Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ban lee, he does not have a blade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I think I actually am going to use speed mode

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

P-Mack posted:

I'm still trying to figure it out

I can do a full ABCABCABqcfC now and it feels​ awesome. Just need to figure another one out so I can do mix-ups.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm focusing on Speed Kagami right now but I want to make Setsuna work too. This game is great.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Also I'm using this opportunity to learn how to use a stick for 2d fighters. I'm used to using one for 3d games and I kept trying to guard using a button instead of holding back. It's slow going but by the time the tournament gets here I think I'll get used to it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Like in the speed combo mode? You don't need to mix those up really, if you hit the first one you can always finish the combo

Nah, you can always keep it going if they block too so I was thinking the other speed combos might have mix-ups built in. The first hit though is high or low depending on whether you hit a or b after down down (not sure which is which).

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

P-Mack posted:

I just put together a stick but it's still too noisy to use when the missus is sleeping, even with the Sanwa "Silent" buttons. Still going to try to get some time in with it and experience the world of beautiful perfect half circles.

Aerial half circles were killing me, then I found out that I could do a 270 or 240 and that would work as a half circle input for some of Kagami's moves.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Oh duh, of course. Can you deflect a speed combo ?

I'm not sure but I'll try and test that today.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

You definitely can deflect both the initial move of a speed combo and the Xbox itself.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Yes, the Xbox. Not the combo.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I was going to just play one character this time, but again I ended up learning like 5 of them. Good thing too, because I found my ultimate character...see you guys this weekend.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The only issue I have with my character right now is that I can't get a full speed combo off. The super more than makes up for that though.

What day/time are we doing this?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I can get it with the other characters that I use, just not this one for some reason. Her timing is weird, I just need to practice it. Even without the combo I still like speed mode more for this character.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Wormskull posted:

I was gonna play Kojiroh in the tournament but I'm afraid I won't be here to participate. Farewell.

Don't worry, I'll keep her spirit alive.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

They can rot

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

THey were an external assassin hell bent on destroying the sanctity of the Imp Zone Official Fighting Game tournament. Thank you turtle man for saving us

He'll be back

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

This was the best match of the evening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9VW4tX5yx4&t=2950s

There's also some choice Power Centipede clips to track down

the best match was the one where your fba crashed and missed half of it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

god

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

:salt:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

what's the next game

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I can't get in to xmen vs sf so I think I won't train for this next tourney at all.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I thought that this was the one with shuma gorath but I don't know which one I was thinking about now.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'll try again later, I just might not be cut out for 6 button games.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Well theryre fighting each other or Street Fighter characters. Unless, you honestly think Cammy is on the same power level as Magneto or Wolverine, let alone, the Juggernaut?

Cammy's lock on super made me ragequit

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

No he's not.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

you should stick to fightcade games for these probably

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

going to hit you with my jon talbain

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Representing Mountain Time here.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Playing Jon Talbain if he's in the one we're playing. The vsav games are so weird because there's 3 or so of the same game with seemingly random character selection

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sunday is fine with me

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

what a surprise...IT gets the bye

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm going to sit this tourney out as a protest for this shameful date selection

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I want to play but might miss it depending on the time. sundays are usually clear for me but something came up today

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm back, just in time to learn the controls

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Plus you missed a bunch of them

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

yob could have taken it all had he not purposefully scalded himself

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Let's have a Puyo vs 2 tournament