Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

$
$$
$$$
$$$$

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Man, if Bob Day loses his seat outright and PHON gets a smackdown from the feds this would be a really great month

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Jonah Galtberg posted:

Rumblings about the EBA system and One Nation fraud? Nah, I think I'll post about loving sausage sizzles :goonsay:

Until Pauline calls it fake news there's not much more to say on Con Nation

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Solemn Sloth posted:

Repeal defamation law now

Phew, something else for Turnbull to talk about that's not the budget

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Man, if Bob Day loses his seat outright and PHON gets a smackdown from the feds this would be a really great month

Woooooooah-oh, we're halfway there...

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

ewe2 posted:

I suspect Jesus wouldn't be happy about it.

https://twitter.com/lanesainty/status/849453518473883649

Why are conservatives so drat bad at humour?

"Courteous = lead them around like cattle" okay.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Those atheist fuckers removing the very name of the eggs that Jesus himself layed

No, no, on the third day Jesus rose from the egg!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Scylo posted:

weird because reportedly the entire airfield, 12 planes and 4 soldiers were killed. must have been ghost planes and soldiers, left behind after it was empty

4 soldiers killed in an air base is an incredibly low figure

The story is they fled by foot or car so that explains the planes

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

:rip:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Should just be a knob between the headphones

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Lid posted:

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/syria-hoax-sydney-university-at-centre-of-proassad-push-20170410-gvi5kq.html

I know you were done for the Hilton Tim, but come the gently caress on.

Also if you ever want a laugh check out the website for the Centre for Research on Globalisation. It is hilariously blatant in being funded by the Kremlin.

As soon as this guy came up on Media Watch it was clear that he's a lefty who also listens to Infowars. Is there a good reason he still has the position he has?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Lid posted:

He was an oppressed lefty that was in all likelihood framed for the Hilton bombings so he gets freedom of speech points for being strung up by Roger Rogerson and his ilk. Apart from that no, no good reasons.

It's one of those frustrating situations where because someone was done by and has a story their flaws are outright defended or ignored. See also: the African American woman who was given a speech at the Womens March a few months back in Washington. Yes shes a campaigner for women and rave in the prison system. It is however not brought up the crime she was convicted of was the several day long torture, rape and murder of a man for money which she justified because "he was a homo".

http://www.snopes.com/2017/01/30/donna-hylton-background/

The enemy of your enemy is not your friend.

:stare:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

This is just another step in Hanson copying Trump's playbook. They're blocking any access to ABC reporters (like Trump blocked some news orgs from conferences) and now they're going to slash their funding.

What I don't get is how the Libs, One Nation, et al target ABC and SBS when any polling would surely show they're popular in the electorate. I suppose they don't do any polling on it and just go with their ideology.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Regardless of her political stripes I'm glad there'll be an African born woman in parliament.

It'd be even better if she were elected outright rather than getting in thanks to an old white man's corruption.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Here's your choice: Bob Day (old white corrupt guy with lovely views) or Lucy Gichuhi (not Bob Day).

Clearly by being glad at not Bob Day I'm advocating for Manus and Nauru

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The story of Simpson and his donkey isn't true? :smith:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Dan posted:

That Family First / Australian Conservatives amalgamation seems completely clownshoes. I mean, I don't have any data, but I would have thought that the word "family" in the brand name was a big part of their appeal to a lot of the churchgoing type that would otherwise just vote LNP or One Nation.

Losing the name to the super-generic corporate-sounding Australian Conservatives, seems like a terrible move for them (good).

Also "ABC understands newly elected Family First senator Lucy Gichuhi will not be part of the merged party". LOL.

This morning on ABC they were talking about Cory like he's SA's Pauline Hanson, but what he really is/was is the top of the ticket Liberal member in SA so he's almost guaranteed to get in. Now he's not.

Family First pick up a lot of votes due to their friendly sounding name and Bob Day's tenure - now they've lost both of those.

I can't wait for the next election as Bernardi's party will be blasted into irrelevance.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I can't wait for the next election as Bernardi's party will be blasted into irrelevance.

This doesn't mean he won't still get vox pops on Sky though :smith:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Recoome posted:

Been looking for the objective evidence that cops are actually jackbooted nazis

Dutton not enough for you?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

freebooter posted:

If only Gillard had thought the same thing and gone hard Whitlam in her last 12 months. I guess the difference between the left and the right is the right has gut. Or at least self-entitlement.

Problem is good policy and programs need to be managed well over years, whereas cutting and burning can be dumped on the public while you run away to your golden parachute.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Cartoon posted:

And now for the new bike helmet kerfuffle: Kids and mobile phones. What age is too young? How much more can our authoritarian regime push its hentai like tentacles into our private lives? When personal computers were in their infancy (Exidy sorcerer, TRS80 etc) everyone was falling over themselves to get kids involved with technology now it's taboo till 14? On the one hand I get that mobile addiction and phone related sleep deprivation are real issues and there is scant evidence that using a phone makes people better at using technology. In particular developing the skills needed to service that technology but regulating for what should be a parental responsibility?

This is definitely a family thing that doesn't require regulating. We're trying to keep SMG away from phones and stuff (she's only 17 months old, after all) mostly for it's impact on social skills - we've seen nieces, nephews and cousins who would rather play on their iPad then play with their friends at birthday parties, for example.

For a kid a mobile phone is just another toy but it's one that can take up all your time and offer multiple entertainment options. But if your kid was playing with a single toy all the time and ignoring friends and family to do so wouldn't you want to wean them off a bit?

Of course on the flipside it's a lot easier to keep a kid happy with something like that as they can entertain themselves quietly when you need to do various household chores, etc. It's all about balance I guess - I played a lot of video games as a kid but I wouldn't ditch friends to do so, and that was partly due to my parents encouragement to do stuff other than play games all the time.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

starkebn posted:

good article

It was until he talked poo poo about my man Barrie :argh:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

You Am I posted:

Sophie Mirabella is back in the media again, suing the news paper that reported that she pushed Cathy McGowan out of the way in a photo shoot during the last election campaign.

:qq: :qq: :qq:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Dan Didio posted:

Uhhh, why are the AFP holding a press conference in ten minutes about a 'metadata breach'?

"All our metadata was being stored on our ISPs servers so the government could look at it, who would've thought someone would try to steal it?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

So how much do you reckon they've paid these two chaps to say that the Apex Gang is real on ACA tomorrow night?

• Locked thread