Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

ServoMST3K posted:

Yeah I definitely won't mention depression or mental health during an interview, I agree that people can be bastards.

I have another prospect lined up that I was hoping to hear about by the end of the week. It's through a staffing agency, and the agency is family owned so it seems like they're a good bunch. It's entry level production work which hopefully I'll be able to handle better than human service stuff.

Edit: also thanks for all the advice so far, it's way more than I was expecting to get!

Good luck on the application and let us know what you hear!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

ServoMST3K posted:

Well the interview went pretty smooth today, I got a tour of the entire facility. It's a pretty interesting operation, they do all sorts of imaging of dental patterns and then develop orthodontics and stuff all in house. I think it's a company I'd like to work for since it's family owned.

They're interviewing a few more people this week then I should hear back early next week about whether I got chosen or not. If I do get chosen then there's a three day work interview which is paid, and they see if you're a good fit for the position.

I'm glad I still have other prospects brewing just in case. You guys were right to suggest not banking too hard on something before I got an offer.

Also, thanks again for all the advice folks!!

Glad to hear you think it went well!

I agree with everyone else suggesting that you don't immediately jump into a new lease right after you get a job. Baby steps :)

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

OctaviusBeaver posted:

When you get home from work immediately take a walk or go for a run or ride your bike or whatever you do stay active. It's really easy to get home, sit in front of the TV/Computer and not get up for the rest of the day. If you are active right off the bat you can break that habit. After you've been there a couple months you probably won't be quite as tired though, the first few weeks at a new job are always exhausting.

I agree with this. Couches have powerful butt magnets inside them, but you can counter the effect with 20-40 minutes of physical activity right when you get home.

• Locked thread