Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

You take 150% damage

I know, that probably pushes some of the supers into one hit KO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

I was going to just play one character this time, but again I ended up learning like 5 of them. Good thing too, because I found my ultimate character...see you guys this weekend.

u little tease...

I think this one is up for grabs, you can turn things around real quick with the high damage and I've seen some cool maneuvers in practice matches

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

The only issue I have with my character right now is that I can't get a full speed combo off. The super more than makes up for that though.

What day/time are we doing this?

Speed combo is tough, you need to time it right but I get so excited after the first hits land that I go too fast and blow it.

Takes so long to build meter in speed mode I'm kind of okay with just not bothering with it.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

He'll be back

he should drop :10bux: and hang with us, assuming he's not yet another insane giantess fetishist

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I can't find it on steam.

no hits on google, can only mean one thing...

we've been trolled

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

i see you want an answer on that donut

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

Yeah. im gonna start doing these again as the summer wraps up...this weekend I wanna put together a UNIEL tourney just to make sure my streaming stuff still works because my mic has been breaking recently but if theres no commentary than whatever, we can jsut appreciate the beautiful game.

NPB next plz

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

So when do we wanna do this, Friday, Saturday or Sunday? I lean Friday or Sunday, but I can do any day at the right time

I can do any day as long as it's after 7 est.

e: Assume were doing best of 3, this one should move along pretty quickly with the no life reset.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I haven't trained for this one but I'm gonna have fun anyway (unless everyone else plays sasquatch)

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

go head to head with the GoT season finale, that will drive twitch viewers through the roof

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

Sign Ups are now available for Street FIghter 2 Super Turbo http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/tcRQXtoPKa

Some notes:

- Old characters are legal.
- Akuma is legal for yobgoblin only
- Since ST moves fast this is going to be a 2-stage tournament. Round 1 is a Round RObin table containing all competitors playing each other in a BO3 to determine seed order. Round 2 will be a Single Elimination Tournament, where every match is BO5. To stream the first round i will be spectacting 4 matches simultaneously and will try to multibox it like sports recap shows

The Bible on ST mechanics and character info http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Super_Street_Fighter_2_Turbo

Super Turbo Hype! Ill add all this to the OP as well. The tournament will beheld on Sunday September 10th @ 9PM EST.

Two things

1. for round robin format, you don't necessarily need to do Bo3, could just be a set number of matches with each person and a point for every win.
2. Any special rules on char switching or just regular loser can change?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I'm so pumped for this, ST is the John Cena of fighting games.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

All of the cast is awesome as well, and fun to use. I'm having a tough time settling between Claw, Boxer and Fei Long.

I can easily see myself using eight characters before it's over.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Yobgoblin posted:

Im not playing akuma btw so it isn't rigged

lol if you suddenly switch back to him in grand finals

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

I'm going to use O. Sagat and spam fireballs, but I can't do a tiger knee so it will be mildly less annoying to fight against him

If you can do tiger upper I'll still hate you

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

mycophobia posted:

god I suck at this game

not as much as the pussies who didn't sign up

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

That was beyond epic.

it was disastrous, but in a way more entertaining way than kof2000

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Humbly suggest Street Fighter II: The World Warrior for next tourney.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

Let's have a Puyo vs 2 tournament

This.

I'd say Tetris too but I know there are some absolute monsters on this forum.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Nitro Plus Blasterz needs an imp tourney someday

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

windjammers is on FC and can easily be done. NPB is my favorite B tier fighter ever but people would actually have to buy it on steam to do a tourney and thats a bigger ask than this feature warrants.

Just run the tourney and whoever doesn't buy NPB has to play their matches in KoF2000.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Is Akuma legal in this one?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Somebody had better stop Cyclops from winning I don't care how much cheese it takes.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Excited to get everyone on voice chat during the tournament to sing along with the incredible soundtrack.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Oh well if it's that much better it's probably not a big deal to just do that, but then again part of the fun of the Tournys is playing games that even if their not the best, their still good.

Be warned, this is the exact logic that led us to play KoF2000.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I'll sign up last minute if I can get out of bed

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

This one has a bunch of crazy meter mechanics but I don't think they're mandatory to know about if your fundamentals are solid.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Hope everyone's got a chance to check it out, this is a rad game you can cut dudes in half and stuff.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Yobgoblin posted:

yeah, that one character you picked explodes in flames.

e: Kazuki

When you stand motionless for ten seconds to let me fully charge his fireball it does over 50% damage. Good poo poo.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Things you can do in Samsho V Special

Cut a dude in half

Cut a dude's soul in half

Put bowling ball sized holes in a dude using a magic orb

Straight up eat a dude

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I strongly recommend playing this one a bit ahead of time, quite a few imps have found it to be weird and frustrating at first but once it clicks it's a lot of fun.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

It's true, it's got a pretty particular feel. And this is the first time in one of these that the character I like isn't SSS god tier so I have to actually kinda learn the game

I thought you were playing Ukyo, who did you switch to?

e: Mizuki is apparently worst or second worst character in the game, but it might be one of those things where she's fine up until your opponent finds the hard counters for her bullshit.

P-Mack fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Nov 7, 2017

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Does SSV still have Charlotte? I've only ever played the first one.

Yeah I think she's in every one.

I think I'm gonna play random again, I like most of the cast and fatalities and supers are a common input.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

I switched to kazuki because if you 412x he does a counter move where his upper body explodes and his pants catch on fire.

I hate it cause for some buffer/priority/me being a retard reason I always get it when I try to 214c.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Looking to have some new blood for this tourney. Regulars have been training hard and sharpening their steel, but there's still time for an imp with big dreams to hop in and make themselves famous.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

I don't think I'll ever repeat the glory that was my breakers victory

I need to win to erase the ignominy of my kof2000 victory

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

The nice thing about this one is that you guys who are too cool to practice will kill each other in quick, bloody, and entertaining fashion, since you don't actually need to know anything to do insane damage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmFDtMw2Ee0

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Some of the more interesting mechanics in this game:

Kazuki can launch his fireball while on the ground.

Yunfei has a command grab that steals meter.

Yoshitora has an absurdly good special move where he actually uses his enormous sword, but the game will not let you use it unless you've landed his other six specials previously in the match.

Gaira's command throw does more damage if you spin the joystick during the animation.

Shizumaru has a TAP like move but you can change the button being held down as long as you press the new one before releasing the old. Alternately, you can activate it with start button without losing charge. It charges between rounds and is a one hit KO after 80 seconds.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training please confirm you will be streaming clips from your Best of Zaitoichi box set prior to start time, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Yobgoblin posted:

the next tourney is gonna kick rear end.

It will if we actually pick a game for it... Hopefully FC2 opens up soon and we'll have more options that we haven't already played or played something similar.

• Locked thread