Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,

EvilHawk posted:

Genuinely cannot believe anyone can't see that's a straight red card every day of the week. You're nine foot tall fellaini, just don't even bother bending down and you'll be fine.

Just charge Sergio as well for running up to him/daring him as well, and we're good. Little bit ABU usually, but it would be hilarious to slap Aguero with a 4 game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Well I just watched the highlights and unless being tripped twice in 10 seconds and missing a complete sitter is an offence I don't see that aggers has a charge to answer.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

RideTheSpiral posted:

when did tapping your forehead against a player become an instant red card accepted by every referee, pundit and commentator?

When did tapping the back of someone's head with your fist become 'assault', it's political correctness gone mad.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Strawman posted:

When did tapping the back of someone's head with your fist become 'assault', it's political correctness gone mad.

im sorry mate but I dont think tapping someones head is assault

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

RideTheSpiral posted:

when did tapping your forehead against a player become an instant red card accepted by every referee, pundit and commentator?

This is a troll right?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Please do NOT troll

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

RideTheSpiral posted:

im sorry mate but I dont think tapping someones head is assault

it's not, it's battery

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

CyberPingu posted:

This is a troll right?

im melting down

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Fellaini was a loving idiot and deserved the red, but don't pretend like it wasn't just a normal dumbass head to head flashpoint that you see often, that Aguero sold incredibly well.

Swap Toure with Aguero and they're both just getting a talking to.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
It was one of the most obvious headbutts I have seen in recent history. It's not a 'coming together of heads'. I'm sorry for your broken brain if you see this any other way.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Ninpo posted:

Fellaini was a loving idiot and deserved the red, but don't pretend like it wasn't just a normal dumbass head to head flashpoint that you see often, that Aguero sold incredibly well.

Swap Toure with Aguero and they're both just getting a talking to.

Lol if you really think any other player on that pitch (on either side) wouldn't have sold it through same way.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XpEoCvW2Wo

Still the best Utd headbutt.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Yeah he got the other teams player sent off in a derby, what did you think he was gonna do lol

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

CyberPingu posted:

Lol if you really think any other player on that pitch (on either side) wouldn't have sold it through same way.

Lol if you think I said that I guess?

Hoops posted:

Yeah he got the other teams player sent off in a derby, what did you think he was gonna do lol

Hence "Fellaini was a loving idiot and deserved the red". Do you lot bother actually reading posts or just trip over yourselves to mash reply as soon as you see a United fan post?

Ninpo fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Apr 28, 2017

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Fellaini is a scumbag and so is Aguero, both are equally dirty, one is just a lot bigger than the other but they both love to elbow people in the head

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
both teams suck and useless Arsenal will pip them to fourth

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Ninpo posted:

Hence "Fellaini was a loving idiot and deserved the red". Do you lot bother actually reading posts or just trip over yourselves to mash reply as soon as you see a United fan post?
Did you read your own post haha, there were words after the bit you've quoted

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Ninpo posted:

Lol if you think I said that I guess?

Fine let me rephrase...lol if you think that it was Aguero's acting that was the reason Fellani was sent off...if he had done that to any other player it would have been the same outcome.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lmao it's so clearly a headbutt and straight red. Aguero walks over to him and Fellaini stretches his giraffe neck down to headbutt him on the forehead with no additional movement from Aguero to make contact. It's not a very powerful headbutt but the fact that Fellaini sucks at everything doesn't mean he didn't headbutt Aguero.

Frankly though United fans should be happy he got sent off because it means Mourinho can't play him in the run-in.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

In game it's important to judge the difference between a gentle nudge and a hard push, but I'm okay with a binary "Did he or did he not" decision when it comes to altercations between players. I don't care if you punch him or flick him on the nose, :getout:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Fellaini would have gotten away with it if he hadn't butted Aguero again after Aguero pulled back.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

If fellaini hadn't ducked his head Aguero would have walked directly into his chest and looked like an idiot. What is the loving midget going to do to him haha

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

EvilHawk posted:

If fellaini hadn't ducked his head Aguero would have walked directly into his chest and looked like an idiot. What is the loving midget going to do to him haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vmj5uwJ_YA

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
What are you idiots going on about?

According to the rules of the game Fellaini deserved a red. Aguero also deserves punishment for being a little scrote, but that's beside the point. There's really nothing to discuss.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Spurs have confirmed they'll play at Wembley next season. RIP Spurs being good.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Going to be rough trying to find streams for the Championship a few years on.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

PirateBob posted:

According to the rules of the game Fellaini deserved a red. Aguero also deserves punishment for being a little scrote, but that's beside the point. There's really nothing to discuss.

Think about the law!

What happens when you headbutt another player?

In the eyes of the law, that's a red card.

What happens then?

In the eyes of the law you have to leave Manchester.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Der Shovel posted:

When Fellaini inevitably gets a three game suspension for his stupid red card antics, the ban will be as long as the one given to Paul Robinson for literally punching out an Aston Villa player.

What are you trying to say?

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Xabi posted:

What are you trying to say?

headbutting someone is less bad than punching someone because a guy on the team he chose to support headbutted someone and a player from some povvo local side punched someone

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

PirateBob posted:

This kind of evenhanded commentary is why we listen to the TraffordCast

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing

TelekineticBear! posted:

Fellaini is a scumbag and so is Aguero, both are equally dirty, one is just a lot bigger than the other but they both love to elbow people in the head

I think you'll find Fellaini is the bigger scumbag.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

People used to punch each other in games like these, now they tap each other on the head and fall over. Football is dead

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Fellaini's confused "what the gently caress?" is the best part of this

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Amazing games today, just phwoar

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

oliwan posted:

Amazing games today, just phwoar

Honestly don't ever remember seeing such a lovely lineup.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

blue footed boobie posted:

Honestly don't ever remember seeing such a lovely lineup.

Arsenal's last team sheet lol

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Don't know what you all are complaining about. This is the day we've been waiting for for 5 years: the day Sunderland finally go down.

Gonna pour one out for our homie brap

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Ninpo posted:

Arsenal's last team sheet lol

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Sunderland get relegated today plz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

TheBigAristotle posted:

Think about the law!

What happens when you headbutt another player?

In the eyes of the law, that's a red card.

What happens then?

In the eyes of the law you have to leave Manchester.

But I thought you were supposed to be punished for headbutting?

• Locked thread