Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Don Dongington posted:

Apparently the UWA Dean of Business was just spotted on ABC pretending to be a pensioner, and thanking Turnbull for the company tax cut and pensioner power bill assistance.

Oil; Guillotine; Etc.

A university Dean did that? Does the university still support him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Chaos! Absolute Chaos!. How dare someone worse off from an agreement force it to be re-done just because the rules says you can't be worse off!

quote:

"And let's be very clear that people under enterprise agreements get paid more than people on awards."
. After the entire article makes the point that, no, not everyone IS paid more.

I'm actually very surprised that President Trumball hasn't changed the rules yet - I guess he's confident the Shoppies will be able to create another deal that dosn't disadvantage the corporations again.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Kikki.K staff face automatic penalty rate cut when Fair Work ruling comes into force

quote:

Staff at one of Australia’s largest stationery companies, Kikki.K, will have their public holiday and Sunday penalty rates cut without any opportunity to renegotiate when the Fair Work Commission’s new ruling comes into force under a newly formed workplace deal with their employer.

Store managers at the gift and stationery chain appear to be the first employees covered by an enterprise agreement who will directly face cuts as a result of the commission’s ruling on penalty rates.

Because clearly we need to lower wages to make housing affordable*.

------------------------
*Actually I think I heard that argument today on tonight's PM, so what do I know.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Apr 10, 2017

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
So, what VPN should we all be getting? Everywhere says "shop around!" and neglects to actually say who works beyond "AUS VPN's are great! (and presumably motioned directly by ASIO?)" or "US VPN XYZ is great, only it slows your connection down to dial up and you have to manually try different servers every day but at least it's secure from ASIO (and not the NSA?)".

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

So the criminal stole 1 million dollars, may need to pay a fine of 12% and keep the other 88% because "he's old"?

Clearly he's making growth and jobs like President Turmball said too.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
ABC Radio PM is having one story or interview *every night* this week about it I think. Or it might have been RN Breakfast. Or both, I lost track.

Something strange going on.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Could this result in a vote of no confidence if the commission jails him?

quote:

Liberal MP Stuart Robert tells CCC he bankrolled independent council candidates to block Labor

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I heard on the radio news that Mikala Cash(?) said that the Bush dosn't *need* internet connections and can get fine with what small business needs and they don't need city speed connections and it's fine that YOU PEOPLE don't have super fast NBN like those people in million dollar houses in Sydney,

Hey Green members? Get a TV ad up done with a clip of her saying it. Screen it in regions and have a local greens member, representative or someone else local to stand in front of it and say "We the Greens Support the people in the bush. The Liberal National Party does not. Here's an example. (Play the clip). The Greens don't believe that rubbish. We believe everyone should have fast internet to do their jobs, do their schooling and do their future (cut with shots of people in industry (solar if you insist!), farming, school kids). The LNP thinks you don't deserve a future for you or your family. Remember this at election time, we won't forget you, unlike the LNP who do".

Spend the money now, don't wait.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Apr 20, 2017

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Shunkymonky posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/apr/20/dutton-alleges-manus-shooting-rampage-sparked-after-refugees-seen-with-boy

So... Dutton pretty much just made up some crap inferring that it was pedophile refugees which led to the shooting.

Like he's always been an evil repellent piece of poo poo but my god.

So Dutton is arguing that people in his full control, at his camp, with his private security force, are doing things.

Clearly the boy was being lead TO Dutton.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

I am so very happy that we have men of this talent running our country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Another building developer (of apartments this time) is going kaboom. That sound you hear is the housing bubble.

• Locked thread