Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I have my kid's birthday party on Sunday so I can't enter the thunderdome. I'm glad to help any pimps who need a practice dummy though, this game is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Why be a guy with a sword when you can be a robot policeman with a dog in it? Serious question.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Noob question, but am I seriously hobbling myself if I use a thumbstick instead of a d-pad?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I think it works on Tesse's teacups and wiener dogs

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Maybe we can do an evening tourney next time and alternate going forward? Afternoons are basically impossible for me.

Either way, glad this got me to check out a cool game I'd never heard of, looking forward to the next one.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Yobgoblin posted:

im ready to loving die

🐝bee lieve in ur self🐝

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I was playing with a Marurun Main for like an hour and I can't fricking get myself to be able to tell when he's ducking.

The feet stick out, that's pretty much the only difference.

e: I'm chilling in the waku waku room now, if anyone's down. Or maybe Garou if that's deffo the next game

P-Mack fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Apr 10, 2017

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Afternoon's gonna be tough for all the goons who have Easter Brunch obligations...

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

with two weeks to train, we run the risk of someone figuring out how to play

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

well I now know how to play 4 characters in breakers revenge. can't wait for this tourney!

which 4?

it's okay if u want to lie because ur playing the metagame

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

Tournament moved to next weekend btw.

Exact date/time this weekend set or still up in the air?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

I use Tia and learned one combo. I'm excited as well.

Im not sure if I want to use my one combo Tia or if I'm gonna pick Condor instead. Im pumped at how easy the spinning piledriver is to do in this, I spent my childhood never getting it to work with Zangief.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I, also, am going to play as Tia since she's newbie friendly.

Tia>Cammy

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Don't sweat it, it's not like the middle 3% got cut off.

Tourney was a lot of fun and im glad the Good Condor won.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Gotta say, watching that back makes me look pretty cool for a newbie. :smugbird:

Seriously, I'd never have guessed you started playing fightmans three weeks ago.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I've played them before but it was just one-off things and no regularity and like years between the times I did it but yea, more or less. I did spend time in training modes of SF4 and KoF13 at least trying to learn the various motions and terminology. It'll probably sound insane but something I keep thinking about when I play is when I watched the videos of gootecks and mike ross teaching Xavier Woods how to play Ryu in the SF5 beta.

I never really played much either, except for playing SFII obsessively for my entire time in middle school. Back then there was no DLC, so if you wanted 4 new characters you had to shell out for another $70 SNES cart. I'm glad the content providers are taking better care of us now.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

What is that circle on the ground? Did I breaker or something?

per the wiki

"Upon breakering successfully with anything but a jump, your character will have a green circle underneath their sprite for 9 frames"

Congrats on winning by actually using a central game mechanic!

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

this game looks way more complicated than breakers and waku, this is gonna be rough on my peanut sized reptilian fightmans brain

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

Is it legal to play as Kula? She's a secret character but I don't think she's an OP boss character and also she's my favorite kof character so it would be cool ( :grin: ) to play as her.

There's secret striker characters as well, dunno if they should be legal.

There's apparently infinite combos that are competitively banned in this game, but I don't think that's anything we'll need to worry about.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

I have no idea who I'm going to play

There's literally not enough time to try all the characters so I've just got to pick three out of the hat and learn how to do their moves without looking at the index cards on the monitor.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Think I'm gonna do Athena, K', and Andy. Seth worked pretty well as striker but I think he's the cheesy choice?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

Athena is the cheesy choice which is why I use her in every KOF I ever play

I just want to pay tribute to that godawful nes game

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

Well she's not cheesy once you know how to deal wit her, but if you ever play somebody who doesn't really know what's happening, her constant teleporting, 6 different kinds of projectiles and brain dead cross up stuff with psycho shoot all shreds

Yeah, you were messing me up pretty bad yesterday... But I know how to roll now so I think I'll do better next time.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

I was playing with my buddy last night who went all random and he got a striker that was just a poorly made panda sprite that slowly walks across the screen and does nothing, has anybody found that one?

I think it's chins alt striker

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Silent joysticks/buttons exist?!?!

noise is the main thing keeping me on a pad... how much quieter are they?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

if you spend more than 100 dollars at arcade shock they also give you some sttickers, i got some darkstalkers stickers. nice!

cool, can't wait to see what I get at the $200 mark!

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

What time's the tourney on Sunday, anyway? 10:00 again?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I might not make seven, could def do eight, though. nbd either way, I'm basically a bye round anyway

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Hat Thoughts posted:

i havent practiced this at all besides figuring out how to do the snk short jump so im ready 2 get completely bodied

I practiced a bunch and still cant hop

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

"Hehe, haven't really played this much"

[executes perfectly timed airthrow]

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

same but the supers are going to whiff 90% of the time

If time is an issue maybe make losers bracket one match instead of two out of three

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

well, that was certainly a thing...

any ideas on next game? Last Blade?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

kof2000

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

GoldenEye, slappers only

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

put another way, I won the tourney without a) doing the snk hop, b) landing a real combo greater than 2 hits, c) connecting with a super

check the replay if five minutes of spamming psycho ball and andy's kick jump thing sounds entertaining

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

I think I actually am going to use speed mode

I'm still trying to figure it out

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

I use power because I can't really get the handle on the combos in this game even though it's only got two buttons.

theres a third attack button, that may have been what tripped you up

but yeah I love that combos are basically optional cause you can gently caress people up so hard with just normal pokes

and SDMs are straight murder like they should be

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

I can do a full ABCABCABqcfC now and it feels​ awesome. Just need to figure another one out so I can do mix-ups.

I almost did it but whiffed the qcf C :-(

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

Also I'm using this opportunity to learn how to use a stick for 2d fighters. I'm used to using one for 3d games and I kept trying to guard using a button instead of holding back. It's slow going but by the time the tournament gets here I think I'll get used to it.

I just put together a stick but it's still too noisy to use when the missus is sleeping, even with the Sanwa "Silent" buttons. Still going to try to get some time in with it and experience the world of beautiful perfect half circles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Speaking of banned, is EX mode legal? It's secret but all the FAQs say it isn't any better.

• Locked thread