Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
im ready to loving die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Yobgoblin posted:

im ready to loving die

🐝bee lieve in ur self🐝

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Congrats to Mycophobia for winning the Waku Waku 7 tourney with the power of the huge orb

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I choked in those last two sets. :salt:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im going to uplaod the mycophobia vs evil eagle Winner's Finals match because it was a set for the ages

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I got eliminated immediately by the only two people I regularly play fighting games with.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I choked in those last two sets. :salt:

I played sloppy in the finals :shobon: I should have just played mroe patiently

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Big ups to Rediscover for missing the tourney.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Very satisfying to be the first victim of the Huge Orb & feel progressively less worse about my loss as I see it consume everyone & claim victory .

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i was 100% certain that kongming or evil eagle were going to destroy me like they have been in the practice matches

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle abandoning tesse spelled his downfall

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
congrats, underdoge

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'd like to put Garou: Mark of the Wolves in the running for the next tourney.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

great tourney. it was exciting to see people come up with anti-orb strategies only to have myco adapt his orb techniques and climb to the top

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Me watching every mycophobia match and commentating them: somebody should block the orb

Me playing against mycohpbia: [doesn't block the orb]

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'd be cool with Garou if nobody here knows how to actually play it. Bc if somebody does then it's like playing a 3S tourney if somebody actually knows how to parry

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

I want to throw out the idea of SF2 Rainbow and Matrimelee

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I'd be cool with Garou if nobody here knows how to actually play it. Bc if somebody does then it's like playing a 3S tourney if somebody actually knows how to parry

I play enough to know the character's moves, but I have no idea how to do anything insane with feints or w/e. If you want to pick something more obscure that's cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNNwmVyW4iQ

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I play enough to know the character's moves, but I have no idea how to do anything insane with feints or w/e. If you want to pick something more obscure that's cool

Cool, id be good with Garou because its a sweet game.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Waku Waku 7 is the only game I know how to play, so anything's whatever to me.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

:negative:

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
Mycophobia did you switch your stick from 4-way to 8-way or do you just have two sticks?

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I have an 8-way and a 4-way restrictor. Technically they're both switchable but I've broken more than one trying to switch back and forth between them, so I just keep one for each orientation.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
The panel on my hrap3 is always unscrewed so I just have to flip it over and swap the restrictor out

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

did nobody put up a prize? myco, hit me up if you want a steam key for vvvvvv + super hexagon or a ps3 key for super puzzle fighter ii turbo

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The prize is the full set of 7 Waku Waku Balls. Congratulations mycophobia.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Spoderman posted:

did nobody put up a prize? myco, hit me up if you want a steam key for vvvvvv + super hexagon or a ps3 key for super puzzle fighter ii turbo

I appreciate the offer but in all honesty I would probably never play them lol. The satisfaction of winning is its own reward :c00l:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

Big ups to Rediscover for missing the tourney.

despite the time being right next to the link to sign up in bold text my brain still managed to default to Its at Sunday Night. Congrats to mycophobia for being able to consistently read both text and his opponents' every move

Mr. Sophistication fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 9, 2017

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I was playing with a Marurun Main for like an hour and I can't fricking get myself to be able to tell when he's ducking.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I was playing with a Marurun Main for like an hour and I can't fricking get myself to be able to tell when he's ducking.

The feet stick out, that's pretty much the only difference.

e: I'm chilling in the waku waku room now, if anyone's down. Or maybe Garou if that's deffo the next game

P-Mack fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Apr 10, 2017

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sorry I was gonna but then I took a nap and when I woke up Lloyd wanted to show me the ropes in Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo. I liked Cammy the best.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

Also someday everyonen try matrimelee and breakers revenge they are legitimately good.

The next game is going to be Breakers Revenge. Sign ups here: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/aQsqBQFqGx Tentatively set for this sunday at the same time, that seemed to work. Although I know there swere some who mentioned different times would be btter so Ill double check and maybe move it later in the day.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Afternoon's gonna be tough for all the goons who have Easter Brunch obligations...

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
one of saizo's attacks is his hair lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

P-Mack posted:

Afternoon's gonna be tough for all the goons who have Easter Brunch obligations...

Oh hell I don't think even I can actually do anything this Sunday. Oops

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Breakers is cooler than Waku Waku 7.

Yobgoblin posted:

one of saizo's attacks is his hair lol

He's got nothing on Millia Rage.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I loaded it up today to set up buttons and I like how waku waku looks better but it seemed cool. Only messed around for 5 mins tho.

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

hopefully around whenever next one happens :) wouldnt have ever checked this game out thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If your like me and you were annoyed by how huge the chat and vs text in game is go to ggpofba-ng.ini in the config folder and find nMaxChatFontSize and change that. I changed mine to 18.

• Locked thread