Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Godspeed You! Black Emperor!
This poll is closed.
f#a#infinity 11 25.58%
Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada 3 6.98%
Lift Yr Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven 12 27.91%
Yanqui U.X.O. 3 6.98%
Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend! 11 25.58%
Asunder, Sweet and Other Distress 3 6.98%
Total: 43 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Welcome to Dwarf Fortress: Imp Zone Style!

In this thread you can

a) make suggestions to names, ect
b) help me understand this insanely complex game (I'm a genius IT guy, make 90k a year now, but this game is very in depth)
c) ?????
d) profit!
e) make some cool art of the Dwarfs or events and I'll add it to the second post

I will keep updates on both this OP as well as the posts in the thread with updates. Any questions, just ask! Also I'm single.... so ladies feel free to PM me.

Part One https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3815431#post470905426
Part Two https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3815431#post470905972
Part Three https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3815431&pagenumber=1#post470906489
Part Four https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3815431&pagenumber=1#post470907268
Part Five https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3815431&pagenumber=1#post470907993
Part Six https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3815431&pagenumber=1#post470909207
Part Seven https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3815431#post470910282
Part Eight https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3815431&pagenumber=2#post470930044
Part Nine https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3815431&pagenumber=2&perpage=40#post470931095
Part Ten https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3815431&pagenumber=2#post470941043
Part Eleven https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3815431&pagenumber=3#post471005107

NAMES TO BE ADDED TO MIGRANTS

Jerkops (:b:erkops)
Flerg Blisterbutt
Hormel (alcoholic)
Konomex
Mod with HIV
Blind Sally
Dwarfing List
-Stront
-Pleasing Fungus
-Aston (slut)
-Munchables
-Plutonis (incel)
-Addamere (soldier)
-StrangeAeon (female)

Part One: Lets Meet the Squad

Meet one of the hundred mods of Imp Zone, In Training. She is a very old, very jealous dwarf. She also has AIDS according to the text, so I'm not sure how long she will be with us. She also doesn't care about truth, and wants to master a skill, most likely Fighting Games.
She Needs Alcohol to get through a work day... and she has a poor memory and gets angry easily.

Meet the fortresses world famous Rapist, Net Cafe Scandal . This guy is in every town, in every city. You probably know somebody just like him. As a serial rapist he is part of the Umbral Oil, a rapist collective.
He is tall of course, smart, displays classic sociopath traits with a little CEO psychopath trends for a nice mix. He is also 87 loving years old, so he has been raping for awhile. He loves bogeymen for their terror-inspiring antics.
He dreams of raising a family ... most likely to rape them.

Skylark is very chill. She is the "Stacey" of the squad. Basically a true 10/10 (above 9.5 doesn't really exist but she is as close as you can get) She is pretty, and tall, and has long hair that is neatly combed. GBS hates her. She also respects commerce.

Average Bear is the Pipe Finder, if you were ever asking "Now where could my pipe be?" She probably knows the answer or could find out quickly. She has a huge long nose (:siren:)(:zion:). SHE LOVES GOLLLLLLLLLLLLLD (LOL austin powers 3 anyone?)

The resident WWF fan, Wormskull loves muscles and things on top of a pole or forklift. She respects the Russo WCW era as well as the attitude era. She finds artwork boring af.

The gently caress up of the Squad, every squad needs one though. Larry is a loving manlet cuck, he is 3 inches tall, he worked at 7/11 before being sent out on this expedition. He is literally a loving piece of poo poo and EVERYONE hates his loving guts and wouldn't feel bad if he was dead LOL. He smells like loving garbage and gets bossed around by everyone. He has a foul temper, he is also actually mentally retarded. He has a narrow head and he is ugly as sin. Honestly gently caress this guy.

Last but not least... Lumpy The Cook. This gal just wants to combine GBS and D&D into one forum, called Current Events most likely. She shaves her head (...?) and she can imagine a world where Chapter 3: Peace came out.

Black Baby Goku fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Apr 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
fan art incoming

frank.club fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Apr 1, 2017

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Reserved for Fan Art

Black Baby Goku fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Apr 1, 2017

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Part 2: An Unexpected Journey

Jesus loving christ is this really what the game looks like lol? My god this is bad.... I might just uninstall this game.

Black Baby Goku fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Apr 1, 2017

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Part 3: Okay I read the quickstart guide so I'm good now...

IT ALL SEEMS SO SIMPLE NOW! YOU JUST FOLLOW THIS!

How hard could it be, just a simple YOSPOS style flowchart and bam! my IT genius mind was able to comprehend this game much better!

Right.... so we need to make a decison here before we even get started:

-Ghost Train Haze
-Don Shula
-El Tange
-Gods Sage Shatter

Black Baby Goku fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 1, 2017

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
can you hit like all of them simultaneously

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Good Dumplings posted:

can you hit like all of them simultaneously

Absolutely

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Part 4: I'm loving high and everything is taking a long time to do

The guide after spending 1 hour reading the first few paragraphs because I had to read it 3 or 4 times to even understand a basic amount of the start of this game told me to dig a channel down into the z-axis (this is a great way to start a game, in my opinion) and start my fortress below ground. I thought dwarves lived in mountain sides, not under the loving earth, but whatever.

The guide also told me to assign labors, using a total of 45 sub menus to get into the Labor menu. I have no idea what this does but I hope it helps me in some, non obtuse, way.

OK. Cool. I understand this. hiting d twice lets be dig, oh and to show me underground one z-level I only have to hit shift and . then >M >T/1/5 and then CTRL+Z to see one level below me. Simple.

Black Baby Goku fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Apr 1, 2017

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
Accurate first time player experience, subscribed

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Part 5: The edibles I ate are kicking in, they were called "Firecrackers",

Layout of the dig site on the first floor underground.

The Miners get to work digging out my floor and Average Bear, The Pipe Finder, has become a miner!

Apparently I need a big stockpile on my first floor, so people can just waltz right into my dug out loving hole with a channeled sloped entrance and steal everything I have so here it is!

And the >>>> are some stairs I'm building down to the second level, well technically negative 2 or z-2 or whatever. I guess this floor isn't good enough. uhhh also I hit K to look if I dug into soil, so I hope I can grow plants on sand.... or else, well... I need soil. Is sand a soil? I looked online and couldn't figure it out because yes, some plants do grow in sand, cactus much? Didn't think so. Anyway can someplease please answer this so I can continue this LP? Thank you.

Black Baby Goku fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Apr 1, 2017

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Now where could my pipe be?

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
you can grow crops in soil above ground but underground you need mud for something to grow. you can either dig out the wall of a pond and flood a room, or order your dwarves to start a bucket brigade if you have some spare buckets and a water source. for the bucket brigade youll need to set up a water zone and a pit/pond zone with i. for the water zone youll need to mark the tiles adjacent to the water source and for your pond you can just mark a single tile at where you want your farm plot to be

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Robot Randy posted:

you can grow crops in soil above ground but underground you need mud for something to grow. you can either dig out the wall of a pond and flood a room, or order your dwarves to start a bucket brigade if you have some spare buckets and a water source. for the bucket brigade youll need to set up a water zone and a pit/pond zone with i. for the water zone youll need to mark the tiles adjacent to the water source and for your pond you can just mark a single tile at where you want your farm plot to be

What...

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Stoned playing Dwarf Fortress

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Part 6: Can I grow crops on sand Part One

The Prophecy...

so I created a stockpile inside and the dwarfs are talking their sweet rear end loving time hauling their poo poo inside.

I created a giant trash pile outside my den, I hope the smell doesn't seep in, because having Larry down in the den is loving awful enough as it is. You know what, let the trash smell in, it might actually help LOL. Larry loving stinks like loving poo poo!

I accidentally hit Z, here is that screen, it looks insane to me at the moment.

My Meeting Room so the dwarves get the gently caress down here and stop standing around outside like fucktarded assjackets!

Black Baby Goku fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Apr 1, 2017

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Average Bear posted:

Stoned playing Dwarf Fortress

BBG, please name one of your first migrant children Jerkops

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Part 7 Can I grow crops on sand Part Two: Stoned Playing Dwarf Fortress and Listening to Speaking in Tongues (1983 - Talking Heads).

I created a stock pile right outside my base so I could get my wood wet or something? I'm not quite sure about this myself... I also created a water source zone, hoping to catch fish and maybe be stream drinkers like the people in Columbia, PA, who are mentally braindead and all have next-level STDs.

Fucktard Larry is in charge of farming, probably one of the most menial tasks since the dawn of man. Lets hope he doesn't gently caress this up. Also it's annoying you have to set up EVERY season on every crop, on every farm. God thats tedious. I also built a still so I could make alcohol because we have some alcoholics in our Squad.

Digging out Z-2 to make some workshops so I can get into the meat and potatoes of this game, Building Things.

Farms are done and each season is accounted for. Larry you BETTER not gently caress up our crops or I will personally inject you with AIDS.

This is very strange. I wonder if something went wrong... is the legendary rapist getting too old?

Black Baby Goku fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Apr 1, 2017

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

extremely steampunk posted:

BBG, please name one of your first migrant children Jerkops

Added to the OP list

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Feel free to post some fan art already. I'm at the barcade drinking and trying to score

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lol! funny april fools joke by the LP mods trying to mess with this LP I was actually looking forward more to. [In Borat voice] Not! BBG, please remake the thread in a better forum.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm sorry you feel that way.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Plutonis posted:

[In Borat voice] Not!

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

What is this nonsense.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Uh I hope all the actual images were saved

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

which big stupid baby changed the OP to all that boring poo poo? jesus christ

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

krusty is so loving funny!!!!!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
LOL

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lol.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm not gonna gas any thread or deface any post because I'm not a loving human being

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

LMFAO. Wait a minute, OP, did you really accidentally load up Super Mario World? And what's with Krust the clown, is that a real character.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

LMFAO. Wait a minute, OP, did you really accidentally load up Super Mario World? And what's with Krust the clown, is that a real character.

:supreme:

edit: this isn't a smilie yet? WTF?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

OP can some dwarves be named for the dog Krusty as well as weedwolf? That would be loving amazing. In a recent epic battle, Krusty (dog) made a tremendous contribution to charity.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
best dwarf fortress lp i've seen all day

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
jesus christ

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Ahahahah

Subscribed for real content. Stayed for popcorn.

It's bad because even without the pictures I knew what you were describing in the game. I don't see the code man, just goblin, dwarf, elephant.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I really hope the pictures were saved. What a loving stupid move.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i like GY!BE and i like this thread

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Carefully rated 5

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Also I wanna suggest Flerg Blisterbutt as a recruit and you can even use this handy graphic for him :scrunt: to make this truly interactive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tin Tim posted:

Also I wanna suggest Flerg Blisterbutt as a recruit and you can even use this handy graphic for him :scrunt: to make this truly interactive

added

• Locked thread