Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Apparently the UWA Dean of Business was just spotted on ABC pretending to be a pensioner, and thanking Turnbull for the company tax cut and pensioner power bill assistance.

Oil; Guillotine; Etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
We just doubled our count in the WA Upper House at the recent election, and gains seem to be rising consistently across the board so I'm a bit more positive about our progress to be honest...

Also as many of you have been asking about UWADeanGate, I've been harassing the ex-business school employee who informed me to find the actual clip online, as he saw it on live TV and then reported it back to me. Turns out it was the outgoing business school dean, who's technically still employed, but on leave until his contract finishes next month - so not really a Lomborg 2.0 situation - but the ABC should probably be dragged over the coals for it.

If we can find the vid online I'll provide linkage. Sorry for the slight anti-climax, I was under the impression he meant the new dean, which would have been slightly more scandalous.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

JBP posted:

What industry do Greens dislike more than anything else?

Yeah this is kinda stupid, seeing as WA mining is mostly iron ore, bit of gold, some nickel - but not really all that much coal. Yes we mine other things, including some coal - but the big differentiator that makes WA "the mining state" is the iron ore mining. I don't think the Greens would be very smart to oppose iron ore mining on principle, as contemporary society is somewhat dependent on steel and probably always will be.

Taking a gander, while obviously the Greens policies state that we should be holding mining companies to account for environmental damage, ending pointless subsidies for an already insanely profitable industry that's no longer driving employment and spending locally, fighting tax avoidance and generally support higher government regulation (which I can see mining companies themselves being opposed to), it doesn't mean in a Greens ideal world we stop digging metal out of the ground. I'm positive that it'd still be profitable, even if it was done responsibly and sustainably.

http://greens.org.au/policies/wa/ecological-sustainability-core-policy

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
I'd wager there's enough iron ore buried under the pilbara to get us through until climate change turns the region into highly desirable beachfront property.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Could just run Gina through the guillotine. She's the kind of narcissistic greed driven gently caress that don't care for succession planning, and as far as I can tell she's cut her kids out of their inheritance (to the point that she had Barnaby emailing them telling them to stop suing her) so that'll be the end of the line for Hancock perhaps...

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

JBP posted:

The kids actually won control of the Hope Hancock Trust which is 1/4 of the company and unless Gina specifies some other beneficiary they'll just get control of it. 50/50 shot as to whether they just turn into their mother or sell it all and buy cocaine.

To be fair this is WA - It'll be meth.

And in fairness, the coke over here is known to be pretty shithouse.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Event link: https://www.facebook.com/events/253136351756631/

Penalty rates rally in Forest Chase. Sally McManus is speaking.

I'd be there but I'm doing Mandatory ACTU Financial Governance Training :toot:

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
yet we get poo poo on for calling them Nazis.

Sheesh. :shrug:

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
I didn't know Dutton snuck out an autobography,

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Boomers will find a way to shove the consequences down onto the younger generations, because they always do.

Just watch - it'll happen in a way that allows investors to shed their portfolios with minimal losses to their overall net worth while younger owner-occupiers get turbofucked, or at best have no capacity to up or downsize to suit changing circumstances.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Like... Why is a minister knowingly and intentionally misleading the public (or parliament for that matter, mistah speaker) not loving illegal again?

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Cartoon posted:

If you want to set an example start with Peter Reith. He's the one that brought children into the debate. Which really just reinforces what I have asserted previously: People who invoke the sentiment of protecting children to garner support are usually using it as a political tool (eg Derin Hinch).

I think referring to Peter Reith as "people" is a bit far fetched.

Lich, sure.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
I can imagine the furor that this would cause if he were a Labor minister...

Murdoch would be calling for public execution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
gently caress yeah. It's been ages since old white dudes last tried to filter the internet.

Edit: dis my dogger

Don Dongington fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Apr 23, 2017

• Locked thread