cross Tag after opening weekend? Thinking about picking it up tomorrow (ps4 probably). Had a great time with the demo as a FG noob

Yeah we still play it, most of us have it on PS4.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I play it a lot and like it so much that it got me going back to locals and singlehandedly maintain a local scene for it. I love I t

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

goferchan posted:

I'm on PC but yeah PS4 is the way to go for now, PC port is still a tad sloppy.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The only good Weekday for me is Monday or after 9PM on Tues/Weds.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The imp Zone tennis tourney is going to be the most hardcore poo poo thats ever gone down in imp zone

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Imp Zone tennis tourney would own so much. I'm down for any Friday or Saturday night US time.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

imp zone mario tennis invitational

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITBGjNEp08

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Tennis comes out friday and I'd definitely be up for a day 1 tourney of it. Let's do this imps.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I would like to but I both can't play Friday and am not buying the game

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I would like to but I both can't play Friday and am not buying the game

Farewell.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Not buying the game? But you playfucking blazblue for hours truly loving disgusting

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

We should do one of these for Smash when it comes out :^)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

3 person tournaments dont usually work out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

We should do one of these for Smash when it comes out :^)

Evil Eagle posted:

3 person tournaments dont usually work out

ouch

• Locked thread