Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Last I heard they weren't winning with the banks either.

Doesn't help that coal looks like a pretty awful investment in general right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

UWA is the uni that hosted that anti-science climate "research" thing so probably.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...or-legal-advice

The garbage fire continues

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Laserface posted:

Woolies offered me a $500 giftcard for my 'inconvenience' as they called it.

reminder the inconvenience was that their BBQ cleaning brush broke down doing its only job of cleaning a bbq and left wire bristles all over the grill which I then got stuck in my throat for 2 days.

not sure if I should pursue it further or just take it. I spoke with a laywer who suggested that its $10k just to get the case heard in court before fees, and on top of that they are likely to drag the case out over years.

$500 cash would be more beneficial than a voucher for a shop Im already basically stuck buying from anyway.

Surely if it's a solid case some ambulance chaser would take it with no upfront fee

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Serrath posted:

Isn't Australia also a signatory to the refugee convention?

But they never made it to our migration zone so it doesn't trigger our responsibilities

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

NPR Journalizard posted:

Our migration zone is currently the 50m area around Uluru, yeah?

:thejoke:

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

If you keep slashing wages eventually rents go down

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

ewe2 posted:

Meanwhile in the land of Moron, a stupid lady has an important message:

https://twitter.com/SBSNews/status/851572099302932480

ahahahahahaha don't tell her, this is an educational opportunity.

Without looking it up I'm Just gonna assume that Lindt or the other products there are halal

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Does she think that's a vote winning move?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Not as funny as the old perth nazi guy who rides the train in his 20kg of gold chains and his swastickas everywhere

(I'm sure duck monster can provide his name)

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

When you decide to break the law to take drugs you aren't always high yet

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Does Pauline's party application form have a question asking for proof of racist credentials or something?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Lid posted:

Blast from the Past

Bike Chat

It couldn't possibly be from pedestrians stepping out into roads without looking either.

I nearly hit 2 people who did this to me on one 50 stretch of busy city road earlier in the week. And I've hit someone in the past who walked out into grade separated bike paths without looking, luckily that one was uphill so I was only going ~25km/h

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-22/andrew-twiggy-forrest-pushes-for-expansion-of-centrelink-cdc/8463006

What the everliving poo poo

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Mad Katter posted:

I feel really sorry for the guy who lost his dad, but bike registration would do absolutely nothing to prevent future accidents such as this.

What do you mean? Cars have never hit pedestrians since they required registration and even if they did it probably wouldn't be fatal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Tokamak posted:

Bad debt is spending money to make sure people aren't starving or dying. I can't imagine what good debt is.

:eng101: it's just a shell game. As long as you have a capital budget bigger than the deficit you only have "good debt"

They are just trying to neutralise the ability for labor to use it as a big mallet around the head

• Locked thread