Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Been playing as Arina, and having a hell of a time. This is essentially my first fighting game I ever played against other people in. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I signed up but I'm only available from 10pm-3am on tuesday through saturday. On Sunday usually after 6pm is alright, and monday I usually got all day.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Waku Waku 7 is the only game I know how to play, so anything's whatever to me.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I was playing with a Marurun Main for like an hour and I can't fricking get myself to be able to tell when he's ducking.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sorry I was gonna but then I took a nap and when I woke up Lloyd wanted to show me the ropes in Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo. I liked Cammy the best.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I loaded it up today to set up buttons and I like how waku waku looks better but it seemed cool. Only messed around for 5 mins tho.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If your like me and you were annoyed by how huge the chat and vs text in game is go to ggpofba-ng.ini in the config folder and find nMaxChatFontSize and change that. I changed mine to 18.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

I'm thinking Saturday evening?

Can it be 10PM EST. I have to work and it would piss me off to be training 2 weeks and not get to play because you hosed up the schedule.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Also Ultra Street Fighter 2 on Switch.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Punk Juri is spicy AF tho.

Holy Crap.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fightmenm
vgc

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's Bob Odenkirk.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I, also, am going to play as Tia since she's newbie friendly.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

P-Mack posted:

Tia>Cammy

Not to this gamer.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I ain't even started to try learning combos in fightmans yet... I been sort of playing defensive and basic, so I can see how other people play and learn from that. Plus I still haven't quite been able to see where I could actually use a combo anyway, as far as picking out reliable times to bust them out or practicing my Hit Confirming or whatever.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That weird guy who was in the chat wasn't kidding about DLC5... Their selling halloween costume sets for 70 dollars in DOA5...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well anyway I do in fact own the full version of that game and now it's installed, so if that's the next game or someone wants to play it, you know where to find me. #fightmans

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This was seriously hosed.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Gotta say, watching that back makes me look pretty cool for a newbie. :smugbird:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I've played them before but it was just one-off things and no regularity and like years between the times I did it but yea, more or less. I did spend time in training modes of SF4 and KoF13 at least trying to learn the various motions and terminology. It'll probably sound insane but something I keep thinking about when I play is when I watched the videos of gootecks and mike ross teaching Xavier Woods how to play Ryu in the SF5 beta.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The only breaker I was sure of yesterday was the very grand finals. In Training did it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Finding move lists for this is a loving nightmare.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Yeah but you tell me your gonna look over at a second monitor at a monospaced crudely formatted FAQ to see the moves your gonna try after every other game in the world having a nice eventhubs page or neogeokult or whatever. I had to write the poo poo for 3 characters I sort of liked when I played against Lloyd on grid paper and I'm just gonna learn those because it's such a nightmare to find more moves.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

90% of the guides for this game are like split into teams and not even alphabetical.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You can switch in 00 if you win too.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I decided to pick Mary, Yuri and Leona and just focus on those since there's too many characters and looking up moves is a pain in the rear end for this game.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

I was playing with my buddy last night who went all random and he got a striker that was just a poorly made panda sprite that slowly walks across the screen and does nothing, has anybody found that one?

Mai and her alternate do that. Mai just shakes her boobs in the middle of the screen. I guess she's supposed to be a distraction or absorb a hit or something since I used her to block one of Lloyd's supers.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I haven't been practicing this game much since I don't like it. lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'll play KOF13 on PC if you want sometime. It's probably like 20 dollars or something and it's always going on sale.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If you ever do a game that lovely again I'm going to start a competing tournament and bury you.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Do one people don't play anymore and it doesn't have 500 characters.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

He picked a game with too many characters and too many mechanics and too strict of inputs to learn in one week, for employed adults.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And too short of time limits.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I was gonna play Kojiroh in the tournament but I'm afraid I won't be here to participate. Farewell.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Maybe XMen VS SF. That game is really fun. I kinda wanna do something 3D but thats harder to do than just using fightcade, or requires people to actually buy games.

That's bullshit.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If you sdo that it should be a relaly cheap lovely game or [i]something[/i. I seen a "Traidional 2 D fighting game:" but with anime fighting game style character sht etother day. Theres mad fightmans on Steam.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I can't find it on steam.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

Cammy's lock on super made me ragequit

It's one of the easiest to whiff Supers in all of Street Fighter history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

• Locked thread