Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I really wanted to make Dao Long work but I also wanted to win. I barely won losers finals, I need to go watch that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I hope you blocked this.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That weird guy who was in the chat wasn't kidding about DLC5... Their selling halloween costume sets for 70 dollars in DOA5...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

That weird guy who was in the chat wasn't kidding about DLC5... Their selling halloween costume sets for 70 dollars in DOA5...

It has close to 1000 dollars worth of costume dlc.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

theyre extremely sexy

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well anyway I do in fact own the full version of that game and now it's installed, so if that's the next game or someone wants to play it, you know where to find me. #fightmans

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

god drat lol

https://clips.twitch.tv/SoftQuaintPizzaKappaRoss

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

lol

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013

outplayed

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This was seriously hosed.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just realized I hosed up the whole streaming set up and cut off like 3% of the screen on the right hand side and feel like a jackass.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Don't sweat it, it's not like the middle 3% got cut off.

Tourney was a lot of fun and im glad the Good Condor won.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Full tournament with time stamps for every match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaGQ5MFu5TQ

Evil eagle had to play 16 matches in a row to finish the tournament

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Wormskull is an air throw savant.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Gotta say, watching that back makes me look pretty cool for a newbie. :smugbird:

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Gotta say, watching that back makes me look pretty cool for a newbie. :smugbird:

Seriously, I'd never have guessed you started playing fightmans three weeks ago.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I've played them before but it was just one-off things and no regularity and like years between the times I did it but yea, more or less. I did spend time in training modes of SF4 and KoF13 at least trying to learn the various motions and terminology. It'll probably sound insane but something I keep thinking about when I play is when I watched the videos of gootecks and mike ross teaching Xavier Woods how to play Ryu in the SF5 beta.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I've played them before but it was just one-off things and no regularity and like years between the times I did it but yea, more or less. I did spend time in training modes of SF4 and KoF13 at least trying to learn the various motions and terminology. It'll probably sound insane but something I keep thinking about when I play is when I watched the videos of gootecks and mike ross teaching Xavier Woods how to play Ryu in the SF5 beta.

I never really played much either, except for playing SFII obsessively for my entire time in middle school. Back then there was no DLC, so if you wanted 4 new characters you had to shell out for another $70 SNES cart. I'm glad the content providers are taking better care of us now.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

What is that circle on the ground? Did I breaker or something?

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I think it's just the beginning of the super flash animation.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was looking around today trying to figure out how to display hitboxes so I could see the fire Super but couldn't find much. I did find out that backwards throws have twice the range than normal throws which is why I was suplexing so much

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The only breaker I was sure of yesterday was the very grand finals. In Training did it.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

What is that circle on the ground? Did I breaker or something?

per the wiki

"Upon breakering successfully with anything but a jump, your character will have a green circle underneath their sprite for 9 frames"

Congrats on winning by actually using a central game mechanic!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

P-Mack posted:

per the wiki

"Upon breakering successfully with anything but a jump, your character will have a green circle underneath their sprite for 9 frames"

Congrats on winning by actually using a central game mechanic!

hell yes

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Taking a look at it he breakered too a bit before that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkbR61nnkw8

at the beginning of this video

I'm curious now how many times we breakered.

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

i should have assumed demon slimjim guy ninja would play some dirty pool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wanna find that match where there was some insane health scaling shenanjngans happening and somebody landed a regular heavy kick and did almost one third of a health bar. I also found out that the longer a round lasts the higher damage gets scaled.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I think that was loser's finals when Evil Eagle was playing Dao Long. I remember I lost a third of health from the charge kick.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The next Imp Zone Invitational game will be The King of Fighters 2000. This was the last game the original SNK made before being acquired by a pachinko conglomerate in 2000 and filing for bankruptcy shortly after. It's unique hook over most other kof games is the Striker System which is assists you can call at any time. Tutorial video on striker system:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZMdD5DQLDs

Also this is a mildly lovely KOF game with a weird gimmick which is why I chose it. Heres the signup page: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/vGigFTEaGa

Havent set a time yet but it will be on the weekend again. I can plan for any time Fri/Sat/Sun really.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ALso here's the obligatory KOF 101 video that peiople have been sharing for nearly a decade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I already love this game... I think this tournament is anyone's to win.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The strikers that have names like Another Benimaru or w/e are apparently prototype character designs from docs they had laying around from old games which is kinda cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

http://snk.wikia.com/wiki/Cosplayer_Kyoko

• Locked thread