Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

:melter:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Tennis is too hard.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

tennis seems fun but the netcode is some kalliera level garbage

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I never had a issue with the Netcode since I rejected anybody less than 5 bars

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training please hold the tourney soon. If we wait another month Kongming might find a Zangief anti-air!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can do it tomorrow night.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I can't. Count me out I guess. My dan surprise was ruined anyway.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How about Wednesday or Thursday then.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Those are even worse.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Monday is the only day I can be home at 9PM EST reliably.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Maybe I'll just put it off one week, I'll be back next Sunday.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well I could do it tonight.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sunday seems more fair.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Sunday seems more fair.

Gives time for people to clear their schedule.

Hoping for some lurkers to sign up, get knocked out 0-2, and not utter a single word in the chat.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I hope for the return of LatinoFireSturmX and another epic exhibition match.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I hope for the return of LatinoFireSturmX and another epic exhibition match.

Nobody chats and flames in Fightcade 2 it sucks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I moved it to the 23rd https://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/guWHnsfaOd

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

P-Mack posted:

In Training please hold the tourney soon. If we wait another month Kongming might find a Zangief anti-air!

Either I'm just terrible or he doesn't have any good ones. Punch Lariat seems like his best one.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Kongming posted:

Either I'm just terrible or he doesn't have any good ones. Punch Lariat seems like his best one.

He's bottom tier on the old arcade tier lists.

He's near the top now but I think that's cause people who've been playing for twenty years can custom combo into spd on the slightest opening or whatever.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My 3 seconds of looking at the SRK wiki says PPP or the K-AC are his good ones.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

My 3 seconds of looking at the SRK wiki says PPP or the K-AC are his good ones.

I was brutally disrespecting PPP last night. AC needs meter but might be the way to go, make me think twice about spamming wall dive the whole match at least.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

unrelated but Rose's K-AC is fairly insane. What a cool character

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

It's kicking off in a half hour!

See you in the ring!

e: Sources tell me it may actually be tomorrow, prior announcements not withstanding.

P-Mack fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jun 24, 2018

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's tomorrow, not today. Sorry for your loss. Final call for sign ups though!!!! https://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/guWHnsfaOd

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Classic.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wow looks like RNJeesus is on my side tonight with the SGDQ Kick Off.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gonna kick off the stream in about a half hour. https://www.twitch.tv/in_training Hype!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Live with practice matches + seed shuffling. Pre-tourney hype!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Congrats to Abysswalker, who's SA name i forget, for winning the tourney!! drat fine bison play top to bottom, and had an especially thrilling loser's finals match that went to final round of the final game! Full VOD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ2NZfSuUCI

for this tourney i decided the winner will get to pick the next game to give everyone something to play for, and Abyss has decided on Twinkle Star Sprites, the classic 1v1 vertical shooter that merges bullet hell action with puzzle action competition. I've never played it myself, and this is a great chance to! I'll post a sign up page and a date/time in a few days, but it will likely be a SUnday in July.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Well guys it seems that In Training wisely waited until the weekend that Hurricane Irma would likely destroy power and internet and possibly cause me to have to evacuate to hold the Super Turbo tournament so I'm afraid I probably won't be able to play. Sorry to anyone whom was looking forward to rooting for me in the one game I feel like I could really pop off. Ah well... I guess it's for the good of the brand.

Lmfao

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Anyone been training for Twinklestar?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Well guys it seems that In Training wisely waited until the weekend that Hurricane Irma would likely destroy power and internet and possibly cause me to have to evacuate to hold the Super Turbo tournament so I'm afraid I probably won't be able to play. Sorry to anyone whom was looking forward to rooting for me in the one game I feel like I could really pop off. Ah well... I guess it's for the good of the brand.

lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

P-Mack posted:

Anyone been training for Twinklestar?

I was just planning on winging it

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

I was just planning on winging it

Are you going to "wing" accurately announcing the date of the tourney?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

O_O

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

P-Mack posted:

Are you going to "wing" accurately announcing the date of the tourney?

How about this Saturday. I don't think wormskull is going to sign up since it's not a FG, so there's gonna be like. 3 entrants instead of 4.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

It's as much a fighting game as Mario Tennis, Super Puzzle Fighter, or Street Fighter V.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/magU2fu5XX sign up page for the TSS tourney which will happen tomorrow at 9PM EST.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bymp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.twitch.tv/in_training Will be live shortly for the 3 person Invitational

• Locked thread