Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

ServoMST3K posted:

I'm worried that if things go well and I actually get a job like this I might get demotivated and end up quitting like I did my previous jobs. It just hasn't really set in that I need to work to survive since my mom and dad have provided for me and would continue to do so if I wasn't looking for employment. Does anyone have any advice for staying upbeat and committed to working through these feelings of apathy and uncertainty?

It makes a lot of sense that you have no motivation to work given that your financial needs are being met. If your parents are happy to provide for you, and you have no career ambitions, then why work? The only thing I can think of is self esteem, and also being employed is a big boost in the dating world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Why scum? If your parents can afford it and don't have qualms supporting you its a nice life without anyone being harmed? If I was a parent I would not unconditionally fund my kids into adulthood, because I think you do become a better person having some purpose in life and that usually comes from working (but it doesn't have to!)

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Settle down, I've been working since high school. Just thought it was an interesting point of discussion

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Yeah, probably not, so I'll drop it. Something about SHOAH NUFF's original post just rubbed me the wrong way.

:tipshat:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I would suggest saving up a few months of expenses as an emergency fund before moving out, even though you want to move out ASAP. even a months worth of expenses can be the difference between missing a rent payment when you are between jobs.

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Did it start with the name, maybe?

What's wrong with my name?

• Locked thread