Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Finding move lists for this is a loving nightmare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gamefaqs usually has stuff for older games https://www.gamefaqs.com/arcade/562977-the-king-of-fighters-2000/faqs

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

this game looks way more complicated than breakers and waku, this is gonna be rough on my peanut sized reptilian fightmans brain

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Yeah but you tell me your gonna look over at a second monitor at a monospaced crudely formatted FAQ to see the moves your gonna try after every other game in the world having a nice eventhubs page or neogeokult or whatever. I had to write the poo poo for 3 characters I sort of liked when I played against Lloyd on grid paper and I'm just gonna learn those because it's such a nightmare to find more moves.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

90% of the guides for this game are like split into teams and not even alphabetical.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah it's the teams on the character select screen

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Yeah... KOF is a much different beast than Waku or Breakers when it comes to movesets.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also yeah I wrote out a few moves on paper. But I probably already know what my team is gonna be because Terry Athena and Iori are universal constants

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

When I was getting into XIII I taped index cards with important moves for each of my characters on the sides of my monitor.

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

http://www.neo-arcadia.com/neoencyclopedia/king_of_fighters2000_moves.pdf is it kosher to post direct pdf links??

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Opened up KoF 03 for the hell of it...this game seems awesome. It's KOF but you can switch any time instead of just when you lose a round.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You can switch in 00 if you win too.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Wormskull posted:

You can switch in 00 if you win too.

Naw I mean like in Marvel vs Capcom. During the round

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Terry ftw. gently caress andy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is it legal to play as Kula? She's a secret character but I don't think she's an OP boss character and also she's my favorite kof character so it would be cool ( :grin: ) to play as her.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

Is it legal to play as Kula? She's a secret character but I don't think she's an OP boss character and also she's my favorite kof character so it would be cool ( :grin: ) to play as her.

There's secret striker characters as well, dunno if they should be legal.

There's apparently infinite combos that are competitively banned in this game, but I don't think that's anything we'll need to worry about.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I have no idea who I'm going to play

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I decided to pick Mary, Yuri and Leona and just focus on those since there's too many characters and looking up moves is a pain in the rear end for this game.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

I have no idea who I'm going to play

There's literally not enough time to try all the characters so I've just got to pick three out of the hat and learn how to do their moves without looking at the index cards on the monitor.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

practicing combos in mame is a pain in the rear end

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Think I'm gonna do Athena, K', and Andy. Seth worked pretty well as striker but I think he's the cheesy choice?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Athena is the cheesy choice which is why I use her in every KOF I ever play

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

Athena is the cheesy choice which is why I use her in every KOF I ever play

I just want to pay tribute to that godawful nes game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well she's not cheesy once you know how to deal wit her, but if you ever play somebody who doesn't really know what's happening, her constant teleporting, 6 different kinds of projectiles and brain dead cross up stuff with psycho shoot all shreds

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was playing with my buddy last night who went all random and he got a striker that was just a poorly made panda sprite that slowly walks across the screen and does nothing, has anybody found that one?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

Well she's not cheesy once you know how to deal wit her, but if you ever play somebody who doesn't really know what's happening, her constant teleporting, 6 different kinds of projectiles and brain dead cross up stuff with psycho shoot all shreds

Yeah, you were messing me up pretty bad yesterday... But I know how to roll now so I think I'll do better next time.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

I was playing with my buddy last night who went all random and he got a striker that was just a poorly made panda sprite that slowly walks across the screen and does nothing, has anybody found that one?

I think it's chins alt striker

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Mai and her alternate do that. Mai just shakes her boobs in the middle of the screen. I guess she's supposed to be a distraction or absorb a hit or something since I used her to block one of Lloyd's supers.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

someof them increase your health slightly or increase meter gain or decrease the other guys meter gain but all of those are terrible compared to a fireball that sends tho other guy flying

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I love the Dong...Hwan striker assist.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Mai and her alternate do that. Mai just shakes her boobs in the middle of the screen. I guess she's supposed to be a distraction or absorb a hit or something since I used her to block one of Lloyd's supers.

Mai does an uppercut. A lot of them have goofy animations for if they whiff

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Anyone use sanwa silent buttons? I'm​ think about picking some up. Are they as good as normal buttons?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

Anyone use sanwa silent buttons? I'm​ think about picking some up. Are they as good as normal buttons?

yes they are identical. the "silent"part is a felt pad.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Silent joysticks/buttons exist?!?!

noise is the main thing keeping me on a pad... how much quieter are they?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

P-Mack posted:

Check them out

https://www.focusattack.com/sanwa-obsfs-silent-30mm-pushbuttons-yellow/

Idk if there are "silent" joysticks.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

P-Mack posted:

https://arcadeshock.com/products/sanwa-denshi-jlf-tprg-8byt-sk-3rd-gen-silent-stick-high-tension i have the 2nd version of this, it's fine. bit weird without the click clacks. note that if you slam your hands around like an ape the joystick still moves around. the stick itself is pretty quiet. kind of wish i had a higher tension spring on mine like this one has apparently but its a 50 cent mod to add one so whatever.

https://arcadeshock.com/products/sanwa-denshi-button-30mm-solid-color-silent-obsfs-30-xx these are identical to standard sanwa buttons basically. convex round shape and very sensitive. basically the same shape as horis buttons if you have a hori stick, but raised high and more sensitive to pushing. see ya

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

if you spend more than 100 dollars at arcade shock they also give you some sttickers, i got some darkstalkers stickers. nice!

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

if you spend more than 100 dollars at arcade shock they also give you some sttickers, i got some darkstalkers stickers. nice!

cool, can't wait to see what I get at the $200 mark!

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

What time's the tourney on Sunday, anyway? 10:00 again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Probably afternoon/evening. Like 7PM EST?

• Locked thread