Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I might not make seven, could def do eight, though. nbd either way, I'm basically a bye round anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How's about 8PM EST for tourney start on Sunday

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

If it was a bit earlier I would definitely sign up, a 1AM local time tournament start is a little more than I'm prepared for.

Pteretis fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Apr 29, 2017

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I haven't been practicing this game much since I don't like it. lol

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
i havent practiced this at all besides figuring out how to do the snk short jump so im ready 2 get completely bodied

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Hat Thoughts posted:

i havent practiced this at all besides figuring out how to do the snk short jump so im ready 2 get completely bodied

I practiced a bunch and still cant hop

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i only do fast short hops in kof which is why i get repeatedly owned by anyone that knows how to play

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I feel like theres just something fundamental about KoF mechanics i dont understand i always feel so slow and weak in those games

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'll play KOF13 on PC if you want sometime. It's probably like 20 dollars or something and it's always going on sale.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

"Hehe, haven't really played this much"

[executes perfectly timed airthrow]

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tourney day hype! I think everyone is going to suck hard at this and the tourney is going to take a million years of time outs and random supers

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

same but the supers are going to whiff 90% of the time

If time is an issue maybe make losers bracket one match instead of two out of three

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

should have saved beating persona 5 for tonight instead of when the breakers one hapened. sad!

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

should have saved beating persona 5 for tonight instead of when the breakers one hapened. sad!

i put my own life on hold for persona 5 as it deserved

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

what time is the tourney again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8PM

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

HORMELCHILI posted:

I feel like theres just something fundamental about KoF mechanics i dont understand i always feel so slow and weak in those games

same. tho ryo and ralf are fun fellas!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gonna be live soon with KOF2000 action https://www.twitch.tv/in_training

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If you ever do a game that lovely again I'm going to start a competing tournament and bury you.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That was mildly miserable.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/139243650?t=01h33m26s

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

well, that was certainly a thing...

any ideas on next game? Last Blade?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im looking forward to seeing everyone play samurai showdown next week.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SamSho V Special, Last Blade 2, XMen vs Street Fighter, im down for any of those.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Do one people don't play anymore and it doesn't have 500 characters.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

LB2 would be good. Small cast, huge damage, simple controls etc.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I 'm all for LB2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hell if you play power lee you can Heavy x2 into Super for 80% damage. Incredible

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ban lee, he does not have a blade

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

kof2000

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

That was mildly miserable.

What happened?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

He picked a game with too many characters and too many mechanics and too strict of inputs to learn in one week, for employed adults.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And too short of time limits.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Idea for new tournament/ Super Smash Beotgers Melee.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Brother.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Make the next tournament in mugen using only dbz characters

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

GoldenEye, slappers only

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

What happened?

KOF2000 is a low damage KOF game which already has relative tough learning and also it had assists and random bullshit so it meant lots of time outs and nobody really knowing what they were doing. Live and learn though. I also think we will do two weeks between tourneys from now on, so theres more room to try stuff out.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

put another way, I won the tourney without a) doing the snk hop, b) landing a real combo greater than 2 hits, c) connecting with a super

check the replay if five minutes of spamming psycho ball and andy's kick jump thing sounds entertaining

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
I'm in for LB2

• Locked thread