Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Starshark posted:

*In extremely internet voice* Yes, I can't see a problem with beating people who disagree with you!

Agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

*extremely liberalism voice* We must best the Nazis in the marketplace of ideas!

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Kim Jong ill posted:

I wonder who, historically speaking, has been more effective in the use of violence to settle political disputes: Hardcore fascists or comfortably middle class progressives? I don't think the punch a Nazi crowd really grasp the end game of legitimising​ violence as a part of the political discourse...

Yes they do

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Whitlam posted:

Has anyone seen any predictions about when the housing bubble might pop? I mean I know nobody can put a specific date on it, and we're at the when, not if, point, but are we probably talking like within the next say five years? Possibly less?

Personally I'm kind of excited for it to go. Not for all the people who'll go bust, which is sad, but because I finish uni this year (touch wood), and I already have a great job and healthy savings account, but just lol at the idea of buying now. Incidentally most of my friends are struggling to find work and can't even rent, let alone begin to think about buying.

You probably won't have that great job anymore if there's a housing crash

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

AgentF posted:

I'm easily willing to believe the idea that the Coalition want the housing bubble to burst on Labor's watch and then they can blame them for it. Whenever the Liberals wreck things by stupid tax cuts that slash revenue and cause future budget problems, the effects are delayed enough to only be noticed once they are out of office. With practice they could very well get good at the timing of this.

If there's any thing the major parties will reach a bipartisan agreement on (other than sending refugees to torture island) it's doing whatever they can to keep the bubble from popping. Both parties are filled with property hoarding aristocrats and a market crash will wipe out their livelihoods, regardless of who takes the blame.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Who among us has not run headlong into a wall while racing a computer?

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Manchild King posted:

Makes sense. A wider anti bullying campaign is the logical thing to do. Kids get bullied all the time over anything at all that makes them different. Not all bullying is around sexuality.

do both

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
and lol if you think it's about rationalising programs and not about the liberal party hating trans people

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Recoome posted:

hahaha there are so many people lining up to be an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Worker

Weird thing to train for overseas

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
pen bobjie

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Starshark posted:

Something I didn't know: Larry Pickering is going to die. :(

We're all going to die

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
When NAIF agree to fund the rail line, which they will, one of the banks will flip and fund the rest of it.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

NPR Journalizard posted:

and was paid a lot of money to do so.

by a paper that is pretty much propped up by real estate advertising.

The paper that has never been profitable in its entire 50 year history.

Like Sky News, The Australian is welfare for Australia's worst political and media personalities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Essendon was an outer suburbs when these dipshits were buying their first house

• Locked thread