Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
Hey, it's April and we're talking about Australian Politics!

Join the conversation with all of us here. Latham, Cameron, Dean and all

In Recent News:
Julia Gillard has taken over Beyond Blue. This has caused a lot of frothing rage from people who think women belong knocked up and in the kitchen (so anyone who votes for the LNP and half of the ALP voters).

The government has successfully managed to filibuster their own 18c bill and tank then watch it tank. Bill Leak died for nothing.

Centrelink is still loving the poor hard.

Tony Abbott continues to be a glaring hypocrite by being the Rudd to Turnbull's Gillard, despite the fact that Rudd was actually popular with people and unpopular with his party, where Abbott is unpopular with absolutely everyone. (Yes, this was in the last OP. It is still relevant)

WA election came and went, turns out the Libs got hosed hard but so did the state

The Parties and Their Leaders:

The Liberals

Lead by Malcolm Turnbull George Christensen, the Liberal/National coalition stand for all that's w/right in Australia. They're currently sitting on a minority government with a slim margin, and dealing with sniping from former leader Tony Abbott. Universally reviled SA senator Cory Bernardi recently left the party to form his own conversative party (bringing the count of Australian conservative parties up to loving 5) so hopefully this it the last time we'll ever need to talk about him.

Lab-ah

Run by Bill Shorten Joe De Bruyn and the Shoppies Union, the Labor party stands for regaining power and doing whatever the right faction of the caucus wants. Shorten's current strategy is to sit back and watch the Libs eat each other.

Pauline Hanson's One Nation

Despite the name this party now simply copies whatever dear leader Trump does. They have 4 senate seats thanks to a Double Dissolution election and are gaining power in WA and QLD.

The Greens

Australia's only truly left party, the Greens look to leader Karl Marx to light the way while some faux-leftie named Di Natale sends out Facebook posts and tries to ignore the SALTies attempting splits in NSW.

Get your rage on and post below

If you feel the need for more chins in your posting we're also on irc
#auspol on synirc
IRC Rules: Don't be a shithead, don't say racist, sexist, or nasty things. Don't discuss verboten topics.

edit:

Ora Tzo posted:

Not quite what you wanted, but i suspect it'll suffice.

NATIONALS_ENVIRONMENTAL_POLICY.mp4
https://my.mixtape.moe/cnyprg.mp4

Bogan King fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Apr 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
First post

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Is it loving if you wank to your friend's erotic obituary about Bill Leak?

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Yes it counts as getting laid but if your balls touch the obituary it is :gay:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Are dark stormy nights and sullen looks involved?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Give your kid a normal name like Caleb.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Anidav posted:

Does anyone know specifically why QLD Labor is so desperately in bed with Adani? Like there's hundreds of reasons for them not to be but they still insist.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-01/abbott-announces-leadership-challenge/8404860

Re posting for the April thread

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Like has anyone done a QLD Labor X Adani mega post?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

$
$$
$$$
$$$$

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
I reckon they might also be under a ton of pressure from the CFMEU to support the mining industry but that's just my feelpinion

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

AFLW is now being called a grooming tool for lesbians to indoctrinate young girls. :australia:

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

While I'm busy making GBS threads up my own thread this seems like an appropriate thing to post. I'm not going to bold the choice parts because it's all top shelf lol.

Buzzfeed posted:

One Nation leader Pauline Hanson has written to the National Broadband Network (NBN) Committee asking for her chief of staff James Ashby to take her place during hearings and site visits next month, according to a letter leaked to BuzzFeed News.

Hanson claimed she was unable to attend committee hearings and site visits in New South Wales, Victoria and Tasmania on April 19-21 due to "another parliamentary engagement".

"In view of this I seek the Committee's approval for my Chief of Staff, James Ashby, to attend the site visits associated with the Public Hearings, so that he is able to fully brief me on the NBN-related facilities in those states," she writes.

Hanson wrote that "if the Committee agree" to her request, she would seek to extend it to include "other meetings of the NBN Committee which I am unable to attend".

Her request was rejected by the committee, but has raised concerns among the majority parties about the way One Nation is operating, and the power that Ashby may yield.

"I am not aware of any other situations where staff attend committee hearings in place of their members and senators," a current member of the NBN Committee told BuzzFeed News, on the condition of anonymity.

"In my view it would not be possible for a staff member to participate ‘in the shoes’ of the member or senator at a hearing."

The Coalition government removed one of its own senators, the Nationals' John Williams, from the NBN watchdog committee to make way for Hanson last year after a majority of senators voted against her appointment.

Hanson said in October she would use her role on the committee to represent regional Australia and work to improve the level of its telecommunications and internet services.

Williams told BuzzFeed News he was disappointed Hanson was not turning up to committee hearings after she took his spot on the committee.

"Welcome to the busy world of Senate hearings Pauline," Williams said.

"They are Senate hearings - not Senate staff hearings and inspections... I would be surprised if the committee allowed a staffer to represent their senator," he said.

One Nation doesn't have an official policy on the NBN but Hanson has previously said she wants the rollout revised, and is in favour of a combination of fibre to the node and wireless technology.

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

Anidav posted:

Like has anyone done a QLD Labor X Adani mega post?

Labor likes mine's because it means a sudden increase in jobs during the initial start-up/construction of the mine. Increased employment, especially in the sacred cow that is mining, always looks good to the public and would probably give them a few good news cycles. Plus the more mining jobs the better for the CFMEU.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Adarni aren't winning in the courts atm

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Bogan King posted:

AFLW is now being called a grooming tool for lesbians to indoctrinate young girls. :australia:

From 12:10 in here if you want to listen.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Last I heard they weren't winning with the banks either.

Doesn't help that coal looks like a pretty awful investment in general right now

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bogan King posted:

First post

lmao

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

So we're starting to move inline with Trumpistan. I'm surprised that this is as little as we're doing but give us time.

"The ABC posted:

Passengers flying to Australia from three Middle Eastern airports will be subject to additional security checks on the basis of national security advice, the Federal Government has confirmed.

From next week, passengers flying from Dubai, Doha and Abu Dhabi will undergo random explosive detection tests and targeted screening of electronic devices.

Federal Transport Minister Darren Chester said there was no specific threat to Australia and the extra security was a precautionary measure in line with action taken by the UK and US governments.

These new measures do not include the bans on electronic devices being used in cabins on passenger flights.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Isn't that pretty much all European flights into Australia?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Bogan King posted:

From 12:10 in here if you want to listen.

If everyone is overage and consenting adults why the gently caress are they calling it grooming?

Sticko
Nov 24, 2007
Outrageous Lumpwad

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

From memory l flew via Bangkok once, but I don't remember ever seeing one that doen't stop in one of those 3 in the last 2 years. Looks like I'm getting screwed by this next week.

Sticko fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Apr 1, 2017

Meat Miracle
Oct 24, 2010
Nah, it says the testing is random, so I assume it will randomly affect only flights with brown people on them.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

hooman posted:

If everyone is overage and consenting adults why the gently caress are they calling it grooming?

Because that's the homophobic way to insinuate they're like pedophiles. As if young women have no sexual agency at all and there's some kind of abusive power imbalance between older and younger women. You know, like men.

Sticko
Nov 24, 2007
Outrageous Lumpwad

Meat Miracle posted:

Nah, it says the testing is random, so I assume it will randomly affect only flights with brown people on them.

I'm tanned, darky curly haired and scruffy enough that I get stopped as it is. So I'm definitely getting stopped 'randomly'.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Guys I need your help. Ross Cameron was ranting on Alan Jones' Sky News Show and send that if you can find an article in the Sydney Morning Herald [homosexual] or the ABC about the positive benefits of coal to Australia and the world he will take you out for dinner at Beppi's in Sydney.

Please help me.

https://twitter.com/Beppisrest/status/847635435853496320

https://twitter.com/Beppisrest/status/846936794511892485

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Guys I need your help. Ross Cameron was ranting on Alan Jones' Sky News Show and send that if you can find an article in the Sydney Morning Herald [homosexual] or the ABC about the positive benefits of coal to Australia and the world he will take you out for dinner at Beppi's in Sydney.

Please help me.

I will certainly help you - by advising you to not go to dinner with Ross Cameron just in case it's contagious. It's not worth the risk.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Please help me.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-04/us-election-trump-working-mans-hero-in-logan-county-coal-country/7993230

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-20/hazelwood-closure-leaves-major-energy-black-hole-prices-to-rise/8367826

Basically anything by Uhlmann will fit.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Just make sure you put a :fork: in him when you're done. :ese:

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
If you end up at the table with him, ask Jonesy if he really did gently caress those teenagers he coached at that school.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Please help me.

make him eat it

Fresh coal served with coal, salsa
verde & coal topped w fresh basil leaf. A warm welcome
awaits @COAAALLL

CATTASTIC fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Apr 1, 2017

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CATTASTIC fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Apr 1, 2017

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
i forget my original point

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Stolen for the OP

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

QUACKTASTIC posted:

i forget my original point

do one with a carp

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY

gay picnic defence posted:

do one with a carp

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Someone photoshop his face onto the David Lynch version Baron Harkonnen and put the lump of coal on the white suited heart plug boy that he kills while enjoying an oil shower.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Apparently the UWA Dean of Business was just spotted on ABC pretending to be a pensioner, and thanking Turnbull for the company tax cut and pensioner power bill assistance.

Oil; Guillotine; Etc.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Starting next year you can do Perth-London direct with Qantas for a mere 18 hours of your life, but for now... No, there are still options through Singapore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Don Dongington posted:

Apparently the UWA Dean of Business was just spotted on ABC pretending to be a pensioner, and thanking Turnbull for the company tax cut and pensioner power bill assistance.

Oil; Guillotine; Etc.

the gently caress??

• Locked thread