Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Godspeed You! Black Emperor!
This poll is closed.
f#a#infinity 11 25.58%
Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada 3 6.98%
Lift Yr Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven 12 27.91%
Yanqui U.X.O. 3 6.98%
Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend! 11 25.58%
Asunder, Sweet and Other Distress 3 6.98%
Total: 43 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Ahahahah

Subscribed for real content. Stayed for popcorn.

It's bad because even without the pictures I knew what you were describing in the game. I don't see the code man, just goblin, dwarf, elephant.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I really hope the pictures were saved. What a loving stupid move.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i like GY!BE and i like this thread

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Carefully rated 5

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Also I wanna suggest Flerg Blisterbutt as a recruit and you can even use this handy graphic for him :scrunt: to make this truly interactive

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tin Tim posted:

Also I wanna suggest Flerg Blisterbutt as a recruit and you can even use this handy graphic for him :scrunt: to make this truly interactive

added

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Average Bear posted:

I really hope the pictures were saved. What a loving stupid move.

yeah im slowly adding them again plus smoking more weed

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blind Sally posted:

i like GY!BE and i like this thread

thank you sally

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Godspeed You! Black Emperor is the Wario to King Crimson's Mario

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The Reconstruction of the Dwarf Fortress Let's Play

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
sorry all, I'm going to have to fix every image before I continue this, and whilst being Stoned, so expect a true update later today

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Looking forward to the continuation, and looking forward to maybe reading some more threads in this forum since that incompetent mod is finally gone. Add me as an Alcoholic Dwarf please, and just to let you know, youve already got my fives. :D

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The Reconstruction of the Dwarf Fortress Let's Play
I will smoke a weed to support

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

HORMELCHILI posted:

Looking forward to the continuation, and looking forward to maybe reading some more threads in this forum since that incompetent mod is finally gone. Add me as an Alcoholic Dwarf please, and just to let you know, youve already got my fives. :D

added

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Side Poll:
He Has Left Us Alone but Shafts of Light Sometimes Grace the Corners of Our Rooms
Born Into Trouble as the Sparks Fly Upward
"This Is Our Punk Rock," Thee Rusted Satellites Gather and Sing,
Horses in the Sky
Thirteen Blues for Thirteen Moons
Kollaps Tradixionales
gently caress Off Get Free We Pour Light on Everything

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
i stand by bbg in these turbulent times of mod fuckery

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I fixed it all, updates to resume soon

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Nanomashoes posted:

Side Poll:
He Has Left Us Alone but Shafts of Light Sometimes Grace the Corners of Our Rooms

I liked this album.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Nanomashoes posted:

Side Poll:
Horses in the Sky
Kollaps Tradixionales

input your answers here:
http://www.strawpoll.me/12654794

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nanomashoes posted:

Side Poll:
Horses in the Sky
Kollaps Tradixionales

A LIttle God In My Hands

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Part 8: Soooo loving glad I had to waste literal HOURS having to fix my loving LP because the mod of this forum has HIV... THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Okay cool this is z-level 2 and these are gonna be my workshops to have uh... quern? or craftsworksdwarf shop? what the christ...

Great, I can't make a drink becauce I don't have a barrel, totally ruining my plans for having a brewer and mill? maybe I will just build some barrels..... also I'm smoking weed called Alien Space Pop....70% indica....Top Shelf

Building my barrels, wow this was easier than I thought!

WHAT the evershitting christ? It just SAYS I found rose quart.... lets take a look outside to see if I have wood (lol)

gently caress this game

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
how did you drown that cat

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Robot Randy posted:

how did you drown that cat

I didn't know I did

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Aren't there like mods or tiles that make the game not look like braille?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tin Tim posted:

Aren't there like mods or tiles that make the game not look like braille?

no loving idea, figured just downloading the game as it was intended was the right idea....

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
dig deeper, you want as deep as possible bc that's where the good stuff is, also your guys will get practice at digging and will do it super fast

could've sworn there's one plant that's literally cave weed but I'm not seeing it on the wiki, maybe it's a mod?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Part Nine : A Relationship Most Foul

Okay so they are putting wood in the stockpile now so I can hopefully make barrels to start brewing muh booze into.. lets see how my Dwarves are doing!

No... gently caress no... poor Wormskull. I'm so sorry. NOBODY SHOULD BE MADE TO FEEL THIS WAY!

Typical Stacey... am I right?

OKay..as long as the rapist feels satisfied by his work, I guess all is well..

I'm finally able to brew some loving drinks. Thank god

This is the third z level down. Z-3. This is where all my bedrooms are going to be... don't know why they aren't digging them out as we speak.

Black Baby Goku fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 1, 2017

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

no loving idea, figured just downloading the game as it was intended was the right idea....
I never played myself but can't imagine it being possible without having an ascii cheat sheet up at all times until you've absorbed all the symbols into your brain

Also I like that our dwarves are just slamming booze straight out of the barrels or from their bare hands and I think they should never get cups

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tin Tim posted:

I never played myself but can't imagine it being possible without having an ascii cheat sheet up at all times until you've absorbed all the symbols into your brain

Also I like that our dwarves are just slamming booze straight out of the barrels or from their bare hands and I think they should never get cups

well its like, if I squint my eyes I see what it is. If you hit K it will tell you whatever your cursor is over, so over time it actually is just starting to look like what is supposed to in my mind

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Whoa spooky

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
big update coming

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Part Ten: We have to build a wall.

Okay I create like a trash pile or something in the 1x2 spot on the left, but decide I don't like it because I can't figure it out and I start to dig out another store room for gems and stone to the east.

I build a trade depot the first floor so traders can come and we can, erhm, trade....things. I have no idea how this works yet, and I can't put any items here so :shrug:

Okat the store room on the bottom is totally filled and has all wood and two gems for some reason?

Third level down, the bedrooms, they are finally all finished and I'm working on giving every dwarf a bed and a door so they feel comfortable jacking off without another dwarf having to here or see it. Everyone needs privacy.

I'm setting some nobel roles for the dwarves I have and I make lumpy the expedition leader, the bookkeeper, and the uh manager. I make the Rapist, NCS, the broker. He will handle deals.

Building an office for Lumpy right on the second floor , which means if there is ever a reverse 9/11 from the bottom up, he might be able to get out in time, depending on where the reserve plane hits. Either way building 7 was a controlled demolition. Don't trust what you read.

Right above Lumpys office and the stairs I make a store room for food, start to build a dining hall for dwarves to sit down and eat, plants, or something together. Do you remember what corn flakes tasted like, or are you just remembering what the matrix told you to remember?

I give net cafe scandal an office on the third floor, we are talking VP of Sales or something here. He will most likely survive a terrorist attack. He is also a rapist.

I set wormskull to cut some gems so hopefully we can sell them for women, or slaves of some sort.

Oh gently caress no... I forgot to build a wall.... this was bound to happen once "they" noticed our flourshing economy and great paying jobs.

The list of undesirables

Updated with the names from the OP that people gave, and jobs if they listed it. I have 4 more spots, so just post and I'll add it!

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
I really enjoy the steady pace, I'm sitting here thinking you're just taking forever to do anything, and that's probably true. I think if you put bins or barrels or something in the storeroom they'll put stuff in there and then not cover everything in wood.

Could I get a dwarf named after me sometime so I can watch him get mutilated by a squirrel or whatever the hell happens in this nightmare of a game.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Konomex posted:

I really enjoy the steady pace, I'm sitting here thinking you're just taking forever to do anything, and that's probably true. I think if you put bins or barrels or something in the storeroom they'll put stuff in there and then not cover everything in wood.

Could I get a dwarf named after me sometime so I can watch him get mutilated by a squirrel or whatever the hell happens in this nightmare of a game.

absolutely, and I tried, they don't put wood or whatever in barrels, I tried

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I need names people

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
put mine in the game

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Dumb Fucker (named after me)

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blind Sally posted:

put mine in the game

Mega64 posted:

Dumb Fucker (named after me)

added

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Black Baby Goku posted:

Fucktard Larry is in charge of farming, probably one of the most menial tasks since the dawn of man. Lets hope he doesn't gently caress this up. Also it's annoying you have to set up EVERY season on every crop, on every farm. God thats tedious. I also built a still so I could make alcohol because we have some alcoholics in our Squad.

wait did you make a bunch of 1x1 farm plots? when you place them you can resize them

• Locked thread