Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Anidav posted:

HELP

We now return to our usual programming:

Capitalism During Cyclone Debbie in Bowen:

Yeah, the build up to Yasi in Cairns was pretty gougey as gently caress too.
We just filled our bathtub with water the noon before landfall (Yasi was slated to hit just north of Cairns initially, but veered south and landed at Mission beach and did almost nothing except power outages in the Cairns area... Mount Isa was "excited" about the prospect of finally being met by a Cyclone during Yasi too).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Cleretic posted:

I don't think she knows what 'punk' means, but has decided that she is one.

Some old punk guy (I don't like Punk music and have an especial level of hate for early British Punk, so I didn't recognise who it was or care) came onto a British ?morning show? and said that Punk was all about Brexit and Trump.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

It will be the second Family First candidate, Lucy Gicuchi.

Oh my god Pauline is going to flip the gently caress out.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

JBP posted:

I was wondering if people under 30 who aren't used to the old name or whatever might have thought differently. Stop being weird and projecting.

I grew up with mostly Ayers Rock, but I haven't heard anyone call it that in over a decade.

DancingShade posted:

Nutters united are rather dangerous.

Diverse nutters that don't agree and argue are their own circus performance.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-11/who-is-lucy-gichuhi-from-kenya-to-possible-sa-senator/8433686

tl;dr:
"I was poor and needy and I didn't need government handouts so why do you? Why yes, I was from a third world country. Child labour is fine."
"She said her Christian faith was the backbone of her political beliefs." (that one is an actual quote from the article).

I don't want her anywhere near a position of breaking a deadlock on a Liberal budget, or anything related to a religious issue. I don't care if she's an African Australian woman.

EDIT: Would I like it more if it was Bob Day? No. Give the senate seat to someone else I find less bad. UNDERMINE DEMOCRACY FOR ME NOW.

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Apr 13, 2017

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Senor Tron posted:

Family first got votes for a seat, with that being the case it's better for it to come with more diversity than be held by another old white man.

I don't like her, but I didn't vote for her. I'm not going to cry in my sleep if it's determined she can't be the senator, but realistically how much damage can she really do?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Countless comments complaining it no longer says Easter on their eggs, on a post containing a picture of an Easter egg saying happy Easter on it.

Resulting in a post stating that (summarised) "We love Easter (it makes us so much money) we just don't brand all chocolate 'Easter Eggs' or 'Easter Bunnies' during Easter. My loving word, calm the gently caress down guys."

As a sidenote, does anyone know what happened to Easter Bilbies?
Are they still a thing, or did that get killed?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Thank you.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Everyone involved has to pretend it's not a bubble outwardly so that they can convince others to start or keep investing until they can make a return. It's essentially a ponzi scheme.

Isn't it also a case of "We're the Liberal party and we so very desperately don't want this bubble to blow up on our watch"?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Learning about the fascist hate of Cadbury's makes me feel so much happier about buying all the on sale Cadbury chocolate I've been buying lately.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

open24hours posted:

Why can't the cronies work in public transport instead of gas and roads?

They do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

No crocs 0/10.

• Locked thread