Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
Having an explanation for what you've been doing is better than a gap. Especially assisting family, etc.

When it comes to jobs usually I suggest accepting whatever comes along to get some cashflow going. However if you think the job will be a problem you do need to make a decision. Either the job will be harmful to your mental health or it won't. You may find that your previous job may have had an environment that contributed to how you felt, or it may be that where you were mentally at that time could be the reason for your perception. I'm not sure which it might be, and potentially it may not be clear to you. I do not know for sure.

You could try a job that is offered and if it isn't good for you look for another job while working there. At worst resign, it's better than just drifting off and not turning up. Really it's a balance between working and having a rental, or staying in your current circumstances. Which would be better for you?

With respect to credit you just have to deal with it being where it is for now. If it stops you from getting a place just accept that and move onto the next place until you find somewhere. Once you are working somewhere you'll be able to working on improving you credit for rental purposes. Usually I don't even recommend bothering about credit ratings as they fix themselves over time anyway if you keep up on any credit payments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

ServoMST3K posted:

Should I err on caution and go for a cheaper apartment like 600 a moth plus utilities so I can save up for emergency funds and stuff as well? I would hang around for a while and save even more while living at home but I want to move out sooner rather than later once I can even remotely afford it.

In general you should go for a cheaper place. Moving out and then having large rent costs isn't great for the budget. You'll have a bit of adjusting to do and you'll find you're missing stuff that you need, etc. Keeping costs low will help avoid getting stressed out about money.

• Locked thread