Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

SUre thing. You can download the client here: https://www.fightcade.com/ The interface will list a ton of games, including specifically what ROM (or set) it requires. Once you finish dumping your Neo Geo cart to your pc, put the file in the ROM directory where you installed fightcade and then you can play online! its pretty magical that it works tbqh, its cool that all these old games have pretty much flawless online functionality.

once you have it installed you can challenge yourself (double click on your name on the right hand side player list) to enter a 1P mode and bind inputs and mess around in arcade mode.

Dont forget to legally dump your neogeo system bios as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Also someday everyonen try matrimelee and breakers revenge they are legitimately good.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I like dandy 7

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Dandy j is my persona

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pole-Jack Norsemen posted:

He's mine actually, and his Cheerleader friend w/ the heaving chest and combat cat are included in that package as well. Back up

stfu you goddamn newb

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

P-Mack posted:

Noob question, but am I seriously hobbling myself if I use a thumbstick instead of a d-pad?

do whatever you want there are no rules

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mycophobia posted:

who is kongming45. dude destroyed me

heres a hot tip arinas projectiles can be punched and destroyed

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mycophobia posted:

like...all her projectiles? unconditionally?

yes

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

not sure if it works for other characters projectiles tho, like not-terry bogarts floor fire thing

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

not me :twisted:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

practicing combos in mame is a pain in the rear end

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

someof them increase your health slightly or increase meter gain or decrease the other guys meter gain but all of those are terrible compared to a fireball that sends tho other guy flying

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

Anyone use sanwa silent buttons? I'm​ think about picking some up. Are they as good as normal buttons?

yes they are identical. the "silent"part is a felt pad.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

P-Mack posted:

Silent joysticks/buttons exist?!?!

noise is the main thing keeping me on a pad... how much quieter are they?

https://arcadeshock.com/products/sanwa-denshi-jlf-tprg-8byt-sk-3rd-gen-silent-stick-high-tension i have the 2nd version of this, it's fine. bit weird without the click clacks. note that if you slam your hands around like an ape the joystick still moves around. the stick itself is pretty quiet. kind of wish i had a higher tension spring on mine like this one has apparently but its a 50 cent mod to add one so whatever.

https://arcadeshock.com/products/sanwa-denshi-button-30mm-solid-color-silent-obsfs-30-xx these are identical to standard sanwa buttons basically. convex round shape and very sensitive. basically the same shape as horis buttons if you have a hori stick, but raised high and more sensitive to pushing. see ya

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

if you spend more than 100 dollars at arcade shock they also give you some sttickers, i got some darkstalkers stickers. nice!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

should have saved beating persona 5 for tonight instead of when the breakers one hapened. sad!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

P-Mack posted:

Speaking of banned, is EX mode legal? It's secret but all the FAQs say it isn't any better.

You take 150% damage

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

all the french ppl use lee and pwn me

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

who played akari he was the only person who seemed to know how to play this game

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Cant wait for the rigged brackets where the op some how "plays" all the people who signed up but dont show up

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Well guys it seems that In Training wisely waited until the weekend that Hurricane Irma would likely destroy power and internet and possibly cause me to have to evacuate to hold the Super Turbo tournament so I'm afraid I probably won't be able to play. Sorry to anyone whom was looking forward to rooting for me in the one game I feel like I could really pop off. Ah well... I guess it's for the good of the brand.

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i haven't signed up becasue i don't remmeber my password. owned.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mycophobia posted:

cant' get a fuckin dp to come out to save my life

goon bless

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

you probably aren't hitting down or downforward cleanly. if you get a hadoken you went to far with the df. if you get a crouching punch you didn't hit df clean.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Yobgoblin posted:

I respect those who choose not to abuse it.

Please shut up

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

make it real bout fatal fury special or real bout fatal fury 2 instead imo

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

i played matrimele for 3 seconds and nearly puked and booted up Fatal Fury Special and this game is Godlike. Tjhis will be the next tourney, next Sunday!

real bout fatal fury special or fatal fury special

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

real bout come out 3 years later and is better + more characters imo. they're both good tho and not bad like matrimelee

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Oh well if it's that much better it's probably not a big deal to just do that, but then again part of the fun of the Tournys is playing games that even if their not the best, their still good.

imo it should be a real bout game there's literally no reason not to

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

P-Mack posted:

Be warned, this is the exact logic that led us to play KoF2000.

anyone who isn't a newb knows its bad

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lars only :barf:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

A lot of big names weren't playable on fc1 like Alpha 2, or sfIII without fan patches and crap. Also they expanded functionality to thousands and thousands of arcade games

alpha 2 worked fine

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

whenever I tried to play it projectiles disappeared

it worked fine when i played it with ppl and theres thousands of hours of brazilians playing it on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpJStwAtT3g

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i wont be around on sunday an d if i am i'll be watching the most imoprtant gaming event of the year thats right the tekken world tour finals in san francisco

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i could even drive there to play dbz and geese howard...

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'm not going to train anything or look up system mechanics

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Aw sheet wrong thread

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

They made Fightcade 2 locked behind a Patreon paywall which seems legally dubious since its software exclusively designed to play pirated copies of old arcade games online

isn't it just snes games? well, whatever

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

y'all freaks still playing Blazblu Cross Tag after opening weekend? Thinking about picking it up tomorrow (ps4 probably). Had a great time with the demo as a FG noob

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITBGjNEp08

• Locked thread