Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

Not Black Flag?

black flag is a bad game with a cool side activity

it controls no better than the ezio games nearly a decade later too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Me:a animations were outsourced to Romania to save money by EA's managers and bioware's us artists were turned away when they asked to work on them. This coming from a youtuber with several bioware sources that have helped him leak news before. https://youtu.be/42-3GCq6gqo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its a bugged quest

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Grapplejack posted:

I finally got to play 1/2 Genie Hero and it's disappointing. It's not as fun as the last two games :(

Same. Hoping the risky mode they add spices it up.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Raxivace posted:

Wait, is NieR: Automata not in Platinum's typical gameplay style?

Knowing Platinum was involved was what made me decide to skip out on that entire series since I don't like how their games play, but if it doesn't play like Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising etc. then I might go back and check it out after I'm done with Persona 5.

It is but you can have a loadout of abilities that change things up and can trivislize it, and some of the multiple playthroughs have other mechanics that supersede the fighting

If you play on hard without healing abilities its a lot like bayo, aside from when the perspective shifts and its hard to follow whats happening for a bit but the game is a sequel to a very easy rpg so it can't just come out and grade people sub bronze for every fight on normal if they suck

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

The only comparison I would make between treasure and platinum is that they're both Japanese

Yeah. They are both demanding of a players skill i guess.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I am way better at fighters than platinum games (still terrible) because vs someone else makes me care about learning while in a single player game idgaf

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

USA (CA), but I don't have a PS4. I don't know if physical PC copies are still a thing but I'd rather own it through Steam anyway.

e: What is an option select?

One input that will lead to two different outcomes depending on circumstaces.

In fighters you can do things like hit your grab and an attack at the same time and you get either one depending on how your opponent acts.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dr Cheeto posted:

Why is TB bad I know nothing of youtube gamesmen besides maybe Jimbo and Dunkey

He makes insanely boring content about graphics options and the korean starcraft team he owns and acts very serious about being the bill oreilly of youtube games (specifically pc @60 fps only games)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mordja posted:

I know people make fun of the FPS police thing and it's obviously a retarded argument when it comes to stuff like VNs, but there's value in knowing whether a PC port's good or bad, and limiting framerate--especially to 30--when the hardware can be powerful enough to go higher is a pretty big dealbreaker to action games and such.

And no, I don't follow TB's stuff, or any youtuber's really.

Me: tb posts useless info for his fans to circle jerk over

You: yeah he does but theres value in doing a similar but not useless thing without regard for internet celebrity

Me: right on! but we are clear that tb is useless and ungood right?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

Dunkey has never been wrong about a game.

Hes the only funny games youtuber

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I name my characters goku. It works better in dq games because of the art

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Is there any reasoning behind when games are blocked from the share functionality on PS4? Like streaming and audio licensing stuff I can understand, but why prevent screenshots too? I've gotten so accustomed to sharing stuff being instantaneous that it sucks when it doesn't work

Japanese publishers are very picky about it. Dragonball xenoverse had like every conceivable option turned off so it couldnt even be remote played.
Puyopuyo tetris blocked the character interactions between levels so that if you had the notifications on you couldnt play the first 20 seconds of a level cause the "sharing resumed" message covered your play area

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lurdiak posted:

Isn't Square one of those companies that keeps declaring their games a failure when they don't sell COD numbers?

Just the western ones. Cause they paid big for eidos way back when and have failed to offset their losses making final fantasy with tr and deus ex ever since.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

tap my mountain posted:

They should just give up on jrpg garbage and only publish western games. I mean what was the last jrpg that anybody actually liked?

It comes out today

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It has been zero days since the last jrpg that got 9's

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

:siren: VIDEOGAMES, please change thread title to "buy dragon quest heroes 2 on 4/25 and play it online with me!"

Free demo on psn

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Apr 4, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Harrow posted:

It's looking like Persona 5, but, well, that doesn't exactly help Square-Enix.

Here's hoping they don't gently caress up Dragon Quest XI.

Dragon quest XI is going be the next instant classic in the long running line of dragon quest rpgs.
It will have the most deviously desgined unskippable jingles and bad menus to ensure that your play time is an impressive number no matter how much end game you play.
It will have cute characters and a simple plot about friendship and heinous evil and the funny parts will be funny.
You will need to grind levels every so often in your play through

its gonna be loving great times.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Franchescanado posted:

drat, he just can't not draw Goku

if i invented goku and muddafucking piccolo i would make them the star of everything too.

DQ5 stars goku dressed like piccolo and its pretty special

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

beat nier. got like 10 of the 26 endings. A-E and some random death ones. great game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

drawn to death is extremely bad

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Viewtiful Jew posted:

90's Good Bad or Bad Bad?

Like where does it fall on the Jaffe scale?

its like a very bad shooter with very bad art and very bad writing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Only 00s goons will get this, gently caress

in :2005: a guy asked me if i had stairs in my house

edit: did they get rid of the year smilies? wow. bigger shock than when :awesome: got changed

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i just notiiced 2017 kinda looks like a ps4's trapezoid if you chop off the top of the two.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

popping quake dude's iconic ult

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Phantasium posted:

I'm going to do it, I'm going to buy the flash-rear end looking Wonderboy remake.

Reminder that there's loving three of these fuckers

only one of them is the good one. choose wisely

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am in a Persona mood and debating whether to have katsu curry or a beef bowl for lunch.

curry like 100% of the time for me but just personal pref

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

New york has japanese curry focused shops now. former yankee ws mvp matsui has a chain of them and there are a few others i've seen

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

fridge corn posted:

Katsu curry is insanely boring food

its comfort food

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

I have been making the boringest vegetarian curry to eat as a healthy filler while trying to cut carbs. It's like onions and tomatoes and either artichoke hearts or brussell's sprouts with coconut milk. It's pretty tasty. Obviously like, spices and such.

how you gonna eat curry without rice tho?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nah bro i didnt hear that.

Nah

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Borrow a ps3

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im taking like 8 days to do it cause why not

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its very good. So far it fixed everything that made me like smt more than persona (demon convos, press turns, hand made dungeons) and might be my favorite atlus rpg ever but i guess i cant say until i play more

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

anybody you can hang out is listed on your mini map, even if you haven't even started the confidant process yet

yeah the location will have a tarot card icon on the railway map

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Arms should be a punchout fighter with all the classic characters and no waggle

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dr Cheeto posted:

The motion controls are optional

Then why have them

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Playing binary domain for the first time. Aiming feels bad. Does turning off auto aim help?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Grapplejack posted:

Living in the East Coast gives you an extra reason to hate people who live on the West Coast, since when they bitch about heat it's always preferable to what we have. I would rather have a 110° dry heat day than a 85° day at 80% humidity.

I think the streaming culture is almost totally Western in nature.

The Appalachians make the whole east coast an armpit for 3 months and extend the subtropics further north than they should be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

In his new video Jim Sterling casually says that Bulletstorm was as good as Breath of the Wild.

I have to tip my hat to such brave trolling. RIP Jim Sterling's ISP.

He gave it the same score

• Locked thread